All These Sleepless Nights Reviews

• May 14, 2019

This is a very Polish film. It's sort of a documentary, but not. Very clever and interesting, it reminds me how being young, single and 20something was the best and the worst.

• Dec 17, 2017

What drew me into this film was how experimental it was. The film feels directionless, as do the characters that occupy its "story" -- they're wandering, uncertain souls. They're looking for something, but for what? The film has an almost dream-like quality to it, liberating in a way. It's wonderfully acted, but strange. I wasn't quite sure what to think of it by the end of my viewing. I liked that it took risks, yet I felt that the lack of direction of the plot left me lost much of the time. But perhaps that is the joy of this film -- to be lost and wandering and confused and searching for purpose. For that, I will say this film succeeds at what it sets out to do.

• Dec 05, 2017

A very gorgoues art-house documentary.

A very gorgoues art-house documentary.

• Sep 18, 2017

Fun to watch, energetic and a little bit inspiring to live :)

Fun to watch, energetic and a little bit inspiring to live :)

• Mar 11, 2017

I left the cinema and the colours around me were more vibrant, and everything I heard was sharper. This is the effect that All These Sleepless Nights had on me. It brings the viewers on a natural journey through a year in the nocturnal life of the protagonist, through boldly elegant cinematography and an ebbing soundtrack. It's not a conventional narrative, which I loved. You just get lots of beautiful, candid moments, conversations and snippets of his life. This film is something very real and special, it's one that makes you live in it.

• Nov 18, 2016

Exceptional filmmaking. Director and cinematographer Michal Marczak truly knows how to captivate an audience from beginning till end. Been walking with my head in the clouds since I watched it yesterday night. Reminded me again of how great life can be.