300 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

300 Reviews

March 13, 2019
300 is that rare convention breaker that proves a movie doesn't need to be intelligent. Its mission was to deliver on gorgeous visuals and plentiful action, which it does so masterfully.
½ March 12, 2019
This quote-heavy historical action epic may have visual flare and bloody violence to spare, but isn't nearly as polished as it could be and often likes slow motion over smooth camerawork and historical accuracy.
March 10, 2019
A well adapted telling of the Frank Miller classic graphic novel. Shots are stylized to look like a live-action comic.
March 3, 2019
I think it's funny that all of the critic reviews dislike this movie and yet almost all of the audience reviews loved it but isn't that how it goes most of the time. I for one loved and still love this movie even though I'm a girl who usually can't handle this type of movie. The violence and the fighting is not my cup of tea and still I couldn't get enough of 300. I think that says something about just how good this movie really is. It's not all fighting either and has a really interesting side story going on. Even the fighting scenes I loved because how can you not love something that badass?! I loved the bits of humor they incorporated into such a serious situation. Gerard Butler was meant to play this role and it shows in a big way. His wife the queen was brilliant as well I'm not sure what the actresses name is but she was great. It just all comes together and works in a big, spectacular and ridiculously entertaining way! In my opinion the critics who dissed this film must be total squares.
February 25, 2019
Presents Frank Miller's graphic novel in cinematic form !00% faithfully. Some may say it's historically inaccurate and somewhat offensive but remember, it's based on a comic book. Plus, the story's told from the Greek perspective, who saw the Persians as foreign barbarians (or anyone else for that matter).
February 23, 2019
I love this movie. the visuals are spectacular. The action scenes are incredible. This movie is a perverse hedonistic thrill ride.
½ January 14, 2019
I was a bit disappointed by this, I followed the hype, yet I was disappointed. Was hard to care for the characters to me. The movie had some cool scenes, but not much substance in my opinion
½ January 5, 2019
Dark and entertaining, it had a comic book feel and reminds me of almost noir-type movies, like Sin City.
½ December 27, 2018
300 was as pathetically puerile as I had expected.
½ November 8, 2018
This movie never sets out to be anything other than a fun visceral gore fest so watch it as one. It's a fun visually stunning action film of macho men doing macho things in a macho way. Anything else in the film isn't great but it isn't awful either. Watch this movie how it was meant to be watched and you will have one hell of a time.
½ September 16, 2018
A bunch of metrosexuals walking in the dessert...It was good for 15 minutes, after that, it becomes unbearable...
September 15, 2018
one of the best in the action/adventure genre, a masterpiece in its own right. nothing could be improved upon.

people giving this a negative score should revisit their reasons for watching it.
September 9, 2018
Easily Zach Snyder's best film. The cinematography is absolutely incredible, the fight scenes are breathtaking, and Gerard Butler makes me want to run to the gym and bench press eight-thousand pounds.
½ September 2, 2018
It felt really artificial...like a cheap impersonation of Lord of The Rings.
August 23, 2018
Senza dimenticare che Ŕ basato interamente da una graphic novel, e che qualsiasi critica verso il realismo risulterebbe stupida e fuori luogo, possiamo affermare senza problemi che Ŕ un'esperienza nuova, esaltante, violenta ed emozionante. Come i migliori film moderni e non, abbiamo una coesione perfetta tra musiche e immagini: entrambe violente e spinte, da un lato con slow motion azzeccati, un contrapporsi di riprese strette e ampie, effetti speciali che esaltano il clima fumettistico; dall'altro un comparto sonoro incredibilmente vivace e movimentato, che eleva l'esperienza e la rende godibile anche sotto tutta un'altra prospettiva. Da lodare senza dubbio le scelte registiche di Zack Snyder, il quale si prende un'enorme responsabilitÓ nell'affidare agli effetti speciali gran parte delle immagini. Alla fine il risultato paga il coraggio e dimostra che a volte l'eccesso di effetti virtuali pu˛ avere un effetto positivo, soprattutto se Ŕ necessario quel tocco che ogni film basato su un fumetto necessita. E' sotto l'aspetto narrativo che il film arranca, con inutili monologhi diplomatici che si discostano dall'azione e annoiano facilmente. Se solo fossero state due ore dedicate solo all'azione e alla storia di Leonida, sono sicuro che avrebbe elevato esponenzialmente il successo straordinario che ha giÓ guadagnato.
August 13, 2018
mehr schein als sein
August 6, 2018
How are the ratings not at least to 95%? Best movie
July 12, 2018
Absolutely an awesome Movie in Movie History!
June 19, 2018
86%
A perfect example of how to be a popcorn/dumb-fun/kill-time movie.