Allied - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Allied Reviews

March 30, 2019
Playing like an extended French & Saunders sketch, Robert Zemeckis' well-intentioned but ludicrous WW2 spy drama is stuffed (deliberately?) with clichà (C)s, loud explosions, mumbling and some very grand acting in the smaller parts. Brad Pitt reprises his Inglorious Basterd, and Marion Cotillard is almost entirely incomprehensible even when occasionally audible. Enjoyably hokey.
February 9, 2019
This was an absolute piece of shit movie. The premise was enticing. The costumes were beautiful. The acting was superbly bad. It was a quintessential "Brad Pitt" '90s movie but completely over acted. I couldnt tell if it was supposed to be this cliche or if it was unintentionally terrible.
½ January 5, 2019
This movie proves that using a famous director, big stars and no doubt a big budget doesn't guarantee a good movie. Ludicrous plot with ludicrous and thoroughly cringe-worthy final scenes. Netflix, please spend your budget more wisely. Leaden performances from Brad Pitt and some others (Cotillard tries her best, bless her), and the script deteriorates along with the acting in an abject denouement.
December 27, 2018
The story of the movie was original, I liked it a lot. It's worth watching the movie on boxxy software. recommend.
December 9, 2018
Had early promise but actually turned out to be what a spy movie would be if it were crossed with a soap opera. Lots of unrealistic scenes, I mean lots. But at least the cinematography and costume were fascinating.
December 3, 2018
I loved this movie. I thought the acting was brilliant, the story fascinating and the filming beautifully done. It is a movie I won't soon forget.
½ December 3, 2018
Decent war film and different to most. Worth a watch. 6.2 is a bit harsh, closer to 7 I'd say
November 17, 2018
Not anybody's best or worst, a movie good enough to kill time on a day's off.
November 16, 2018
Very Mr and Mrs Smith-esk, but still enjoyable
November 16, 2018
Allied es una gran obra que te sorprenderá ,a grandes rasgos se presenta como una idea inflada y un poco trillada ,Cuando la gran puesta en escena inicia se genera un drama bastante profundo,este film de Robert Zemeckis mantendrá tension que te ara doblegar el pensamiento de cada personaje ,este film es una de las mejores ejecuciones de los últimos años en las cintas de amor clásico y de espias.
November 11, 2018
It's wartime. Passions run high and the intensity of living in the moment makes you rash and impetuous. You can get laid if you carry chewing gum and a pair of nylon tights. How can Cotilliard not fall madly in love with Pitt? How can Pitt not fall madly in love with Cotilliard? Jesus, I could fall in love with Pitt on a council house roof in Smethwick in peacetime in October, never mind on a shared wartime derring-do under the stars in the Casablanca heat, and I'm straight. I think I might already love Cotilliard. But it's all so lifeless. Such a lack of chemistry between these two leads can only be explained off screen, surely? It looks sumptuous, but it feels staged and contrived. Some good moments, but it's basically style over substance. It might have helped a bit had it not begged comparisons with Casablanca, but it seems to go out of it's way and ask for them to it's inevitable detriment. It's not that you can't reimagine wartime romance in the desert, just that The English Patient did this kind of thing so much better.
½ October 9, 2018
Great performances and a solid story that is filled with suspense
October 2, 2018
Allied is an excellent film. It is about a Canadian intelligence officer in North Africa who encounters a female French Resistance fighter on a deadly mission behind enemy lines in 1942. Brad Pitt and Marion Cotillard give amazing performances. The script is well written. Robert Zemickis did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the drama and romance. Allied is a must see.
September 14, 2018
Such a good film packed with action-adventure, romance, & thrill. Allied is based on the journey of two people during WW2 who are working on the same mission together & fall in love leading to their marriage. Thing's eventually go heart-breakingly bad but none the less you must watch this great film.
½ August 26, 2018
Very well made, beautiful imagery, great acting (apart from Max's tears as he sits by the plane at the end, and some other cast members, eg.his sister), great connection between cast members, and a great story line. I can appreciate the staging must be so difficult for a film set in the past like this one, but sometimes I found myself distracted by the small detailing of the sets which is the only reason I have not given it the 5-star rating. Overall, I really enjoyed it. Very moving.
August 15, 2018
Badly executed visual effects keep pulling you out of the plot.
July 8, 2018
Good movie quality good actress bad ending
May 23, 2018
Allied is a 2016 war film directed by Robert Zemeckis.
I enjoyed this 2016 romantic thriller directed by Robert Zemeckis. Featuring solid performances and pleasing period settings, this film had me hooked from the start. The numerous twists and revelations along the way kept me wondering what the final outcome would be.
April 17, 2018
The negative critic and audience reviews are perhaps a result of unrealistically high expectations. The cinematography, soundtrack, and set pieces all work to set a beautiful backdrop for an incredibly well casted group of actors and actresses. Although some elements of Casablanca were clearly rehashed, this movie is its own and adds to the wide array of WWII movies in a positive manner. Cotillard is her usual stunning self whereas Pitt displays a solemn but encapsulating display of great acting. Brad Pitt's improved acting throughout his career is severely underrated and the relationship between the two clearly has the chemistry many say it does not have. It is possible that in an age of crazy plot twists and overly ambitious world building, many viewers were simply not in the ride mindset to see a more simpler plot play out. This is one of Zemeckis's best works.