Alien: Covenant - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alien: Covenant Reviews

March 17, 2018
Me pareció genial, acción, terror y drama que te tiene pegado a la pantalla.
½ March 17, 2018
I don't think you could find a more incompetent reckless crew to lead your colony mission LOL I was rooting for them all to die for their own stupidity.
½ March 17, 2018
Not a patch on the original Prometheus. Unfortunately the sequel just seems to have taken the franchise back down the path to oblivion by resorting to lowest common denominator gory death appeal. Stopped watching half way through from boredom, which, given some of the naff aliens films that have come out over the past 10 years that I've sat through, really says something.
March 17, 2018
This move really deserves a better rating than what it has at the time I'm writing this (which is 86) It really is a pretty good movie and I do like where Scott is taking the series, where the A.I. is the true enemy and the alien is just the weapon they use. The only thing that makes me mad about this movie is that it leaves only 20 years for the Aliens we know and love to get from LV223 to LV426. Come on, Scott! Get us to LV426! For the love of God, don't turn this into "Star Wars", where the prequels ended up being worse than the originals. Don't get me wrong, I'm one of the few people that liked the prequels, but I also understand that they were far inferior. Don't make "Alien", "Star Wars".
March 17, 2018
As a visual spectacle alone Covenant is superb, however the problem arises when the plot begins to unfold. As a statement of how the xenomorph came to exist it's cheap and very easy. With very predictable ending twists and even more irritating story lines. As a film that follows the mission of the Prometheus to discover mankind's creators, to then completely discard this element of story and go a different way feels disappointing and slightly lazy.
One of the best looking, but structurally and contentually weakest entries into the Alien franchise and a disappointment to most cinema goers.
½ March 14, 2018
Didn't really care for this film quite honestly. To me, this just felt like another Alien movie. Nothing that new or that interesting I felt was really being presented to us in this film. It doesn't take this series in a different direction but if you just don't care and want to see the aliens again, I guess then you'll probably like it. Me though, this wasn't a very memorable film.
March 14, 2018
Thought it was awesome. It's a Hollywood blockbuster; don't expect to have your mind blown. Just enjoy the ride.
March 12, 2018
Alien Covenant makes Interstellar look like a Disney kids' movie by bringing up satisfyingly fresh pop-up scares without holding back but instead doubling on bloody gore and violence and with a better emphasis on acting and character development is very much an improvement over Prometheus even if it can't match the 1979 original or the sequel.
½ March 12, 2018
In case you're wondering from the trailers alone, no, Alien: Covenant is not an action movie. It has gunplay and an explosion and ups the gore in comparison to prometheus but an action movie it is not. Alien: Covenant is an incredibly underwhelming movie. While there are worse movies in the franchise than this one, I expected better from the franchise's own father. I liked Prometheus, I really did. While I wouldn't go as far as call this movie bad let alone horrible, this movie wasn't really engaging. Instead of picking up from where the last movie left off, they instead say Noomi Rapace is dead, sorry about that. The script is a bit laughable at times as well. "I'll do the fingering", anyone? People cry about being widowed in the movie...and then immediately forget about it. Earn your paycheck, Franco. And special mention has to go to the CGI xenomorphs and neomorphs. While the rendering by itself isn't that bad, it's the movements that make it insulting to fans of the franchise due to how it moves about in a glitchy manner. Even Resurrection and the AvP movies had better effects than this one and the latter mostly has CGI that isn't exactly smooth. However, I'm not going to just crucify this movie and claim "You should hate it too". It still has a good movie in it somewhere and is the reason why it has 2.5 stars. first off, Michael Fassbender talking to himself. Need I say more? His dual role is by far the best thing in this entire movie especially when the "brothers" are in the same scene together. The visuals. Like Prometheus, the movie still has beautiful imagery with the DP being the true hero of those scenes. Give Katherine Waterston credit for her performance reminiscent of Ripley. While not action-packed, whenver there is action, it's actually not that bad especially when David and Walter fight each other. Ok, fine, it's not really that awesome but kudos to Fassbender for training to beat the crap out of Fassbender. They could've just had a stunt-double any time neither one's face was visible...but they didn't. The ending wasn't exactly unexpected but here's the's not meant to be a twist. We're meant to be suspicious and unsure. I'm only being vague since even making the smallest implication of what the twist is will be spoileriffic. Alien: Covenant isn't thrilling but in the end, I still think it's worth checking out.
