300 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

300 Reviews

½ January 10, 2017
Exploitation and objectification, done right ;every is character thoroughly stereotyped and exploited. Nearly naked white men with thoroughly shaved bodies and un-shaven faces battle Arabs, monsters, ninjas, gays, and more monsters.
½ December 28, 2016
Oh my god! A good Zack Snyder movie!
December 26, 2016
Artistically shot, but bloody mindless violence. The story is epic though the pacing hurts it some. There are some good moments, but the movie didn't really work for me.
December 20, 2016
This movie is exciting and visually thrilling. But more importantly, I think it should be defended on the front that poor writing brought about the constant "professional wrestler" quotes. Many of those one-liners are real, historical quotes--humorous and simple, profound but quick words shared by the Spartans who believed that the Athenians were not the only Greek philosophers. 300 is based on an excellent comic book--literature with at least one subtle foreshadowing and metaphor (more than many of the movies that have a higher RT score). I don't think this is the greatest movie of the year, but it is certainly more than pulp film.
December 19, 2016
Spellbinding visuals and definitely cult worthy but I would lie if I didn't say the ending was weak
December 13, 2016
The fighting scenes are cool but the film couldn't really keep me hooked
December 8, 2016
Terrible, horrible movie. Nothing but a crappy CGIfest with no plot. There was this amazing historical plot they could have followed, but nope. Let's put monsters and mutants and general crap in it. Not following reality is not why it is terrible though, it is just a bad movie. Neglecting the historical truth is just the craptastic cherry on the top.
½ December 3, 2016
It's fun and stylish before Snyder became the Snyder we all know and fear.
December 1, 2016
A different way to tell a well known story.
December 1, 2016
Stylish to a fault and occasionally stirring, 300's emphasis of style over substance unfortunately can't help but make it feel fake.
November 23, 2016
Boring, Felt like it was missing parts
November 20, 2016
Wow, was this boring. I do not understand why this was so popular. It was like half cartoon, and the rest just shirtless guys stabbing each other. Had absolutely no interest in the plot whatsoever.
November 20, 2016
Wresting with swords and fake body parts.
November 6, 2016
In recognition of me getting my 300th Facebook friend...I thought I'd try to watch this film again. Wow...2007...has it been that long since it came out?! It's a better film than I remembered...despite it's sepia-toned CGI. A testament to courage and holding to principle until the end.
½ November 1, 2016
Bigest BS story that ever been told. This movie is total BS. Make believe.
½ October 18, 2016
Omg!! the greatest action movie ever made!! a masterpiece
October 17, 2016
Guy flick. No story line. Greased up men fighting.
October 16, 2016
Super intense action in a fictionalized version of the Battle of Thermopylae (told from the point of view of a Greek warrior after the battle). Really good movie
October 13, 2016
Great performance by Gerard butler, maybe the best of his career. Really good movie. Good action and all.
½ September 18, 2016
let's see scantily clad attractive muscular sweating guys, who might want to see that? ok, let's say it was not intended for gays ut it was intended for gays nevertheless. i started laughing out loud when that dawned on me somewhere near the end of the film. it also occurred to the makers of "welcome to sparta" obviously.