Anchorman - The Legend Of Ron Burgundy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Anchorman - The Legend Of Ron Burgundy Reviews

½ July 8, 2017
One of the best Will Ferrell films in my opinion. I'm extremely picky with comedies these days as most of them suck horribly, Anchorman however I loved. The ridiculous one liners had me rolling and the film is just exactly what I want from comedies. Anchorman is awesome
June 26, 2017
I can't say I agree with most fans of this film (as well as it's sequel). Ron Burgundy is a memorable enough character, but the film itself isn't as satifying especially compared to other Ferrell, Rudd, Carell, and other such comedies. If this is really a true story as they say it is at the beginning, then maybe I'm a bit more satisfied. This is a decent comedy, but not one that's all-out amusing and only seems to contain one, if not two, laugh-out-loud moments.
June 16, 2017
This is the wackiest and most quotable film Ferrell has ever done. And continues to prove that this is a timeless comedy classic.
½ May 28, 2017
Will Ferrell at his core
May 3, 2017
Anchorman's humor is often confusing but the storyline filled with redeeming villains suitably makes up for that.
March 25, 2017
San Diego, 1970s. Ron Burgundy is an anchorman at a local TV news station. He is very popular and a local celebrity. His news segment is Number 1 across all demographics and things are going incredibly well. However, his news team is entirely male and resembles a boys club. In the interests of diversity the station brings in a female reporter, Veronica Corningstone. While the remainder of the team are appalled at the decision, Ron is torn between a similar misogynism and his attraction to her. Initially Ron and Veronica do well, and an intimate relationship forms. However, an event splits them apart, resulting in a bitter feud between the two.

Hilariously funny, often in a clever and/or over-the-top sort of way. Some fantastic lines and scenes, many of which have the entered the one-liner lexicon and/or meme hall of fame. Wonderfully politically incorrect, and sure to offend the types who choose to find things to be offended by. Joke's on them: these jokes and stereotypes are satirical...

Will Ferrell and Christina Applegate are great in the lead roles. Well supported by Paul Rudd, Steve Carell and David Koechner. Favourite performance, for me, is from Fred Willard as Ed Harken. Faultless, understated delivery.

The lesser supporting roles contain some amazing names, some of whom weren't stars at the time: Chris Parnell, Vince Vaughan, Fred Armisen, Seth Rogen, Danny Trejo, Tim Robbins, Ben Stiller, Jack Black, Luke Wilson.

A modern comedy classic.
February 26, 2017
Good fun entertaining movie starring Will Ferrell a fantastic comedian and this is a great start to a new franchise. The jokes are hilarious especially brick played by Steve carrel. The love story is pretty cheesy but this movies supposed to be cheesy but a funny cheesy. If they make a second movie I don't know what they'll make it about. Maybe Ron and how news team versus the brand new news team and try to replace him. The premece of the news team trying to kill each other is good because in real life some stations have that kind of rivalry. That scene will with out a doubt will be iconic, every news team trying to kill each other but the team that sticks out is the Mexican broadcast team because ben stiller and his accent is awesome.
January 25, 2017
My life is an Anchorman quote. Whammy!
½ January 19, 2017
I'm sorry this film just fell flat for me. Will Ferrell is just the same character he always plays and it is getting old and unfunny. The best character in the movie was Brick Tamland played by Steve Carell who cracked me up when ever he had a chance to shine. But to me a very disappointing movie.
½ January 16, 2017
This film may be silly and a little bit "dumb", and oh God it's so fun to watch. I enjoyed this film so watch I actually own the Blu ray for this! Will Ferrell and his co stars nailed all their performances, and accompanied with satire and dark humour, Anchorman is probably one of my favourite comedies yet!
December 27, 2016
While the titular character can result in the viewer facepalming over how he can occasionally be a bit too stupid for his own good, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy has Will Ferrell shine brightly in the title role and the film manages to be a really funny movie thanks to its quotable lines such as "You stay classy, San Diego" and memorable characters. Downright entertaining.
½ December 17, 2016
While the supporting cast shines, Ferrell is barely tolerable, as is the rest of the film.
December 6, 2016
the origin of "I'm not even mad, that's amazing" and "loooouuud noises"
it'll entertain you, it'll entertain you real good. comedy movies don't get any better than this
December 5, 2016
This is the ultimate. I can't go one day without quoting at least one line from this movie. Hysterical.
The arsenist, has oddly shaped feet.
½ December 1, 2016
Okay, I'll admit: I hadn't seen this film before.

Oh, I knew the broad strokes of it: that it was 70s set, the Will Ferrell was Ron Burgundy (San Diego's top-rated news anchorman), and that it was a spoof-take of the whole 70s new industry, but actually ever having watched the film (beyond the occassional shared clip on social media)?

Nope.

Until now. While, to my eyes, this is not up there with "Elf" I must admit to still having a silly grin plastered over my face for most of it, and that it did even have a couple of laugh-out-loud moments.

Stay Classy, San Diego!
November 27, 2016
One of my favorite comedy's of all time
½ November 17, 2016
In my top 5 comedy films of all time. I love this so much.
November 12, 2016
Ridiculously quotable, but that's about it. Incredibly fun when watching with friends, but ultimately not an amazing movie. For what it is, it's one of the best of its kind.
½ November 6, 2016
I DO NOT understand the appeal of Will Ferrel OR Anchorman. A film about obnoxious morons who talk gibberish. Somebody shoot me please before I...oh wait, press eject. Easy.
October 4, 2016
A good comedy with several stupid but hilarious jokes.