300 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

300 Reviews

April 19, 2017
A visually exciting epic experience!
April 19, 2017
Very good, full of action and extremely good acting skills by the likes of Gerard Butler. Not to be missed! ??
April 14, 2017
Not as good as everyone says it is but is still an entertaining action movie that is great to look at.
April 12, 2017
Really beautiful ending
½ April 10, 2017
300, is from the director Zack Snyder. First off, this is a visually exciting experience which is flawlessly amazing, full of blood action and violence and ready made dialogue. However, it does go too much over style rather than substance, telling a cohesive story. As the film progresses, it is very repetitive, with repetitive action and heavy exposition scenes which kept me bored and having the desire to see a lot more bloody action and uninterested at the central story and characters, conflict. Overall, 300 is all about great visuals and bloody action, definitely not heavily historically inspired and expelling certain plots and story lines.
April 8, 2017
Brilliant. It is just so intense, yet witty in some places.
½ March 26, 2017
75%
Short on substance but grand in storytelling, 300 is atmospheric pleasure.
½ March 26, 2017
Intense, violent, and fun, 300 benefits heavily from its r-rating and a strong leading performance from Gerard Butler. Historical inaccuracies aside, this is, in the words of Craig Ferguson, "A great f*cking movie".
½ March 25, 2017
As every Snyder movie, 300 is a beautiful show of technic stuff, as slow motion and especial effects, with a great dark atmosphere.
But lacks of coherence and it seems you are watching a fantasy movie instead of a historical movie (i can say the same for Miller's graphic novel)
Although is a great adaptation of the mentioned Miller's work, fails in telling the story to the people, watching the spartans fight for a weak purpose and the persians portrayed as the bad guys fighting the "heroes" whose purpose is even more weak.
A movie to entertain, nothing else.
March 21, 2017
Gerard Butler and Lena Headey are superb, David Wenham provides excellent narration, the action is highly stylized and violent, Tyler Bates's score is glorious, and Zack Snyder is at his best.
½ March 20, 2017
It should be 301 because it was 300 spartans and him
March 20, 2017
It's faithfully adapted in it's visual style, but despite the graphic violence the story has been toned down from Miller's brutal depiction of the Spartans as a society. There is a more distinctive sense of brotherhood & 'every man is equal' about Snyder's vision, yet despite this & the over-use of slowmotion in all the fight scenes (if not the whole film), it's a brilliant film to watch with a very simple yet effective story.
½ March 19, 2017
Really nice cinematography and story telling. I love the detail in the battle scenes too
February 24, 2017
Really liked the way this film was done visually. I don't know if I've ever seen another film that was done in that same way... It was a bit bloody for me though. Great action film though.
½ February 18, 2017
I believe the film is set up to stand the test of time. It's a film you will catch yourself watching if it's on and remember how ground breaking it was as it lead to a spartan frenzy of shows on Stars and the History Channel. It is a stand alone that should have been left that way, but instead now has it's name tarnished by it successor that is not even worth calling a movie. 300 could arguably be Gerard Butlers launching point. Sure he had other movies before this however his role here will truly be hard to forget. As for Zack Snyder I'd say the film was his ticket to having his control on the world of DC comics. Granted the DC movies movies he's done are....questionable, however 300 displays the strengths and capabilities Snyder has as a director.
February 15, 2017
I truly enjoyed everything about this movie from the intense action to the amazing soundtrack. I was truly entertained throughout. I could've done with a few less slow-mo shots but overall I think it was great. It's a great visual representation of Spartan culture and the battle of Thermopylae.
½ February 13, 2017
With great visuals 300 is a really good action movie. Gerald Butler was born to play a Spartan warrior. Snyder does a good job of adapting the 300 comic book into a solid film. The choreography on some of the action scenes are great. A very epic story. The plot is a little weak but I don't think it effects the film all that much. You still get your great action and beautiful style.
February 4, 2017
boring,slow paced and absurdly written
January 22, 2017
Great film with great action scenes and even better visuals. Great story from start to finish.
½ January 10, 2017
Exploitation and objectification, done right ;every is character thoroughly stereotyped and exploited. Nearly naked white men with thoroughly shaved bodies and un-shaven faces battle Arabs, monsters, ninjas, gays, and more monsters.