Annapolis Reviews

• Sep 15, 2019

People call this a boxing movie. I hate it when they call it that. Rocky is a boxing movie. This may border on the line of being that but it is so much more. This movie deals with over coming what many think of you. To look past the words and see the truth of ones self. If you truly watch the movie you can see the beauty and inspiration within it.

• Sep 03, 2019

The reviews are a bit harsh on this one but I can see the hate. Not for everyone and you could say it's ‘by the numbers' but I still thought it was a decent watch. The story is nonexistent which is probably why so many people didn't like this film but I thought the way they did it, it worked out okay

• Jun 03, 2019

I'm an actual midshipman at the Naval Academy and this movie is a well known joke there. Watching it is almost physically painful. It's incredibly inaccurate when it comes to life at the Academy and the entire story line is extremely cringe.

• Apr 27, 2019

Great man makes good movie. Shades of Rocky.

Great man makes good movie. Shades of Rocky.

• Apr 27, 2019

ok, a bit corny and predictable but not a bad effort and kept me interested to the end!!!

• Dec 06, 2018

Wow y'all are harsh on this movie! I found it very enjoyable. Really liked the performances and the storyline. No, someone with Franco's build probably couldn't hold up against tyrese in real life, but it's a movie. They pulled it off. Not every movie has to be high art or follow the reality of an institution to the letter. I got a similar feeling from this one as I did from drumline, or bloodsport. Both underrated. Movie snobs be damned. Annapolis was predictable but this formula works for a reason. It's good!

• Oct 15, 2018

I really enjoyed this movie and the character development.

I really enjoyed this movie and the character development.

• Feb 02, 2017

It's good movie to watch

It's good movie to watch

• May 24, 2016

The fact that the real US Navy did NOT cooperate with this movie and it still was fairly good story tells me that it is good and all the critics that panned it are wrong--

• May 02, 2016

I really enjoyed this movie. It's intensity and heart were addicting. Franco and Gibson do well as yin and yang.