March 11, 2018
I hated this movie. I liked Prometheus but it left a lot of unanswered questions so I was really excited for this movie. And then I saw it and it just crapped all over the Prometheus storyline and became a very generic movie.
½ March 10, 2018
Good, except they went a little too far with the complexity of the story, especially when this was a prequel, and when the sequel films were much simpler. Adding complexity to a simple but loved franchise, when these elements didn't exist before, and elements that did weren't even mentioned, just didn't sit well with me, even if the movie wasn't THAT bad. Still, I feel like I myself could've written a better sequel. It seems like whoever did had no knowledge of the Aliens franchise, or at least don't bother to tie any of it into this film. It's OK, but only if you don't know anything about the Aliens franchise.
½ March 8, 2018
uninspired, laughable at times, and just rather unengaging for a film in the alien franchise. Still, it has some cool set designs and did some decent pacing.
March 8, 2018
After the failure of Prometheus, I didn't expect this film to actually be worse! My lord, this film was pitiful in every way! It was like a cheap slasher flick with an Alien theme and veneer. Totally lame character motivations, asinine situations and some terrible CG effects to boot. All in all, it's a blending remake of Alien and Aliens with a dash of Prometheus thrown into the mix. The last 15 minutes or so are like a CliffNotes version of the original Alien. Just Awful all around IMO. Ridley has really lost his touch big time.
March 7, 2018
I liked this movie but i was disapointed that they did a lot of the same things that you see in a lot of teenage horror movies like "their's a scary monster, let's split up" or "Let's follow the creepy guy into the drak basement". I have a theory that earth wants to get rid of all the stupid people by sending them off to another part of the galaxy.
March 6, 2018
The movie is above average when it comes to effects. excellent acting, directing, and photography. there is one thing that brings the movie down; the writier horrbible plot with plantey of holes and counter logic actions of charictors
½ March 5, 2018
Had very low expectations, but this movie was so dumb i was disappointed nonetheless.
March 4, 2018
This movie seems like it should have been the second half of Prometheus (as it helped to make some sense of Prometheus). On its own, it is a good enough Alien movie. It seems to be half exposition and half action movie, but it doesn't do either in a particularly memorable way. Worth seeing if you are a fan of the franchise.
½ March 4, 2018
I thought the production values and acting standards were good and it not inaccurate to say some things were visually dazzling. But the story line is old and tired. Do they have to blend the original ALIEN movie now into every science fiction movie about outer space? Can't they invent another monster? I look for originality in art and modern film just seems to keep repeating itself. Even when they try not to be redundant,they still are. This movie doesn't add anything stimulating or even faintly original to the Science Fiction Genre. It's same old, same old. I had read nothing about the movie and with in minutes of the opening I knew this was a sequel to Prometheus. They really didn't need a sequel to that movie. I understand a sequel to Covenant was in the works and was shelved. Watch this movie and you'll know why. Watch it when really nothing else vaguely interesting is on.
½ March 2, 2018
I like Fassbender, he is a great actor. I wish he was in better movies lately.
February 24, 2018
I wasn't expecting it to be as good as the other alien movies with kick-ass Sigourney Weaver, but this was very disappointing, especially the scene where an obviously infected crew member was growing things out of his back and splattering blood while another officer was tripping and falling repeatedly over his spilled blood before getting herself killed. Too much attention was given to the insane humanoid who thought of himself as god, and thete were too many plot holes throughout the movie that felt like they were trying too hard but fell short. The special effects were good, though but couldn't save the movie.