40 Pounds of Trouble Reviews

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    Feb 18, 2019

With a solid cast of recognizable character actors, this Little Miss Marker do-over putters along well enough with moving the story from Broadway to the West Coast. A little girl lost melts the heart of a hard guy. Beyond the story though, and just as interesting, there's a look at the United States before the Kennedy assassination, as well as a Keystone Cops chase romp through Disneyland. Fluff, maybe, but its okay.

• Aug 24, 2017

The movie itself is not very good, but the fifteen minutes that take place at Disneyland were neat and allow you to see what the park looked like in its earlier days. The rest of the film aside from that was sadly not worth watching. (First and only viewing - 1/11/2019)

• Oct 16, 2013

Loved the movie and would like to buy it if I could find it.

Loved the movie and would like to buy it if I could find it.

• Jun 14, 2013

Thought it to be a fine movie for the whole family to watch. I enjoyed it

Thought it to be a fine movie for the whole family to watch. I enjoyed it

• Nov 03, 2011

a fantastic tony curtis romp plus a must for all disney park nerds as there is a lot of cinema quality footage of disneyland in the early 60's.

• Oct 04, 2008

This was really cute. Penny is adorable!! I want to go to Disneyland now.

This was really cute. Penny is adorable!! I want to go to Disneyland now.

• Aug 06, 2007

[size=2][size=4][color=deepskyblue]I remember watching this film on TV when I was a kid.[/color][/size] [size=4][color=darkorchid]In the 1990’s I grabbed it the minute it was released on video tape.[/color] [/size] [size=4][color=magenta]Where the heck is the DVD of this for Disney/Disneyland fans?[/color][/size] [size=4][color=lime]The first film at Disneyland.[/color][/size] [size=4][color=plum]Story a simple 1960’s film. I liked Suzanne’s character.[/color][/size] [size=4][color=darkorange]Interesting to see old casinos.[/color][/size] [size=4][color=cyan]Disneyland fan I am seeing the park in color early 1960’s is great. Monorail & Matterhorn. Incorrect shots-getting off the Monorail & they are looking at Sleeping Beauty Castle?[/color] [/size] [size=4][color=pink]Apparently Walt moved it for the film? Ha ha.[/color][/size] [size=4][color=teal]The use of the park I thought was great.[/color] [/size] [size=4][color=sandybrown]Whether you are a Disney fan or not and just looking for a simple, no curse words, no nudity comedy then you can enjoy this film. Films are NOT made like this today, clean cut film.[/color][/size] [size=4][color=darkorchid]Disney/Disneyland fans will truly enjoy seeing the park when it was less than 10 years old & see the differences between now & then.[/color][/size] [/size]