Anchorman - The Legend Of Ron Burgundy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Anchorman - The Legend Of Ron Burgundy Reviews

February 14, 2019
A perfect comedy. Filled with memorable characters, memorable quotes. This movie had me nonstop laughing. I was at times crying at how much I was laughing. Will Ferrell is Ron Burgundy, a fantastic performance. The writing is great
½ January 20, 2019
Don't waste your time with this awful, cringe-worthy movie. Don't let the likes of Paul Rudd, Steve Carrell ad will Ferrel trick you. DONT WATCH THIS
January 5, 2019
Upon its release, it didn't get rave reviews, but like Animal House its splendor was not going to be hidden by critics in ivory towers. This movie is rife with childish machismo and hilarious one-liners that never stop landing and has carved itself a nice little niche for its place in comedy history.
½ December 30, 2018
Terrible film but it does have some fantastic bits in it.
November 19, 2018
While occasionally ridiculous, it is always funny.
½ November 7, 2018
This film was solid.
October 13, 2018
Over the top and silly but fun nonetheless
½ October 6, 2018
It doesn't seem like an actual movie-you can't really take it seriously; instead, it seems like a series of SNL sketches stitched together
½ September 24, 2018
While it doesn't really have a well defined plot and feels more like a series of sketches, this turns out not to be a problem, since most of these isolated moments are pretty funny and the excellent cast (including some welcome cameos) nails it with their mostly improvised lines.
½ July 12, 2018
Imagine slowly dying of a horrific bowel cancer. I can assure you it would be a lot funnier than this awful film and considerable less painful than having to sit through it.
½ July 11, 2018
This is a great film starring the hilarious Will Ferrell who plays Ron Burgandy the manly news anchor broadcasting live from the 1970s San Diego. The film looks great and the recreation to a time gone by is incredibly accurate. Of course it is the performances that will have you in splits and everyone from Paul Rudd to Steve Carrell is outstanding, as is Christina Applegate.
June 27, 2018
Anchorman is perhaps the best film Will Ferrell has ever starred in. The comedy is funny and fast-acting. The story line is one that keeps viewers interested, but most importantly allows for comedic freedom. 5/5 stars
May 25, 2018
Will Ferrell is one of the unfunniest and most overrated comedians in Hollywood. If you disagree, you'll love this abysmal 'satire' of TV news and outdated male childishness. Even genuinely gifted comics like Fred Willard, Paul Rudd and Steve Carell can't save this turkey. Leaden.
April 6, 2018
brilliant. but gets really dumb and boring at the end :(
½ March 2, 2018
Anchorman is one of those comedy's that I call stupid comedy's. This doesn't mean it is bad, but you have to be in the right mood for it. The comedy was a mixed bag for me. Most of the time it was pretty good but sometimes it fell flat and sometime the comedy got too stupid that it was no longer funny. The cast is great and everyone gives a good performance, however the plot of the movie is uninteresting and a little generic I felt. My other complaint was the the film did feel a little long. Overall it is fine and watchable.

7.0/10
January 31, 2018
One of my all time favorite comedies that no matter when or how much I watch it I still love it. The cast is amazing and they all put their all to make every line hilarious. If you haven't seen it go watch it right now!!
January 14, 2018
Overrated and bloated attempt at a workplace comedy.
January 13, 2018
stay classy..

Anchorman: The Legend Of Ron Burgundy

Yes, its an odd world, but hey it's their creation and they nail it pretty much and turns out its interesting and funny.
January 7, 2018
Classic movie. Everyone needs to see this movie in their lifetime. The whole cast is hilarious, and it is prime will ferrell.
November 13, 2017
This is the greatest comedy of all time!!!!