A Cure For Wellness Reviews

• Nov 01, 2019

Two and a half hours of my life I can never r get back. My wife and I saw it at the theater, three times I got up to leave, thinking it was over, seemed like it would never end.

• Sep 26, 2019

I love this movie. I believe this is one of the best suspenseful movies. The sound, the way its shot is amazing. Watch this movie late at night in dark, with surround sound and It will terrify you! It has some of the most disturbing and unsettling movie scenes I have ever scene. I believe you wont be disappointed.

• Sep 20, 2019

A young executive is sent to a wellness centre in Switzerland to retrieve the CEO of the company which now might be in trouble. The executive, known as Lockhart thinks it will be a quick job and will soon be on a flight home. However, he soon finds that completing his mission might be a little trickier than first imagined as the cast of eccentric characters inhabiting the wellness centre keep his target hidden and warn him of strange goings on and hidden dangers which he soon discovers for himself after an accident leaves him recuperating in one of their hospital rooms. This was a strange film and certainly unique, I don't remember seeing anything else quite like this in recent years. It held the mystery together pretty well throughout because what occurs at the end of the movie is complete madness, it decends into gothic horror that no one saw coming. The film itself looks beautiful and it's fairly well acted, I just wasn't sure the ending fitted in with the rest of the movie. It;s one of those films I left feeling very unsure about, not sure if i liked it or not.

• Aug 17, 2019

A very nonsensical movie, but there's always something interesting happening. I had a fun time watching it.

• Aug 17, 2019

This movie could double its score % by cutting 45 minutes out, take DeHaan's clothes off a bit, and putting it into German couldn't hurt.

• Jul 19, 2019

I guess this movie is not for everyone. I love the setting, the story, the shots were just magnificent. It can be watched just for the visual pleasure you are gonna get. Creepy yes but masterful creepy, the kind of creepy you would like to see.

• Jun 05, 2019

This was ridiculously too long with multiple "fake endings" like Return of the King almost. Would've worked better as an hour long Twilight Zone episode perhaps, but yeah.. way too long. It's not horrible, there's some pretty icky shit going on in this movie, but overall this is a miss.

• May 12, 2019

Brilliantly acted. The storyline is thrilling and has a mystical touch that keeps you on your toes throughout the story. The scenery in the castle, the sanatorium, is amazing.

• May 11, 2019

A Cure For Wellness is visually captivating with a story that is initially intriguing but ultimately so many ideas are left floating in the water and our thirst is never quite quenched. You begin the film anticipating an interesting and altogether morbid look into the notion of "wellness" but the story laboriously unravels into a predictable gothic horror romp and it takes two and a half hours to get there.

• May 01, 2019

Stunning visuals, magnificient direction and breathtaking shots, combined with chilling sound design. All of those are wasted in a script and plot that at first work but that half way through the movie begins to fall apart.