300 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

300 Reviews

November 18, 2017
this is sparta!!!!!!­???­???­???
½ November 16, 2017
not for the thinking crowd. it is what it is: total carnage, comic book style hand-to-hand combat. it's kind of cool to see Lena Headey before GOT and Michael Fassbender before X-Men. 300 just doesn't really build to anything.
½ October 25, 2017
More style than substance, but nonetheless a visually exhilarating war epic. The fantasy elements do detract, but there is a strong message for the preservation of culture and identity as well as the threat to it, which makes 300 ever more worthwhile in the current climate. Solid.
October 20, 2017
what a good action movie!!!
great bad-ass action­???
October 19, 2017
Really good film. Good story, great acting and directing. However, could do with a bit less violence and blood.
There are quite a few parts that are historically inaccurate, such as the way the gladiators were dressed during battle and the political way Sparta worked.
October 14, 2017
One of the bests....needs more women. I hope they fixed it in the next 300....
September 30, 2017
Not historically accurate at all but it is extremely enjoyable, nice visuals, strong characters, and a decent story.
September 25, 2017
I don't approve the technical way it is done, it's absolutely the wrong way to present historical events for the youth, but thematically it's on the right track: we all must remember how the Western culture was preserved and had faced the threat of obliteration from foreign invasions.
jamrcla
September 17, 2017
Brilliant film and action scenes are over the top but they're done so well with some great one shot scenes and fantastic slow motion and fast motion shots all in one, Don't expect it to be a history lesson, This film is all about the action, It's gory, Easy to follow my only problem was adding creatures and monsters they were not needed and only used as a time filler, But apart from that it's one of the best action films around.
½ September 17, 2017
Honestly, I thought this movie would be entertaining, but not very memorable. But, I was honestly blown away. The best word I can use to describe 300 is just BAD-ASS! It is so cool and awesome. The acting is really good. The critics got this one all wrong, way too low of a rating.
September 12, 2017
Still to this day love it....and liberals hate it.;)
September 7, 2017
This movie still deserves to be watched every now and then. Zack Snyder's visual style and direction makes this movie far more enjoyable then the basic script deserves. Some people hate on this movie, but I will always love watching it.
September 6, 2017
Since I'm apparently one of very few who know that this is based on a Frank Miller comic which fictionalized what happened at Thermopylae rather than a history lesson with occasional fantasy elements rendering it immune to the "Pocahontas curse", I enjoyed this film a lot more than I maybe should've. Plus, it's easier to enjoy a Zack Snyder film if you're not in it for complexity and anyway, this was back during his glory days before "MARTHA". With quotable lines, well-conducted music, visual thrills, awesome battle sequences and stylishly made, 300 kept me so thrilled throughout that I forgave its racist depictions of Persians in 480 B.C.. Gerard Butler is perfect for the role of King Leonidas who guides his men to battle and offers encouraging advice for their battles. And there's also that killer remix which constantly appears on YouTube. Anyone remember the This is Sparta remix from a couple of years ago? I miss those days. So, as long as you aren't easily disgusted by the sight of blood, can manage to look past its somewhat racist approach and are in it for a fun action-packed ride with tons of visual splendor and aren't expecting a history lesson, 300 is a thrilling experience that just might go down in history as director Zack Snyder's best film to date...although the only other movies of his I've seen are Man of Steel and BvS. 300 is not a bad movie, just relax, sit back and enjoy the show.
August 14, 2017
There is something wrong with this movie. Its all filmed against a blue screen even the characters are blue-screened. And I saw little of this supposedly historic film, but honestly I left 1/2 of the way through. and went and saw a better movie showing next door in the same Theater.
½ August 7, 2017
It was cliche boring and predictable all the way through this glaring shitshow of film
½ August 1, 2017
Watched this on Sky as part of the 'Historically Innacurate' package. I'd like to believe aspects of this film were correct but all the monsters/demon people whatever they are...kind of put the downer on the film. Too much green screen in this film they could of put more effort into it but other than that it's a decent film.
July 30, 2017
Stunning visuals, bloody, action packed, and a very entertaining exciting movie.
July 28, 2017
Gory yet visually pleasing and stunning, 300 is a surprisingly effective retelling of an ancient battle.
July 23, 2017
Truly this is manifest of "Spartan" and all of the word's essence. Not in the slightest overdone or exaggerated. One for the ages.
½ June 25, 2017
A-
Extremely quotable, bad-ass, and fun, 300 is a movie to remember. Zack Snyder knocks this movie's special effects and action out of the park and does justice to the comic.