300 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

300 Reviews

February 24, 2017
Really liked the way this film was done visually. I don't know if I've ever seen another film that was done in that same way... It was a bit bloody for me though. Great action film though.
½ February 18, 2017
I believe the film is set up to stand the test of time. It's a film you will catch yourself watching if it's on and remember how ground breaking it was as it lead to a spartan frenzy of shows on Stars and the History Channel. It is a stand alone that should have been left that way, but instead now has it's name tarnished by it successor that is not even worth calling a movie. 300 could arguably be Gerard Butlers launching point. Sure he had other movies before this however his role here will truly be hard to forget. As for Zack Snyder I'd say the film was his ticket to having his control on the world of DC comics. Granted the DC movies movies he's done are....questionable, however 300 displays the strengths and capabilities Snyder has as a director.
February 15, 2017
I truly enjoyed everything about this movie from the intense action to the amazing soundtrack. I was truly entertained throughout. I could've done with a few less slow-mo shots but overall I think it was great. It's a great visual representation of Spartan culture and the battle of Thermopylae.
½ February 13, 2017
With great visuals 300 is a really good action movie. Gerald Butler was born to play a Spartan warrior. Snyder does a good job of adapting the 300 comic book into a solid film. The choreography on some of the action scenes are great. A very epic story. The plot is a little weak but I don't think it effects the film all that much. You still get your great action and beautiful style.
February 4, 2017
boring,slow paced and absurdly written
January 22, 2017
Great film with great action scenes and even better visuals. Great story from start to finish.
½ January 10, 2017
Exploitation and objectification, done right ;every is character thoroughly stereotyped and exploited. Nearly naked white men with thoroughly shaved bodies and un-shaven faces battle Arabs, monsters, ninjas, gays, and more monsters.
½ December 28, 2016
Oh my god! A good Zack Snyder movie!
December 26, 2016
Artistically shot, but bloody mindless violence. The story is epic though the pacing hurts it some. There are some good moments, but the movie didn't really work for me.
December 20, 2016
This movie is exciting and visually thrilling. But more importantly, I think it should be defended on the front that poor writing brought about the constant "professional wrestler" quotes. Many of those one-liners are real, historical quotes--humorous and simple, profound but quick words shared by the Spartans who believed that the Athenians were not the only Greek philosophers. 300 is based on an excellent comic book--literature with at least one subtle foreshadowing and metaphor (more than many of the movies that have a higher RT score). I don't think this is the greatest movie of the year, but it is certainly more than pulp film.
December 19, 2016
Spellbinding visuals and definitely cult worthy but I would lie if I didn't say the ending was weak
December 13, 2016
The fighting scenes are cool but the film couldn't really keep me hooked
December 8, 2016
Terrible, horrible movie. Nothing but a crappy CGIfest with no plot. There was this amazing historical plot they could have followed, but nope. Let's put monsters and mutants and general crap in it. Not following reality is not why it is terrible though, it is just a bad movie. Neglecting the historical truth is just the craptastic cherry on the top.
½ December 3, 2016
It's fun and stylish before Snyder became the Snyder we all know and fear.
December 1, 2016
A different way to tell a well known story.
December 1, 2016
Stylish to a fault and occasionally stirring, 300's emphasis of style over substance unfortunately can't help but make it feel fake.
November 23, 2016
Boring, Felt like it was missing parts
November 20, 2016
Wow, was this boring. I do not understand why this was so popular. It was like half cartoon, and the rest just shirtless guys stabbing each other. Had absolutely no interest in the plot whatsoever.
November 20, 2016
Wresting with swords and fake body parts.
November 6, 2016
In recognition of me getting my 300th Facebook friend...I thought I'd try to watch this film again. Wow...2007...has it been that long since it came out?! It's a better film than I remembered...despite it's sepia-toned CGI. A testament to courage and holding to principle until the end.