Arachnophobia - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Arachnophobia Reviews

½ November 23, 2017
Great movie. Just finished it for the first time, I don't know why I hadn't watched this movie sooner as it came out 2 years before I was born even. Glad I watched it finally though, great sci-fi horror/thriller with a great late 80's early 90's feel. Well done, great acting, all over I'd give it a 7.5/10. I'm a huge sci-fi fan and an even bigger horror fan, even though this wasn't very 'horror' it was a good movie still in my opinion, and definitely could be called a classic creature feature movie for sure. Would watch again.
October 29, 2017
Feeds on fear and has a sense of humor about it.
August 21, 2017
One of those movies that couldn't be described as a classic but still stands the test of time for some reason and is a really enjoyable watch.
August 20, 2017
I think this is the movie that started my fear of spiders. Nuff said.
½ May 20, 2017
"Arachnophobia" is a good movie, but not especially memorable. Slightly creepy, like "Gremlins," but overall not a big fright fest. Good acting.
March 21, 2017
First time director, Frank Marshall directs a great fun film about killer spiders. Outstanding performances and so on
January 29, 2017
It has an amazing confortable and chilling atmosphere and a beautiful cinematography.
December 6, 2016
Very entertaining, actually more than scary, but this movie is a true fun, good homage to the monster movies of the 50s. Technically beautiful, with good portion of humor but it doesn't worsen the suspense part. Outstanding blend.
November 28, 2016
I love this movie. It's only truly frightening to those with the title condition but for everyone else it still remains a funny and energetic monster movie throwback with a phenomenally effective score and a fully committed Jeff Daniels.
November 13, 2016
Spodziewalam sie gniotka... i sie zawiodlam. Ani jednego wygenerowanego komputerowo pajaka. Wszystkie prawdziwe! Balam sie :)
½ October 22, 2016
- I saw this in theatres in 1990 and have watched it several times since. It's not a great film, but I just enjoy it for some reason. Jeff Daniels and John Goodman are excellent. It's the first directorial effort for Frank Marshall, who has produced several films for Steven Spielberg. A fun movie for the Halloween season.

- I originally saw this in theatres. It's a fun movie with some laughs, but nothing outstanding. Good light entertainment if you want to kill some time, but not a necessary watch.
September 18, 2016
This movie shows how one spider from Africa can cause chaos in a neighborhood. For someone who hates spiders this movie was hard to watch. With close death calls to spiders it shows anything can be a horror movie villan. Also I don't like the poster (just saying).
September 10, 2016
A good example of why i have a fear of certain kinds of spiders!
August 28, 2016
scared me as a kid.. John Goodman's portrayal of the exterminator still sits in my head.
½ June 6, 2016
This Spielberg production that launched the Hollywood Pictures Disney offshoot is an almost definitive example of the kind of "okay" movie he churned out in the 80's and 90's. It's a reasonably entertaining genre flick that couldn't possibly offend anyone in Middle America. It's got killer spiders in it, but nothing really scary happens and it's got an appealing, lighthearted tone and a genuinely good cast (except for Julian Sands, who I'm beginning to think may not be able to act at all). The film's climax is overstuffed and goes on for about 10 more minutes than it should, but that's fairly typical of Spielbergian cinema. It's the kind of film that almost everybody will kind of like and then probably never think about again.
February 14, 2016
Truly the scariest movie to have ever stared spiders. Arachnphobia prooves that you don't need a natural horror flick to be full of fancy effects and loads of blood to be good and chilling, cause this film doesn't have that much blood or cool monsters, but the script is solidly written and the acting and chracters are all great. And of course, with some very effective spiders that you shouldn't watch if you've got Arachnophobia. Recommended !!
½ February 9, 2016
Liked it a lot. Great scenes with John Goodman as the big guy bug guy. saw in theater.
January 10, 2016
Movie night with Iris.

Bonkers fun in a homage to 1950s horror. Funny throughout, with lots of 'make you jump' moments.
November 10, 2015
A perfect horror/comedy. John Goodman steals the show as the exterminator. Full of good scares and good laughs.