Anchorman - The Legend Of Ron Burgundy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Anchorman - The Legend Of Ron Burgundy Reviews

January 31, 2018
One of my all time favorite comedies that no matter when or how much I watch it I still love it. The cast is amazing and they all put their all to make every line hilarious. If you haven't seen it go watch it right now!!
January 14, 2018
Overrated and bloated attempt at a workplace comedy.
January 13, 2018
stay classy..

Anchorman: The Legend Of Ron Burgundy

Yes, its an odd world, but hey it's their creation and they nail it pretty much and turns out its interesting and funny.
January 7, 2018
Classic movie. Everyone needs to see this movie in their lifetime. The whole cast is hilarious, and it is prime will ferrell.
November 13, 2017
This is the greatest comedy of all time!!!!
October 29, 2017
Anchorman is a funny movie, but becomes full of itself based on its nature.
September 28, 2017
Not my type of comedy. I couldn't finish it.
jamrcla
½ September 19, 2017
So much better than I expected, Yes the film got lots of praise from critics and viewers but there was just something about it that kept putting me off and the fact that I've never been the biggest Will Ferrell fan didn't help either, But I got round to watching it and I loved it (Most of the time) Some of the jokes came across too silly or cheesy and didn't work at all but there's was some pretty fresh unpredictable humour too that worked so well, The main reason this was so good was the cast, They were all terrific especially Paul Rudd and Steve Carell who were brilliantly funny, There's allot of cameos too that were fitted in nicely, No real main plot to talk about but it didn't need one as the humour and cast were more than enough to make this a good movie.
September 16, 2017
Dumbest, most unfunny movie ever. Don't waste your time.
August 24, 2017
The human torch was denied a bank loan!
August 24, 2017
One of the funniest movies of all time!
August 21, 2017
Great actors, great cast, great comedy!
August 18, 2017
A hilariously quotable masterclass in comedy and career role for Will Ferrell as clueless San Diego newsreporter Ron Burgundy, Anchorman is legendary. 8.7/10

...

In a past where news reporters were like celebrities, San Diego newscaster Ron Burgundy (Will Ferrell) and his supporting news cast are like gods living the good life. However, when upstart reporter Veronica Corningstone (Christina Applegate) is invited to join the network in an effort to increase the male-dominated station's diversity, their world is turned upside down. How will Burgundy react to his spotlight being stolen?

*Possible Spoilers Ahead*

Most Memorable Moment: Opening monologue of Ron Burgundy's warm-up newscasting word exercises. You stay classy, San Diego.

Pros: A CAREER performance by Will Ferrell as the unbelievably hilarious Ron Burgundy, masterclass comedic quotable lines, a once-in-a-lifetime legendary comedic cast with Steve Carrell, Will Ferrell, Paul Rudd, David Koecher, Kristina Applegate, Jack Black, Ben Stiller, Seth Rogan, and Vince Vaughn, phenomenal acting by everyone in the film - no weak links, every single joke hits - not one left me dry, The day vs/ night newsteam rivalry hilarious, strong plotting and enjoyable story to follow (often a problem with comedies that overly focus on jokes and leave plots as an afterthought,

Cons: Not crazy about Christina Applegate's portrayal of Veronica Cornerstone, Jack Black kicking Baxter off a bridge a little cringy, slightly lackluster middle act, somewhat lazy ending

Overall Rating: 8.7/10
½ August 8, 2017
An extremely hilarious films (with several memorable moments) that shows how great comedy can be, and will have you tearing up from laughter in the first few minutes.
August 5, 2017
Anchorman's humor is often confusing but the storyline filled with redeeming villains suitably makes up for that.... kind of.
August 2, 2017
I think this movie is ok and reasonably funny, but that's about all. it's an average comedy only, but still worth watching if you want to kill an hour or two. There are some very funny moments but the rest of the film doesn't really seem to know what to do with itself.
July 31, 2017
One of the most quoted movies of all time. One of the most hilarious Will Ferrell movies.
One of the funniest movies of all time. Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy is a movie about a popular anchorman going from the peak of his career to rock bottom. The film includes everything from a random fight scene between the news companies to a humorous battle between feminism and misogyny. Four stars for comedic gold.
July 29, 2017
Haven't rewatched lately so fudging the rating
½ July 8, 2017
One of the best Will Ferrell films in my opinion. I'm extremely picky with comedies these days as most of them suck horribly, Anchorman however I loved. The ridiculous one liners had me rolling and the film is just exactly what I want from comedies. Anchorman is awesome
June 26, 2017
I can't say I agree with most fans of this film (as well as it's sequel). Ron Burgundy is a memorable enough character, but the film itself isn't as satifying especially compared to other Ferrell, Rudd, Carell, and other such comedies. If this is really a true story as they say it is at the beginning, then maybe I'm a bit more satisfied. This is a decent comedy, but not one that's all-out amusing and only seems to contain one, if not two, laugh-out-loud moments.