Another Woman Reviews

• May 29, 2017

#woodyallenretro Podcast Project Honestly..... a SEVERELY UNAPPRECIATED drama from Woody and surprising to even to myself it's my personal favourite of ALL Woody's films - The journey of the character on focus here is executed with such a mature yet simple honesty you can't help to be drawn in, the overheard thearpy sessions adds a great angle for reflection and the performances are great as always Whereas in other films woody seemed to be imitating his idol Bergman this was the one where he completely made it his own with his own voice and really makes it an intimate yet thoughtful drama - Hackman is great here showing a different side and like every great movie woody has done it ends on a very sweet and thoughtful note This is honestly just a suttle masterpiece of honest character driven drama that might not appeal to all but we absolutely LOVE it and even after a 10yr gap from last watching it still holds up 100% in 2017 This one deserves more awareness and am glad to see if finally go a blu ray release earlier this year!

• Nov 05, 2016

3 1/2 stars. Probably one of the more some of Woodys most complicated characters he's written so far from which I've seen. It's handled and acted very well. The first half isn't as strong as it's latter half; If it was I think I'd be singing this films praises right now. Gena Rowlands absolutely nails the role though. So damn good. Also, Woody is the first director I've seen so far use Erik Satie. Can't believe that piece isn't used more often. So much fucking love <3

• Aug 04, 2016

"-I wondered if a memory is something you have or something you've lost".

"-I wondered if a memory is something you have or something you've lost".

• Jan 15, 2016

A drama well done by Woody.

A drama well done by Woody.

• Dec 22, 2015

Rather slow and short Woody-flick. It has a great script and it looks good - even if it never impress visually. I never really care about the story here, it's uninteresting. Some middle-age people with a marriage that's going trough some change. No real highlights here, just reflections on life and some dreams. Very Bergmanesque and "Wild Strawberries" is a natural similiar film for me. Bergman did this stuff way better. This feel dull and never special. Maybe I like it better in about 20 years. I doubt I will see it again, though. 5 out of 10 personal crises.

• Aug 14, 2015

Allen's poignant and supremely written portrait of regret, nostalgia and love-lost.

• Jul 24, 2015

It's rigid, but is just clear enough to get its point across.

It's rigid, but is just clear enough to get its point across.

• May 16, 2015

good typical Allen drama

good typical Allen drama

• Mar 17, 2015

(F-O) 8.1 [Woody Allen]

(F-O) 8.1 [Woody Allen]

• Jan 17, 2015

'Another Woman' made ten years later, shares similar themes with 'Interiors' but it is more akin to Bergman's "Wild Strawberries" than to "Cries and Whispers." It is a story of a university professor, played spectacularly by Gena Rowlands, in whom something stirs when she overhears a therapy session with a young 30-something woman who is discontent with her life. The professor, Marion, feels an emptiness rise inside her - an emptiness that had settled there years before, that she can consciously feel now. Little by little, like in "Interiors," the world she has constructed for herself, a cold, cerebral world, deconstructs... Makes Us Reflect On The Choices We Make In Life--On turning 50, Marion Post looks back on her life to find it's not quite what she had thought it was... First-rate, intense character study-An Intellectual "Horror" Movie!!