Amélie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Oijoi, tää elokuva jaksaa aina vaan viehättää!! <3
½ January 5, 2017
Super cute, and French Chic. Audrey Tautou is super charming
½ January 2, 2017
Un chef d'oeuvre visuel. Un des plus extraordinaires « feel good movie » à avoir été filmé. C'est chaque fois un délice. Puis la musique de Thiersen... Wow!
January 1, 2017
Amelie may very well be the most feel good movie of all time.
December 27, 2016
A great sound track too.
½ December 2, 2016
Ce film est très amusant. C'est très français comme Paris, Je t'aime.
Il y a beaucoup de music parisien. Amélie apprend au sujet de elle-même
et les rôles de ses gens dans sa vie. Elle tombe amoureuse avec un
homme et la monde. C'est un mignon film qui donne l'audience un heureux
sentiment à la fin.
½ November 29, 2016
cute quirky movie, hard to follow because it was a foreign movie.
November 15, 2016
One of the best films that I have ever seen. Even though I haven't watched it for 4 years, (I watched it twice in cinema in 2001) Amelie stays on my mind forever. Finally, I bought the DVD! (Jun 2, 2005)
November 12, 2016
Quirky is the best word to describe this movie. It oozes so much quirk that Wes Anderson's films start to seem totally ordinary. On top of that, it's very charming, but ultimately not very memorable. Its 'Slice of Life' structure was a lot of fun to watch, but I don't find myself recalling any particular vignettes or relating to any of the characters on a level that I can with other similar types of movies. I still enjoyed it, but I probably won't come back.
½ November 12, 2016
Amelie [Jeunet, 2001] Uniquely crafted tour de force. So distinct, it won't be forgotten. 9/10
½ November 1, 2016
I'd seen several Jeunet features and was impressed overall, though I found City of Lost Children a tad uninspiring and Micmacs frivolous. This story is perfectly suited to his unique style. Tatou is utterly charming and the characters make sense, at least to me.
October 25, 2016
Bizarre, funny, with a bit of heart. It seems if you asked a normal person what a foreign film, especially a French one, looked and felt like, they would describe this movie. It has so many quirky little touches that make it good, but it can be distractive and a bit weird for many film goers. Definitely worth the watch, especially if you are fan of someone like Wes Anderson, but could be a bit too bizarre for a percent of the film going audience.
½ October 25, 2016
One of the worst movies I've ever seen. The plot lacks structure and never goes anywhere, and the characters aren't likeable. Some parts of it make no sense either! The way it's filmed and edited just didn't work for me either. Truly atrocious, sad is rated so
highly for being kinda artsy
September 18, 2016
'Amelie' will unveil the biggest charm in you.
½ September 15, 2016
Amelie is a sweet and charming film that may be a little too cutesy and serendipitous at times, but a memorable and well-crafted film that deserves it accolades and not it's R rating.
September 11, 2016
Finally after quite some time I have finally watched Amelie. A very quirky film about a young lady named Amelie (Audrey Tautou) who is a bit lonely. She has a very big imagination, but she ultimately fears expressing herself too much. After discovering a box of hidden toys in her bathroom she goes on a mission which eventually leads to her interacting with several different people and her deciding upon herself to "fix" peoples issues. From having two restaurant regulars fall in love, to helping a young man get respect from his boss Amelie has all the tools to help and do some more. She eventually runs into a young man named Nino (Mathieu Kassovitz) who much like her is a loner and longing for a bit more. Will Amelie get past her own insecurities and realize that perhaps Nino is the match she's been waiting for? The movie is shot very well and I enjoyed the acting. It has a nice story to it all and there are a lot of great moments that show Amelie's overactive imagination. It's a very well done film and I recommend giving it a look i you've never checked it out!
½ September 7, 2016
Week36
Amelie(2001)
Amelie is a break through french movie, talking about a waitress with screw up life is trying to find her love. The movie has innovative way of filming. Screens combines motions and steal. Audio is also outstanding. Audio can totally percent this girl's imaginary world. Finally, Amelie use her kindness to win her love of the life, help her father to get out of the house, help old painter and cafe shop owner to move on to their future life.
September 6, 2016
it is magical , enjoyable , mesmerising . I love it
September 5, 2016
A funny story about a quirky, endearing woman.