300 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

300 Reviews

February 20, 2018
A visually exciting epic experience! Gerard Butler, David Wenham, Lena Hedley and Rodrigo Santoro are great as they entertain you! 4/4
February 19, 2018
Lots of blood and guts. This is generally a good thing. A bit slow in places and some of the acting is wooden, but different and visually appealing. Worth a go.
February 14, 2018
70/100

"300" de Zack Snyder ofrece una sencilla historia de guerra con un reparto mas o menos inspirados, que podría haber pasado bastante desapercibida sino fuera por su emocionante, excitante y vibrante estilo visual, que potencia las imágenes de sangre y violencia y entrega alguna que otra memorable escena.
½ February 6, 2018
Cinematography/Editing: 5
Age/Originality: 4
Total: 19/25
½ February 2, 2018
Unique for its time, the style was something of a fresh look in film initiated by Zack Snyder. It has plenty of entertaining moments despite the fight choreography resembling a video game, and the look of the film has video game quality of its own. Butler's King Leonidas has a commanding presence as roaring leader, while him and his ultra macho soldiers explore the cultural significance of what its like to be a Spartan soldier, an intriguing element to the narrative.
½ January 22, 2018
You need to understand that this is not a smart movie. In fact, this movie is not only dumb, but also cheesy, over-the-top and unquestionably ridicullous.

That said, it is also 2 hours of non-stop, visually stunning, and above all fun ass-kicking. And sometimes... that's all you can ask for.
December 29, 2017
I've always seen Zack Snyder as someone who relies on visuals as opposed to dialogue to tell his story. Gerard Butler is iconically over the top and so is the action. Say what you want about Zack Snyder but his unique style is on fully display here.

B+
½ December 28, 2017
this movie can be summed up in one word: IDIOTIC. no stars
December 27, 2017
BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!! AWSOME GORE AND SPECIAL EFFECTS!!!!
½ December 22, 2017
This should be a cult classic for gays. I first saw this movie when I was 15, It's soft core, gay fantasy eye candy. With CGI abs included.
½ December 21, 2017
Initially I had no interest in watching this movie at all. When I was 10 years old I watched about the first half hour of the movie and then wandered elsewhere in the house because I thought that it was stupid. So, coming back and watching this movie 7 years later I was extremely surprised by the fact that I actually enjoyed watching this movie. The jokes in the movie actually had me laughing, and the honor that the Greeks possessed had me flabbergasted. The characters were brutal, and the movie was extremely gory, but the fighting was amazing. The first ten minutes of the movie may have been a little slow, but afterwards the movie picked up and never really slowed down again. I was never bored and I would definitely recommend the movie to anyone looking for a good fighting movie, as long as they don't mind watching people lose their heads every ten minutes.
December 21, 2017
Actually I found out that its more accurate than I assumed. Enjoy the violence and realize that many of the battle scenes are just for fun and not what really happened. But the portrayal of Sparta and its warriors is very well done! If you don't like graphic violence don't watch it!
December 21, 2017
good movie it's showed a lot of violence and really brought you into the movie by showing i?t all.
December 21, 2017
I thought this was a good movie and seemed to be pretty accurate. Really got the point across of how life was if you had to be a Spartan Warrior. Great acting and picture looked pretty Amazing. 4/5 stars would recommend if you don't mind bloody action. -Maggie S
December 21, 2017
300 tells the story of the 300 Spartans who defended their homes against the Persian army. The movie is a phenomenal action packed story that sticks pretty close to the actual events. The movie is done in a style similar to a graphic novel which adds high contrast and beautiful slow motion scenes. Overall, the movie is incredibly entertaining and tells a fascinating story.
a very good love story
½ November 28, 2017
Manly men doing manly men things, with manly speeches, and manly men fights. I wonder if the viewers would have liked it as much if the writers actually wrote what they manly men did while they were not fighting. Hey a guy gets lonely out there. For the amazing battles, cinematography, and choreography alone I say check it out...only if you have a big TV that is.
November 21, 2017
A visual feast! Very over the top, I'm a fan of greek history and this isn't the most accurate account of the events leading up to and the battle of Thermopylae, but its a super cool, visual feast with Gerard Butler looking amazing and haming it up to perfection as King Leonidas.
½ November 16, 2017
not for the thinking crowd. it is what it is: total carnage, comic book style hand-to-hand combat. it's kind of cool to see Lena Headey before GOT and Michael Fassbender before X-Men. 300 just doesn't really build to anything.
½ October 25, 2017
More style than substance, but nonetheless a visually exhilarating war epic. The fantasy elements do detract, but there is a strong message for the preservation of culture and identity as well as the threat to it, which makes 300 ever more worthwhile in the current climate. Solid.