28 Days - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

28 Days Reviews

May 14, 2017
Bit of a silly movie, despite the subject matter.
½ May 7, 2017
Wholesome + mostly comforting rehab film. How great is young Sandra Bullock??
½ April 3, 2017
Pleasant enough but an old story. Nothing to really stay with you.
March 25, 2017
fun movie to watch from time to time
March 23, 2017
I don't really see this movie like everyone else does. Its not a movie about an alcoholic who spends 28 days in rehab. Its more about a girl who spends time in a relaxation hotel for a few days, meets some friends, laughs, and then it ends. Sandra Bullock is funny as always. Great comedy.
February 18, 2016
A bit too simplistic. You can see a big difference between this film and, for instance, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.
½ December 7, 2015
The movie 28 days is a rather lengthy movie about Gwen; a rude, vulgar, repulsive, alcoholic woman who is going through 28 days of rehabilitation at an unremarkable treatment center, after ruining her sister's wedding, stealing a limousine and crashing it into somebody's house. In my opinion, the characters in this movie are rather detestable; as it is painfully obvious that the main character, along with the other members of this godforsaken asylum, which is a central setting to the movie, indulge themselves in repugnant, detrimental consumption of narcotics, and thus they are subordinate in that they cannot be trusted to not destroy themselves when left alone. If this movie actually conveys any kind of message at all, then this message is the consequences of being dependent; particularly, on drugs. Indeed, I have never before seen so many elaborate examples of derelicts in a movie. This movie was rather painful for me to watch, as I am apparently not comfortable in the presence of so much failure. It is true that nearly all the greatest and most successful movies inspire us, however this movie's abominable portrayal of humanity is rather dejecting in nature. This movie was, indeed, the worst movie I have ever seen.
Sandra Bullock does a good job in portraying Gwen, a drug addict and an epic failure of a human-being. At times, I was actually convinced that I was observing an actual manifestation of the lowest ends of human civilization. The relatively accurate portrayal of the more disgusting parts of humanity was indeed impressive to see as physically rendered, but rather difficult to watch as a cinematic end-result.

In most anti-drug films, the point of the film (that drugs are bad) is made clear once the guinea-pig drug-addict is arrested for some obscene act, is put into jail for the epilogue, and then rolling the credits. This movie somehow finds a way to extend the epilogue of this archetype concept into a tedious, two-hour sit-fest.
½ October 30, 2015
I'm Guessing These Funny Moments Riding The Up's & Down's On An Emotional Rollercoaster Of Withdrawal Are Not Too Far Off The Mark. It Works Nicely & Of Course Sandra Looks Beautiful.. ;-)
½ October 3, 2015
I Always did remember this movie , seen it again ...fun and some worse days ! SOMDVD
September 28, 2015
Ehkä paras Sandra Bullockin leffa, jonka oon nähnyt. Niinkin vaikeasta aiheesta kuin alkoholiriippuvuus on onnistuttu saamaan hauska elokuva. (Suom. 28 päivää)
½ September 20, 2015
A Hallmark Channel movie masquerading as a serious film with something to say.
September 18, 2015
An interesting movie choice for her. Loved Sandra Bullock in this movie. Loved the chemistry between all the actors.
September 2, 2015
Hey, it was good. :)
April 3, 2015
a terrible, terrible movie.
½ March 24, 2015
A giggle and a smirk every now and then, but that is about it.
½ February 7, 2015
I enjoyed it. Bullock, Buscemi, and others were pretty good.
January 29, 2015
Average, a few laughs
December 26, 2014
This certainly had its moments, but overall I just didn't find this very compelling.