4.3.2.1 Reviews

• Oct 11, 2014

WOW.....WOW....WOW....BAD.....BAD....AWFUL.....MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO SO AD, IT IT SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS AN AWFUL MESS OF A MOVIE........ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROGUHOUT THIS MOVIE, BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, I DID NOT ENJOY THIS MOVIE AT ALL......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE, MAN THIS IS SUCH A REALLY REALLY REALLY BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO BAD.....I DID NOT ENJOY THIS MOVIE AT ALL......

• Aug 18, 2014

gangsta in a way but pretty intense from start to finish

gangsta in a way but pretty intense from start to finish

• Aug 14, 2014

Two guys with a Tarantino/Guy Ritchie fixation make a "girl power" crime thriller. "Girl power" seems to mean young women run around in their underwear a lot. In the world this movie is set in, people think nothing of answering their door without putting clothes on. Not that this is really a bad thing, but the obvious tension between the movie's ambitions and what ended up on the screen is a constant distraction. There's really not much to distract from. The film's moderately entertaining, especially piecing the multiple plot threads together ... but we've seen this dozens and dozens of times when this was all the rage in the 90s, and I don't think we've really missed it that much.

• May 01, 2014

Written and directed by Noel Clarke (Kidulthood (2006) and Adulthood (2008)), this crime thriller owes a lot to Akira Kurosawa's Rashomon (1950), which focused on a crime and it's aftermath from different perspectives. While this is a good thriller, it does fall into the cliches that comes with British crimes films like this. However, it all comes together in the end, sort of. Just don't expect anything sophisticated. It follows the exploits of 4 friends, Shannon (Ophelia Lovibond), Cassandra (Tamsin Egerton), Kerrys (Shanika Warren-Markland) and Joanne (Emma Roberts) and how one encounter with a gang changed 3 days in their individual lives for them. Shannon finds her Mum (Kate Magowan) leaving home for a younger man, and then getting mugged for the contents of a packet of Pringles. Cassandra goes to New York to meet her internet boyfriend and to audition for a college placement. Kerrys ends up locked in a panic room by a gang looking for lost diamonds, while Joanne finds herself working late shifts at her families corner shop. Then the gang arrive. It's got a sense of fun about it, but it is quite dark, especially when it deals with themes like rape and muggings. However, it does have a good cast, with some familiar faces making some appearances, especially during the New York sequence. It set the scene for a sequel, which won't happen due the film flopping.

• Mar 17, 2014

If you seen "Vantage Point" this will be similar to that, but with women on it. This was actually good, the way they presented it was unique and made the movie work. At first it seems like you don't know what's going on but it all falls in place at the end, like I said similar to "Vantage Point" very well done movie with good looking ladies leading the way. So for this being one good thriller packed with good twist in every chapter, I give "4.3.2.1" a B.

• Feb 28, 2014

Was ok, nothing special.

Was ok, nothing special.

• Feb 14, 2014

Cringe-worthy pretentious urban film-making. There's a lot left to the imagination here as realism goes out of the window throughout, and the dialogue is just as cheesy as the majority of scenes.

• Jan 31, 2014

4 1/2 stars! I really enjoyed this film! I liked the way it told the story in 4 different halves and then in the end it all came together! Love Emma Roberts!!!!

• Dec 31, 2013

This sorry attempt at a yoof crime flick is all tricks and flash but ultimately pointless

Gimly M Super Reviewer
    Nov 25, 2013

Noel Clarke ("creative mind" behind Kidulthood, Adulthood, Storage 24 and The Knot, but probably best known to Tumblr as Mickey Smith from Doctor Who) brought out 4.3.2.1 in 2010. For the most part it revolves around four young women who are inexplicably swept up in a jewell-heist gone wrong. Critics for the most part panned 4.3.2.1, but I enjoyed it. Maybe it's just a weakness for British Gangster films, but I honestly thought it was quite good. It's hardly Guy Ritchie-esque in its complexity, but it does fit into the "worth watching" category. No one actor is really given a chance to stand out, although Noel Clarke did imposing very well (compared to Mickey SMith at least). There's a couple of slight challenges to some pretty standard sexist tropes, but it essentially slots into a rather stereotypical female-led action movie, with a lot of Skins thrown into the actual plot. The split story-lines may not be completely original, but at least it's not worn out, and they're done in a capable way. 68% -Gimly