Arachnophobia - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Arachnophobia Reviews

September 18, 2016
This movie shows how one spider from Africa can cause chaos in a neighborhood. For someone who hates spiders this movie was hard to watch. With close death calls to spiders it shows anything can be a horror movie villan. Also I don't like the poster (just saying).
September 10, 2016
A good example of why i have a fear of certain kinds of spiders!
August 28, 2016
scared me as a kid.. John Goodman's portrayal of the exterminator still sits in my head.
½ June 6, 2016
This Spielberg production that launched the Hollywood Pictures Disney offshoot is an almost definitive example of the kind of "okay" movie he churned out in the 80's and 90's. It's a reasonably entertaining genre flick that couldn't possibly offend anyone in Middle America. It's got killer spiders in it, but nothing really scary happens and it's got an appealing, lighthearted tone and a genuinely good cast (except for Julian Sands, who I'm beginning to think may not be able to act at all). The film's climax is overstuffed and goes on for about 10 more minutes than it should, but that's fairly typical of Spielbergian cinema. It's the kind of film that almost everybody will kind of like and then probably never think about again.
February 14, 2016
Truly the scariest movie to have ever stared spiders. Arachnphobia prooves that you don't need a natural horror flick to be full of fancy effects and loads of blood to be good and chilling, cause this film doesn't have that much blood or cool monsters, but the script is solidly written and the acting and chracters are all great. And of course, with some very effective spiders that you shouldn't watch if you've got Arachnophobia. Recommended !!
½ February 9, 2016
Liked it a lot. Great scenes with John Goodman as the big guy bug guy. saw in theater.
January 10, 2016
Movie night with Iris.

Bonkers fun in a homage to 1950s horror. Funny throughout, with lots of 'make you jump' moments.
November 10, 2015
A perfect horror/comedy. John Goodman steals the show as the exterminator. Full of good scares and good laughs.
September 30, 2015
Love it. Deliciously scary and fun.
½ August 13, 2015
Very good movie. Good acting from the cast, good music to add suspense. Kinda funny with the fact that things those small can cause so much destruction. Good at giving chills.
July 24, 2015
a creature feature put together by the same team behind Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Jaws, Jurassic Park, and E.T.
not scary per se but definitely has hints of actually happening by accident
this is what happens when a new species intermixes with an ordinary one
Jeff Daniels, Julian Sands, and John Goodman fight killer spiders in California with their own methods of exterminating the vermin
its kinda sad seeing the townsfolk succumb to the spiders' deadly bites but of course this what pest control is all about
no blood or gore present but the spiders leave a trail of carnage of their own
your fear of arachnids might increase tenfold after this one
June 27, 2015
Still enjoyable if looking a little dated now as killer spiders attack a small community.
½ May 17, 2015
It's an intentionally silly horror movie. It's entertaining enough to watch probably once every five to ten years. Not great, but not bad.
April 6, 2015
Absorbing and quite chilling. Also features an excellent performance by Jeff Daniels
March 25, 2015
It pained me to watch this as I'm a big fan of throw back B movie horror.There's no horror and the only thing you want to throw is this movie.
½ March 20, 2015
Very good film and for those who dislike spiders, it is extremely creepy
March 2, 2015
How could anyone not like this? I happen to love it, but ... not like it? It's such a well made film, great performances, well paced ... and John Goodman was comic genius.
February 11, 2015
I love this movie. Great early 90s feel with a solid grip on creature feature genre.
½ February 8, 2015
A very underrated B film. I hate spiders. I truly do. Don't know why I watched it. It's tensed, thrilling, and comically fun. It's fascinating to see these filmmakers to cooperate with real spiders. Can't believe the cast members agree to do this lol
½ February 5, 2015
While not strictly speaking a HorrorComedy, Arachnophobia is a very light hearted creature feature that scores massive points for its effects, and not much else.