Albert Fish Reviews

• Oct 06, 2016

Learned a few things about Albert Fish BUT the reenactments were horribly done and very cheaply done.

• Jun 20, 2012

Not for the squeamish.

Not for the squeamish.

• Feb 25, 2012

With the same production value of any A&E Biography on any number of famous persons I was expecting a certain something. But the individual (Albert Fish) this is centered around is not likely to be spotlighted by any television station. That's because he is one of the sickest, evil, vile, despicable humans I've never heard of. If I were to write the things he did to children, I might get arrested. Hell, I might be just for watching it. But that's what made this movie/documentary so good. Very dark, told with a chilling narrator who was able to take a first person perspective and give the gruesome details without flinching. I thought to myself, "They should make a live action movie of this!". But then I realized, you wouldn't be able to show ANY of the stuff Albert did. Weird but entertaining.

• Jan 21, 2012

Sucks. Half the thing is filler in the form of silent actors with cheap wardrobe "reenacting" dulll events that have nothing to do with the case files (I imagine) such as Fish painting a wall (his profession was painting) as the narration slowly repeats information you (me) have already heard. Seems like there was a bare amount of factual account available so they fluffed it up heavy.

• Sep 08, 2011

interesting but reenactment were lame and theirs a big lack of pictures and video of him

• Jul 03, 2011

As confused as I am about whether I think this docudrama is good or bad, I simply can't stop watching it because, for 1, Fish is one of my all time favorite killers, and for 2, the guy that does Fish's voice overs are hilarious. If you're looking for something good to watch while drinking with a few friends, this is probably it, because as horrible as this man was, this docudrama couldn't make me stop giggling.

• May 18, 2011

Most of this played like a Power Point presentation except with frequent cuts to a man dressed like Albert Fish, spanking some guy's ass.

• May 05, 2011

This is an incredible account and true story of a serial killer and a cannibal who lured kids to their deaths during the late 1920's and 1930's. As I watched this documentary, I just could not believe how this man killed many kids and cut them up to cook the body parts which he made with other ingredients- basically a stew. He even sent a letter to the mother of one of his victims telling how "it took him nine days to eat her completely and that she died a virgin"..More shocking is that Albert Fish was married with several kids and one good day his wife left him for another man. The kids remained with him. They had no idea he was a cannibal, a killer and possibly a homosexual...True story! The interviews with Joe Coleman who currently owns the letter that Albert Fish sent to the victim's mother was interesting and more insightful was the revelations by Dr. Ramsland (true-crime author). This documentary is NOT for the masses although it does not show any gruesome photos at all but the narration of how he lured the kids, then killed them and he goes in detail about how he cooked them..He got away with the killing spree for so long because who is going to doubt a mild mannered old man? For those that are intrigued and fascinated by serial killers, then you may find this one very revealing. Recommended!

• Feb 27, 2011

Albert Fish was arrested in the 1930s for murdering and eating a young girl after taking her from her home under the pretense of taking her to a niece's party. He later was blamed for numerous child abuses and murders, which according to this film her perpetrated in order to fulfill his sick sadistic fantasies which were related to his interpretation of the Bible. The film does not dispute the fact that Fish was a very sick man. But it seems a little too willing to stage reenactments of his lesser depravities, including whipping a teenage boy and self-flagellation. Fish's interpretation of scripture and his possible need to save these children from the depravity of sex and adulthood by making them martyrs is an interesting theory that the director is more than happy to hit the audience over the head with over and over. The effect of the film is to not only explain Fish's compulsions but to humanize him and attempt to lay the blame on society and religion instead of the man himself. Among the reenactments and still photographs are interspersed interviews with "performance artist" Joe Coleman and an author who attempts to present the psychological reasoning behind Fish's acts. The author comes of flat and Joe, who owns Fish's original confession letter to his last victim's mother (and has no qualms about the fact that he basically stole it), argues that "society gets the serial killers it deserves." His admiration for Fish is obvious and perhaps a little over-the top: I felt like the entire interview was a performance piece. I feel like I need a shower after watching this.

• Oct 22, 2010

It takes someone truly talentless to make documentaries this unwatchable. I'd rather dine with Fish than sit through five minutes of this ineptly made crap.