Amélie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Amélie Reviews

½ February 22, 2017
Beautiful cinematography, strong characters and a charming performance from Audrey Tautou.
February 11, 2017
my favorite french movie!
½ February 11, 2017
Amélie is a feel good movie. After watching you want to go around helping everyone you can. The directing and acting are all really good in this movie. The score is amazing and just puts you in France. A really solid movie.
February 7, 2017
Quirky French romantic comedy at its best. Amélie (Tautou) is a shy waitress who works at a Montmartre café. After returning a long-lost childhood treasure to a former occupant of her apartment, and seeing the effect it has on him, she decides to set out on a mission to make others happy and in the meantime pursues a quirky guy who collects discarded photo booth pictures.
½ February 5, 2017
A bizarre French film with subtitles. I didn't find the characters to be likable, and it was surprisingly perverted. The whole thing was really annoying. (First and only viewing - 5/28/2013)
½ February 3, 2017
Wish the tone kept up the pace from the beginning. Liked the universe and characters, but I wasn't so interested in the plot.
January 25, 2017
One of my favourite films ever. All the times it happened to watch it I always found something I didn't remember or noticed. And if you ask me why I like it so much I really can't tell. Maybe because in the end is just a modern tale.
½ January 18, 2017
Overall Rating 7.7/10
January 13, 2017
Oijoi, tää elokuva jaksaa aina vaan viehättää!! <3
½ January 5, 2017
Super cute, and French Chic. Audrey Tautou is super charming
½ January 2, 2017
Un chef d'oeuvre visuel. Un des plus extraordinaires « feel good movie » à avoir été filmé. C'est chaque fois un délice. Puis la musique de Thiersen... Wow!
January 1, 2017
Amelie may very well be the most feel good movie of all time.
December 27, 2016
A great sound track too.
½ December 2, 2016
Ce film est très amusant. C'est très français comme Paris, Je t'aime.
Il y a beaucoup de music parisien. Amélie apprend au sujet de elle-même
et les rôles de ses gens dans sa vie. Elle tombe amoureuse avec un
homme et la monde. C'est un mignon film qui donne l'audience un heureux
sentiment à la fin.
½ November 29, 2016
cute quirky movie, hard to follow because it was a foreign movie.
November 15, 2016
One of the best films that I have ever seen. Even though I haven't watched it for 4 years, (I watched it twice in cinema in 2001) Amelie stays on my mind forever. Finally, I bought the DVD! (Jun 2, 2005)
November 12, 2016
Quirky is the best word to describe this movie. It oozes so much quirk that Wes Anderson's films start to seem totally ordinary. On top of that, it's very charming, but ultimately not very memorable. Its 'Slice of Life' structure was a lot of fun to watch, but I don't find myself recalling any particular vignettes or relating to any of the characters on a level that I can with other similar types of movies. I still enjoyed it, but I probably won't come back.
½ November 12, 2016
Amelie [Jeunet, 2001] Uniquely crafted tour de force. So distinct, it won't be forgotten. 9/10
½ November 1, 2016
I'd seen several Jeunet features and was impressed overall, though I found City of Lost Children a tad uninspiring and Micmacs frivolous. This story is perfectly suited to his unique style. Tatou is utterly charming and the characters make sense, at least to me.
October 25, 2016
Bizarre, funny, with a bit of heart. It seems if you asked a normal person what a foreign film, especially a French one, looked and felt like, they would describe this movie. It has so many quirky little touches that make it good, but it can be distractive and a bit weird for many film goers. Definitely worth the watch, especially if you are fan of someone like Wes Anderson, but could be a bit too bizarre for a percent of the film going audience.