300 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

300 Reviews

½ May 2, 2018
So stupid, but fun and pretty... kinda.
½ April 17, 2018
A great action flick, and really an exact transition from the novel by great writer Frank Miller. The visuals on this movie were amazing. Zack Snyder did the novel justice, and i cant wait to see his version of the watchmen.
½ April 10, 2018
it can have its moments, with doctrinaire but stirring one-liners or some digitally refined images. but it's as much a video-game cutscene as it is a visually drab canvas of brainless, slowed-down close-ups. it lacks the creative drive to divagate from the comic's exact illustrations, thus the locus on primal brutality doesn't quite hit the mark as it should. nor does the speechifying form anything close to a coherent message or sensation.
March 26, 2018
Based on the Battle of Thermopylae and King Leonidas' 300-manned army to stop the Persian Army, Zack Snyder's epic comic book war film struggles to contain any actual substance, but the stunning cinematography and thrilling violence make '300' decent entertainment.
March 18, 2018
It was cliche boring and predictable all the way through this glaring shitshow of film
March 17, 2018
Loved this movie.
Zero fucks given to your ratings. Peace out.
March 15, 2018
Historically inaccurate, poorly directed.
March 8, 2018
300 is one of my favorite movies and being surprised by zack synder who knew that this would be an film that nobody would forget unless your thrown into a hole.
½ March 2, 2018
this is definitely reminiscent of that story your mate tells down the pub about him battling of 12 large blokes single handedly
February 20, 2018
A visually exciting epic experience! Gerard Butler, David Wenham, Lena Hedley and Rodrigo Santoro are great as they entertain you! 4/4
February 19, 2018
Lots of blood and guts. This is generally a good thing. A bit slow in places and some of the acting is wooden, but different and visually appealing. Worth a go.
½ February 6, 2018
Cinematography/Editing: 5
Age/Originality: 4
Total: 19/25
½ February 2, 2018
Unique for its time, the style was something of a fresh look in film initiated by Zack Snyder. It has plenty of entertaining moments despite the fight choreography resembling a video game, and the look of the film has video game quality of its own. Butler's King Leonidas has a commanding presence as roaring leader, while him and his ultra macho soldiers explore the cultural significance of what its like to be a Spartan soldier, an intriguing element to the narrative.
½ January 22, 2018
You need to understand that this is not a smart movie. In fact, this movie is not only dumb, but also cheesy, over-the-top and unquestionably ridicullous.

That said, it is also 2 hours of non-stop, visually stunning, and above all fun ass-kicking. And sometimes... that's all you can ask for.
December 29, 2017
I've always seen Zack Snyder as someone who relies on visuals as opposed to dialogue to tell his story. Gerard Butler is iconically over the top and so is the action. Say what you want about Zack Snyder but his unique style is on fully display here.

B+
½ December 28, 2017
this movie can be summed up in one word: IDIOTIC. no stars
December 27, 2017
BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!! AWSOME GORE AND SPECIAL EFFECTS!!!!
½ December 22, 2017
This should be a cult classic for gays. I first saw this movie when I was 15, It's soft core, gay fantasy eye candy. With CGI abs included.
½ December 21, 2017
Initially I had no interest in watching this movie at all. When I was 10 years old I watched about the first half hour of the movie and then wandered elsewhere in the house because I thought that it was stupid. So, coming back and watching this movie 7 years later I was extremely surprised by the fact that I actually enjoyed watching this movie. The jokes in the movie actually had me laughing, and the honor that the Greeks possessed had me flabbergasted. The characters were brutal, and the movie was extremely gory, but the fighting was amazing. The first ten minutes of the movie may have been a little slow, but afterwards the movie picked up and never really slowed down again. I was never bored and I would definitely recommend the movie to anyone looking for a good fighting movie, as long as they don't mind watching people lose their heads every ten minutes.
December 21, 2017
Actually I found out that its more accurate than I assumed. Enjoy the violence and realize that many of the battle scenes are just for fun and not what really happened. But the portrayal of Sparta and its warriors is very well done! If you don't like graphic violence don't watch it!