About a Boy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

About a Boy Reviews

June 30, 2017
second fave comedy ever "i am an island, im fucking Ibiza" classic
jamrcla
½ June 17, 2017
Hugh Grant can only act one way but for some strange reason I do enjoy his films and even though his films aren't amazing they are easy to watch and About A Boy is the same with a nice little plot, Some good English comedy thrown in, It's pretty good and clever.
May 2, 2017
Odd themes but funny. Ultimately man cannot be man without having obligations to others
March 9, 2017
I've read this is a movie worth seeing, so I think I will do just that.
February 12, 2017
About a Boy is disfunctional, but very hilarious and its screenplay is written with wit and weight which makes Hugh Grant soar as an actor.
January 30, 2017
About a Boy is a wonderful story about a boy who has had problems in school, and begins to play the role convincingly cast as Hugh Grant's loafer children.
After the mother's attempted suicide begins presented by Nicholas Houltin Marcus-son toss with Grant.
The plot runs like clockwork, and it makes the movie good. One of the best British films that I have seen.
½ December 31, 2016
Only 1 scene is funny but the rest is just a bore.
December 8, 2016
Well made and entertaining. A good story and well enacted, detected and edited
½ December 6, 2016
A typical Hugh Grant movie that continues to work even 15 years on. The pre-smartphone era was decidedly less busy socially! There were more times for human connections and also for exciting dashes to the venues to prevent calamities rather than instruct over the social network...
November 30, 2016
85%
Saw this on 30/11/16
About a boy is a comedy that doesn't work according to the well worn formulas and hence it does not tire the viewer out. The entire cast lead by Hugh Grant is good and this is one of those few comedies that I least regret watching. Movies of this nature are not made nowadays.
November 19, 2016
A product of it's time, but About A Boy does deliver good performances and tries to be different unlike the usual chick-flick
September 25, 2016
You don't really care for the self-absorbed character Hugh Grant presents, but it's Hoults persistent character that helps him to care just a little for someone other than himself. Perfect soundtrack as well thanks too Badly Drawn Boy.
September 17, 2016
I think I killed the duck...
August 28, 2016
I can watch this movie a thousand times.. perfect
August 21, 2016
So funny and beautiful!
½ August 12, 2016
I was really intrigued while watching this movie. It really surprised me and I thought it was full of heart. This movie really made me like Hugh Grant as well.
August 9, 2016
About a Boy may be predictable and safe, but it compensates with enough funny, touching and sweet moments and features a mesmerizing performance from Hugh Grant.
June 28, 2016
Excellent movie. Touching and heart warming.
June 23, 2016
Great acting, directing and writing.
June 10, 2016
I didn't see all of it, but what I saw was decent.