28 Hotel Rooms - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

28 Hotel Rooms Reviews

September 17, 2016
Discussions inintéressantes, déjà vues des milliers de fois avant, érotisme médiocre, un film sans personnalité
½ March 31, 2015
A very sparse, low-budget character drama that had me working sometimes to stay interested and follow the storyline. But there are some really strong moments that came together and kept me watching to the end. Definitely brave and open performances from Messina and Ireland who are of course the keys to whatever success this film has with viewers. I'm intrigued by the questions this film left me thinking about.
March 29, 2015
Although it's sexier than Fifty Shades of Gray, i'ts boring and... weird.
½ March 9, 2015
Another dead honest, sad but hopeful, brilliantly acted and utterly romantic movie. "28 Hotel Rooms" is an indie that plays like a sexed-up Neil LaBute play, which just makes the topics of one-night stands and romantic statuses all the more intriguing and questionable. Both Chris Messina and Marin Ireland are absolutely fantastic here. It's a little slow at times, but "28 Hotel Rooms" is a sizzling romantic drama not to be missed.
½ December 22, 2014
The lead actors were good enough to keep you watching this movie, but it is rather pointless in the end.
½ October 28, 2014
Can be done much better
October 20, 2014
I cant believe this movie is ranked so low. reminds me of 9 songs, but better, in a way
September 21, 2014
It's gray. I feel like a lot of people hate this movie simply because they're cheating. But this movie is about the gray, the complicated, it's about life. The acting is phenomenal, the editing and cinematography is very interesting. All in all the story telling and performances are intoxicating and like nothing I've seen before. I can't take my eyes off the screen no matter how many times I watch this film.
½ August 30, 2014
A challenging and only half-successful character study that is held up admirably by Chris Messina's incredibly toned shoulders.
½ August 16, 2014
Pretentious, tedious, dull, pointless.
½ June 12, 2014
Brilliant film. Incredibly intimate and engaging character study. Acting was fantastic.
December 21, 2013
This appears to be an unpopular movie, but it kept me up way later than I'd intended last night. The characters make it difficult for you to agree with the actions they're taking, but there is disgusted as we are at times. It's a love that doesn't make sense, that threatens everything, that causes both parties to hate themselves as often as often as it gives them an escape from their primary loves and lives. I particularly liked how needed he was used to visually convey the increasing vulnerability of the male character. We see more of Emma early on, but we'll seceder crying early on. The fellow second-half shows just the opposite. Emma is more at ease with what they're doing, while the previously nonchalant novelist begins to unravel, and suddenly we're seeing a lot more of his cock. First time I've seen male genitalia used to convey a character's state of mind.
December 16, 2013
One line summary: Enduring relationship between two people not married to each other.
Strong resemblance to 'Same Time, Next Year' with Alan Alda and Ellen Burstyn, 1978.

-----------------------------------------------------

She is from Seattle; he is based in New York. He is a novelist; she is a data miner. They travel in their work and meet now and then. They are rather guarded about their personal information, but are obviously attracted to one another. They get to know each other over time. She reads his book and likes it.

Eventually they talk about anything and everything. Their careers change over time. They discuss the meaning of what they do. They deal with life events.

When he is about to get married (she has been for some time), they talk about dropping their mates and marrying each other. But somehow it does not happen.

They have some tough times as well, such as when they talk about why they have not married each other. The ambivalence shines through again.

Some of their pretend conversations about possible lives together are fantasy, but still priceless. The acting by Chris Messina and Marin Ireland was very nuanced.

She gets pregnant, and decides to rear the child with her husband of record. Both of them have trouble dealing with it, but it's the decision that involves the least damage. Other changes come along, like his inability to drink coffee, due to a stomach condition.

Will they keep meeting, or will their married lives force that tradition to break?

-------Scores---------

Cinematography: 9/10 Fine, except for the occasional camera shake.

Sound: 9/10 No problems.

Acting: 10/10 The two principals are quite good.

Screenplay: 9/10 Well told evolution of a long-lasting affair between two people who are more than friends.
September 30, 2013
Loved the honest performances from both actors, as well as the peaky narrative of their relationship. what I didn't quite like was the dialogues. an affair's passion embarks for deeper conversations on both parties. After all, they crave for something out of the ordinary, and the excitement lacked in their choice of words. But overall I liked the movie; recommended.
½ September 2, 2013
A fascinating film that gave me incite into something I never experienced personally and really couldn't understand before.
½ August 28, 2013
It is apparently inspired by/ adapted from "En la Cama (In Bed)".
August 2, 2013
Don't under-estimate this film. The ambiguity, the thrill, the despair - it will make you wonder about the strangers you pass in hotel lobbies. Excellent film that doesn't wrap it all into a nice, neat package with a bow. Because life doesn't do that. You guessed it - I don't like sweets.
July 27, 2013
Cleverly written, unique take on infidelity, without seeing their spouses. Spaces, all about spaces.
½ July 12, 2013
Melko taidokkaasti toteutettu kahden näyttelijän draama. Mitäänhän tässä ei kyllä tapahtunut, mutta tekijöille pakko nostaa hattua.
July 7, 2013
Lame conversations between horrible, selfish people I don't care about. The best part is, is they feel sorry for themselves. I realized this is why I avoid reality shows like 'Jersey Shore' or any Kardashian show. I couldn't even finish this movie.