21 And Over - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

21 And Over Reviews

½ February 11, 2014
Jeff chang man Jeff chang good ol party movie
February 21, 2014
Project X part 2?

What feels project X without the found footage style is quite...the same material, there's nothing new here it's almost the same as project X with the atmospheric storyline. This movie is not all that funny, or good, just feels like a second part to project X but with a title change

The characters don't feel like they have the friendly charm they are supposed to have and falls flat for what get were going for
½ April 8, 2016
Not sure what all the bad reviews are about. It's dumb, it's immature, & it's wicked funny. Recommended.
½ April 1, 2016
Inevitable comparisons to the Hangover aside, 21 and over is a mild crude comedy that plays on predictable profane humor that nowhere near as wild and memorable as it's inspiration.
½ August 20, 2013
Horribly written and poorly directed. Predictable and non-enjoyable. Do not watch this movie.
½ January 25, 2016
21 & Over is a waste of an effort, for it tries to be a duplicate of The Hangover.
½ December 29, 2015
I expected it to be funny but not this good. not quite on the level of the classics like Superbad and Neighbors or Pineapple Express but a couple notches below it
½ December 24, 2015
exactly a movie you would've expected it to be. intriguing, stupid... but it comes on to be a little more than just stupid and that's where it gets boring. no one likes senseless comedy. simply average.
December 19, 2015
21 & Over is one of those comedies about a few friends go on a drunken adventure as one of their best mates has become 21 and is legal to drink and go crazy. A right of passage movie if you wish.
The movie had its funny moments but its nothing special it goes along the lines of Euro Trip and teen comedies like that.
If you want a full comparison I would say this is the teenage version of The Hangover.
Besides all the wild shenanigans the movies message is about how young people have and feel the pressure of becoming what their parents want them to be. As like this movie does portray quite well. The crazy behavior and reasoning behind it.
For me this movie is a one time deal.
I do not drink however this is one of those drinking movies I would say young people watch and get smashed and watch.
Not suitable for the kids.
This is for sure for the young Uni demographic.
½ November 19, 2015
I like a lot this kind of movies! so itīs hard to disagree with this movie when I laughed a lot.
November 9, 2015
Ok , not a bad movie , but what an asshole actor is that Miller dude , and that PingPong-guy what an idiot , i don't believe you can party and be rude to people like that in the life we live in ....ok movie , but i wish if i met people like that i could shoot them in there nuts...assholes !
August 24, 2014
A good laugh , started slow but soon picked up
August 18, 2015
too funny, i liked it a lot
July 28, 2015
How did not more people love this?! OMG I thought it was effin hilarious! The characters, the drunk birthday boy OMG lol. I'm sorry I just FANGIRL over this movie like crazy one of my absolute FAVORITES! Please watch this! I also have a HUGE crush on Miller (Miles Teller)
July 25, 2015
7/20/2015: Ok at best. There were a few funny moments, but that's about it.
March 4, 2013
2013/03/02: It's a good thing I laughed a few times or I'd be totally pissed at this film. Perhaps it's my age, or perhaps it's my employment, but I found this film totally irresponsible. First off, I don't like it when people make light of suicide. A kid who considers taking his own life is not comedy material. Neither is an angry, controlling father who no doubt contributed to the kid's condition. Suicide is about as serious an issue as it gets and the topic just wasn't spun correctly by the writers (not that I think they could've spun it correctly anyway). Secondly, I understand the role of excessive alcohol consumption in a coming of age comedy, but impaired driving is just not something to make light of. F**k me, what were the producers of this film thinking? In regards to the lead trio, these guys seemed to hover on the edge of bringing on some big laughs but they just couldn't quite pull it off. I just wanted to like them so much but it was almost as if they were poor copies of better characters, Superbad's Evan (Michael Cera) for example. With some seasoning and a better script I think some of these guys, Miles Teller in particular, could make it big in the comedy world. With what they were provided with here, it just couldn't happen.
½ July 8, 2015
Random and not in a good way
June 28, 2015
Haven't laughed this much for ages!
½ June 19, 2015
A mash up of the Hangover & American Pie but sadly it's plot & subsequent events are outdated & lacking humour. Everything has been done before & it struggles to reinvent the wheel. It does have its moments but they are few & far between.
Two friends decide to take out their best friend for his 21st birthday the evening before he is due to have an important interview. Cue excessive drinking & inappropriate behaviour throughout with few hilarities as they struggle to get their friend home for his interview.
June 11, 2015
Not that good of a movie. Didn't make me laugh as other movies of this type normally do.