American Made - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

American Made Reviews

January 12, 2019
Regardless of its blatant inaccuracy, "American Made" remains entertaining enough through its absurdity and charming, but miscast, performance of Tom Cruise as a greedy, shallow drug mule in the 1980s.
January 4, 2019
A very interesting story of the drug world. Tom Cruise does a great job as Barry. I will definitely watch this film again.
January 2, 2019
Very enjoyable movie
December 30, 2018
A well made and enjoyable but at the same time frivolous and forgettable film. Take it or leave it.
December 15, 2018
Great film. Entertaining and thrilling whilst at the same time informative as itâ(TM)s based on a true story. You would definitely enjoy this if you like Tom cruise films or things like Narcos. The ending had me shocked and it would be best to go into this film not knowing too much about the real story.
December 15, 2018
absolutely loved it. Tom Cruise back to doing a role that best matches his abilities. Watch it if you're in the mood for those classic adventure crime caper, that happens to be a true story. Solid good time passed.
December 6, 2018
Not one of Tom Cruise's best performences but his character and the true story based plot is enough to feed out popcorn flick cravings
½ December 3, 2018
Bom filme, vale a pena conferir.
November 17, 2018
The best Tom Cruise Movie I think I have ever seen. Great script and story line and acted to perfection by Cruise and his co stars. Very well shot with great action sequences and editing, a rare 5 stars from me.
November 12, 2018
I enjoyed Tom Cruise's performance in this film. It's fun and fast with airplanes, drug cartels, guns, money and the CIA. It is well done and very well written.
October 27, 2018
The idea that such a serious and controversial story is being told as a comedy baffles me, yet it somehow works thanks to Tom Cruise's good acting. American Made is fast-paced, fun, and surprisingly enjoyable despite being exhausting to watch.
October 24, 2018
Late review. Probably decent
October 19, 2018
The whole movie was so vibrant, it was smelling of that awesome 80's style. The actors did an amazing performance, Tom Cruise did dominate the hole movie, with his charismatic personality, because he basically was in his element, and you can see that he delivered. Directing methods where pretty basic, and the director knew exactly when he had to use 3rd person and shaky cam. The script was perfect, didn't drag at all, and the humor was great and the seriousness as well. Visual effects where great because they did everything practical, 2 pilots even given they lives to this movie, because they just wanted it to look amazingly realistic. Sound effects where just on point as well. There where no pacing issue the whole movie was very eventful. The plot was pretty messed up, but that is what made it interesting and entertaining. Because it was based on real story it could play with the details, to make it look more fun for the big screen, and I think they did a great job at that.
Overall this movie is a very good movie, in short a very entertaining and fun movie about a pilot's life who was very clever.
September 20, 2018
A very cutsy portrayal of the drug-smuggling business. Mr. Cruise plays his role charismatically, and quite well, I commend him for that. The actor selected to play Pablo escobar could have been selected a bit better, but otherwise, the very smooth transition in the story, is VERY well maintained. I will admit, this was a good movie - but once again, despite a very fluffy take on drug smuggling.
September 7, 2018
American Made was a fun sit. Stylishly edited, all the performances were very charming. Domhnall Gleeson is obviously having a blast playing this arrogant CIA officer, deftly balancing being both slimy and endearing. Sarah Wright is really funny as well, flipping back and forth from being overwhelmed to completely along for the ride. It's nothing you haven't seen before, but it was worth a watch.
½ September 6, 2018
Loosely based on fact centering on the exploits of Barry Seal(Tom Cruise) who was initially a professional airline pilot before flying for the CIA exporting ammunition during the Fidel Castro regime, before also going rogue by also delivering hard drugs such as cocaine and heroin for cartels living in Honduras.
½ September 5, 2018
Una historia interesante. Me ha sorprendido
August 29, 2018
Good acting and good movie
August 27, 2018
Una manera diferente de abarcar la aburrida y repetitiva historia del narcotrafico en Colombia desde un punto de vista interesante logra crear un personaje diferente y bastante agradable por parte de Tom Cruise,la representación de Pablo escobar es patética pero su historia es bastante entretenida y refrescante ,El estilo de la cinta le da puntos de mas.
½ August 26, 2018