Amélie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Amélie Reviews

March 6, 2018
It's silly and it makes me mad. I just hate it!
February 24, 2018
Actions speak louder than words and a man who knows proverbs cannot be all bad. This is a happy, beautiful and uplifting film about one woman who makes life better through thoughtful and intricate actions. It also reminds us that life's beauties are often the most simplest things and it is worth it to appreciate them. It's a shame travelocity stole the gnome idea. 1001 movies to see before you die.
February 8, 2018
Interesting, a little weird, full of life. I've heard of good and bad about this movie, but I really love its presentation of a pure heart.
January 29, 2018
Still one of the most beautiful and heartwarming and pure films I've ever seen.
January 17, 2018
I have my personal war going on with french movies.... but it's bloody difficult not to like this one. Lovely work with an amazing OST.
January 16, 2018
It was an ok film, I lost interest about half way and didn't really understand what was happening. Don't know how it was voted in Empires top 100 films ever?just not my sort of thing
January 6, 2018
I guess this is just a movie that isn't my cup of tea. French, artsy, silly, and massively overhyped, in my opinion.
½ January 5, 2018
Charming and has quite a few moments of great humor.
December 28, 2017
Great piece of art! So many emotions
½ December 23, 2017

[Jean-Pierre Jeunet]
½ December 19, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.5

Estética visual imponente y remarcable dirección. Una historia divertida, filosófica e intensa, con peculiares personajes, que convierten a Amélie una entrañable película.
December 8, 2017
Beautifully filmed, inspiring and novel piece of French cinema. The humor doesn't always work tho, and while it remains cute, the rest of the characters are largely one-dimensional.
"Amélie Poulain: She doesn't relate to other people. She was always a lonely child."
December 5, 2017
An incredibly fun and moving masterpiece.
December 1, 2017
Definitely among the finest foreign films of modern time.
November 13, 2017
One of my favourite movies, I could watch it on repeat. The story is well paced, the director does an amazing job executing the film, wonderful music. This movie is unique and strange but at the same time it's your typical rom-com movie. If you haven't watched it you definitely should.
November 9, 2017
Famosissimo film francese che non avevo ancora avuto occasione di guardare ed analizzare. Visivamente il film è semplicemente incredibile, con fotografia e tecniche di ripresa davvero moderne ed originali. Lo stile complessivo del film mi ricorda molto quello che in futuro userà Wes Anderson per i suoi film, soprattutto per l'umorismo pungente e inusuale che pervade lungo tutta la sua durata. Il film offre un sacco di spunti su cui pensare, alcuni più leggeri e spensierati, altri invece più profondi e filosofici, che toccano temi molto seri e difficili da trattare. Questa per me è stata una lama a doppio taglio: sono state toccate numerose tematiche in modo piuttosto superficiale, senza scavare troppo a fondo nelle vicende che ci vengono proposte. Era come se mancasse un filo conduttore che unisse le varie storie, mancando in parte il coinvolgimento emotivo che si poteva creare con un'idea di base più concreta e lineare. Nel complesso il film resta comunque molto valido, e le mie più che critiche rimangono semplicemente gusti personali.
October 25, 2017
I find nothing to be wrong this. Everything is outstanding, especially the color palette, cinematography, score, and especially the performance from the amazing and beautiful girl, Audrey Tautou! Really, there's nothing wrong with this. I love finally seeing one of the biggest things that Pushing Daisies was inspired by! By the way, if you're a fan of either that or this, and haven't seen that or this, you should check out that or this!
October 7, 2017
Amélie contributes to the world of love stories, a desperate wad of quirkiness that is both fresh and vulnerable at the same time.
September 5, 2017
If you can let go of skepticism and let Amelie sweep you along, she can renew your belief in love, kindness, and that you can flourish in a world where you don't fit in.
½ September 2, 2017