An American Werewolf in London Reviews

• Nov 02, 2020

An absolute bore. Spends way too much time in a story at a hospital of a nurse and patient falling in love, and is never remotely interesting.

• Oct 31, 2020

Ahwooooo... It's a classic howler. This movie doesn't know if it's a comedy or a horror show and it doesn't matter and it's lots of fun. Although I missed that great song about seeing werewolves in London.

• Lauren
    Oct 15, 2020

Great movie. Such a classic horror movie.

Great movie. Such a classic horror movie.

• Oct 04, 2020

This 1981 horror comedy movie follows two tourists on a walking tour of Britain who are attacked by a werewolf that none of the locals will admit exists. Winner of the first ever Academy Award for Best Makeup, which may be a bit dated as well as the visual effects, but they were all the rage back then due to their unsettling nature. (The wolf transformation sequence is awesome). A great simple story but very funny and unnerving. Also, I loved the filming taking place in so many familiar places.

• Oct 01, 2020

Fun, frightening, and occasionally quite humorous. An American Werewolf in London is a simple scary story with unbelievable practical effects by Rick Baker

• Sep 29, 2020

While John Landis has proven his comedic filmmaking abilities time and time again with Animal House and The Blues Brothers, his talents as a horror director shine just as much here as they do with his comedies. The brilliant special effects and story make it one of the greatest werewolf centered horror movies ever.

• Sep 26, 2020

An undisputed cult horror classic, An American Werewolf In London, which might be the most literal movie title I‘ve ever heard, is still remember best for its breakthroughs in make up and practical effects, but there's a lot more to it than that. Its well-acted, with sympathetic performances from David Naughton and Jenny Agutter, and supernatural scenario given a lot of weight and believability. Rather than being over the top and sensationalist, it simply shows what happens when a regular person is caught up in an irregular situation, and things play out in a down-to-earth manner. We follow David through his transformations and his coming to grips with his predicament. Its blend of horror and comedy was something that baffled people back in the early 80s, but its easy to appreciate it nowadays, and its surprising how well the effects have held up, but also how gory it managed to be. I'm glad its found an audience and I'm happy that its reputation has been given the chance to grow over the years.

• Sep 20, 2020

I felt like many important scenes were cut off, it has incredible and widely recognised moments, but as a whole is inconsistent.

• Sep 06, 2020

With exquisite effects and the most iconic monster transformation in movie history, American Werewolf in London manages to elevate it's characters past being mere victims for brutality and focuses on fleshing out the relations between each other. Sometimes it's a bit stale and the score, although good, can be a bit of a distraction. Overall, American Werewolf offers a unique horror experience.

• Sep 01, 2020

1001 movies to see before you die. This was laughable and bad. Saw it on HBO.

1001 movies to see before you die. This was laughable and bad. Saw it on HBO.