The Aristocats - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Aristocats Reviews

July 16, 2017
I really liked this movie it has been one of my all time favorites since it was first released on video. I would definitely give this movie 10 stars out of 10.
July 13, 2017
The meandering narrative does exactly stand the test of time. Disney's animation does.
½ June 18, 2017
S'okay. Its like Lady and the Tramp with cats and jazz.
½ June 6, 2017
The 70's (Unfortunately), started out as a rough decade for Disney. And this film is no exception. While I like the songs, the animation, and the voice acting, the characters are paper cut-out stereotypes, and the story feels like a retread that we have already seen. OMalley to me is way too similar to Baloo from The Jungle Book (No surprise considering that Phil Harris plays both of them), and Edgar is a very forgettable villain in terms of characterization and purpose. The story is basically Lady and the Tramp but with felines instead of canines. They even take place during the same time period. Overall, I can tolerate it, but I don't know if I could say the same for most other people. Once again, I would only recommend it to inveterate Disney fans, or to those who enjoy cutesy animals.
May 11, 2017
Aristocats came in 1970 that's a old movie I watched this when I was a kid and I liked it but when I got older I just started not being a fan of this movie, it is a Comedy though good for all ages.
½ April 1, 2017
Personally, I really like the Aristocats.This film does have the whole Disney sketchy animation thing going on, which I'm not a huge fan of, but it's still great animation. The characters are memorable,I remember just about all of them, their either charming, funny or both. It has a nice turn to the whole get-back-home story, funny-very enjoyable moments, and the songs are very jazzy and catchy (That song "Everybody Wants to be a Cat" always comes back in my head every now and then).
½ January 16, 2017
It wasn't great but I like cats so, some of it was entertaining.
January 15, 2017
The Aristocats...by God. Where do I begin? I want to make clear that I don't hate this movie. I don't. As I little girl, I liked it. But of all the Disney films, outside of the ones that I hate, this is the one the left the absolute least impact on me, and I do mean the absolute least. Pretty much nothing in this movie is really memorable or exiting, or funny or anything. The story reminds me a bit of Lady and the Tramp, a much better film in my opinion. Duchess is similar to Lady. She's proper and polite, but that's pretty much how she is throughout the whole movie. Lady is better because she's proper and polite too, but she was also naive, and we saw her sad, and, angry, and embarrassed, and the voice actress for her supports it. Thomas O'Mally is similar to Tramp, being street-wise and suave, but I like Tramp better because, well, he wasn't perfect. He was a player, he was a troublemaker, but he still had a good heart. As for the kittens, they're cute, but that's it. The only two things I like about the movie is that funny chase scene with those two dogs and the the ending of the song "Everybody Wants to Be a Cat" Outside of that, there's nothing about this movie that's worth talking about. The story is dull, the characters are dull, the romance is dull, the visuals are dull. Everything about this movie is just dull. It's not awful, but this film is disappointing considering it's a Disney film. Even The Black Cauldron and Oliver and Company had more to offer than this. There's no intrigue, no passion. The film just feels lazy. I know the studio was going through tough times after Disney's death, but you could've done much better than this. The Aristocats is harmless and will entertain children, but outside of the couple of things I mentioned earlier, it doesn't do a thing for me.
December 21, 2016
The story is so basic that it fails to engage you, and the animation and the characters don't seem to impress much either. At least most of the songs are pretty catchy, though.
½ November 24, 2016
This, in a nutshell, is Lady and the Tramp for cat lovers, only it is dull and dated with regard to stereotypes and gender roles. Besides, its jazzy tunes are not memorable (you won't remember any of them) and the scenes with the dogs turn out to be (ironically) the most amusing.
November 20, 2016
Surprised at the mixed reviews for this one. I didn't know this represented a dark time for Disney. The animation is a little rustic but I thought it just gave it a bit of charm. The Paris on screen is a place I liked to be and the story did draw me in. Not bad at all.
½ November 6, 2016
The Aristocats is a bland, irritating Disney film.
September 13, 2016
Never have I seen a Disney film with such little plot. Now, I haven't seen this film in over 10 years but in most cases, Disney films stand the test of time. I can watch Beauty and the Beast a full 25 years after it's release and still love every single thing about it. That is not the case with The Aristocats. This film feels very much so that it was made for much younger kids. A bunch of cute kittens doing cute things. The plot is paper-thin with not too much conflict and there isn't any real message but, "aww look at the cute kitten!" That being said, there isn't anything awful in it or anything bad for kids (other than that really racist joke at the end with a Chinese cat). There is a wonderful scene involving a chase on a motorcycle between two dogs and a British butler and the "Everybody wants to be a cat" song I admit is pretty catchy. Other than that, I can't really think of anything I can take away from it. Nothing that radical or nothing that screams disney magic... it's just cute kittens.
September 10, 2016
Fantastic setting full of smooth jazz and great voice work. And a story to boot!
August 15, 2016
The Aristocats is very forgettable. It takes the elements from Lady and the Tramp & 101 Dalmatians except unlike those two films, this one was not memorable.
August 12, 2016
: A familiar story that draws from earlier movies like Lady and the Tramp and 101 Dalmatians, Aristocats certainly isn't going to be anyone's favorite Disney movie, but it's still worth a watch. The film still manages to succeed with some inventive characters, like the sleuthing duo of junkyard dogs, or the chortling lady-ducks. A jazzy score with some alley cats keeps it modern and fresh, while visuals earn some credit too, especially the beautiful landscape of rural and urban France. The villain's is a bit dull and surely won't go down as one of the most memorable fiends, and the humor isn't as well polished as previous scripts, but the kittens are irresistible and there's still a lot of heart in the middle, touching on themes of family and traversing social classes.
July 28, 2016
a golden age for Disney Sherman & Sherman compose Phil Harris stars and Reitherman directs the anthropomorphic era from 101 Dalmatians to the Fox and the Hound
½ July 19, 2016
My friends and I really like this film so I gotta say when I got older I found out that this is a forgettable disney classic so I watched one of the videos of people reviewing it like the Nostalgia Critic. The charactersare forgettable which is crazy because I really like the characters like Thomas O' Marley who sounds like Baloo from The Jungle Book, the butler named Edger and so on. The chase scenes from 2 dogs and Edger are funny so I think Edger is funny.
jamrcla
½ July 18, 2016
When Disney rehashes older films with new characters you get a film like this, Predictable, Not funny but a nice little story.
July 8, 2016
Always has been one of my favorite Disney movies