About a Boy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

About a Boy Reviews

December 8, 2016
Well made and entertaining. A good story and well enacted, detected and edited
½ December 6, 2016
A typical Hugh Grant movie that continues to work even 15 years on. The pre-smartphone era was decidedly less busy socially! There were more times for human connections and also for exciting dashes to the venues to prevent calamities rather than instruct over the social network...
November 30, 2016
85%
Saw this on 30/11/16
About a boy is a comedy that doesn't work according to the well worn formulas and hence it does not tire the viewer out. The entire cast lead by Hugh Grant is good and this is one of those few comedies that I least regret watching. Movies of this nature are not made nowadays.
November 19, 2016
A product of it's time, but About A Boy does deliver good performances and tries to be different unlike the usual chick-flick
September 25, 2016
You don't really care for the self-absorbed character Hugh Grant presents, but it's Hoults persistent character that helps him to care just a little for someone other than himself. Perfect soundtrack as well thanks too Badly Drawn Boy.
September 17, 2016
I think I killed the duck...
August 28, 2016
I can watch this movie a thousand times.. perfect
August 21, 2016
So funny and beautiful!
½ August 12, 2016
I was really intrigued while watching this movie. It really surprised me and I thought it was full of heart. This movie really made me like Hugh Grant as well.
August 9, 2016
About a Boy may be predictable and safe, but it compensates with enough funny, touching and sweet moments and features a mesmerizing performance from Hugh Grant.
June 28, 2016
Excellent movie. Touching and heart warming.
June 23, 2016
Great acting, directing and writing.
June 10, 2016
I didn't see all of it, but what I saw was decent.
May 31, 2016
Excellent film seen it many times
May 31, 2016
This film is funny if your British.
½ May 27, 2016
"About a Boy" overcomes predictability with sentimentality, wit, and sincerity.
May 18, 2016
This One Is Okay But I Find It One Of Hugh Grants "Annoying" Movies..It Gets Boring After A While & I Found The Kid & Him Should Just Get It On Already! So Much Of Their Time Is Spent Sizing Each Other Up, So It Loses The Gist Of 'No Man Is An Island' Thing..
May 15, 2016
Even though it's Hugh Grant (again)
May 3, 2016
Carried by some very natural performances.
April 19, 2016
Island living until you realize that if you live alone, on an island... It's not living at all.