August Rush - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

August Rush Reviews

November 7, 2016
To some the plot would seem to be ask over the place and very unrealistic, but to those who live music, truly been in love, or have been robbed of something You truly love and wanted them those are the people that get this movie. I loved two people in my life So hard that I let them slip right through my fingers (my daughter and her father) and this movie is how I wish we could've been reunited.
August 19, 2016
Love this movie!! A lot of it really makes sense and I can relate with :) Music is all around us
August 17, 2016
I love this movie! I'm not sure why people feel the need to dissect it to the point of pointing out how unreal the circumstances are. Since when has a feel good movie ever been something that could be real? Unless a movie is based on a true story, you'd maybe only find a handful, if you're lucky, that get past a fairy tale plot and cross over into reality. This plot is not meant to be real. So anyone with a true appreciation for this type of fairy tale plot will be able to truly enjoy this movie for what it is. For me, the ending wasn't a letdown. I don't feel the need for closure on a story that couldn't be true. Its intent is to leave it up to the viewer as to what happens next. In a feel good movie, this is the kind of ending I love. I'm not so much a fan of the open endings in thrillers, but because my imagination is never at rest, it works perfectly for me in this film! When I get goosebumps watching a movie, it ranks high on my list. Those who don't like it are just as entitled to an opinion, but I would say those individuals lack imagination and a true sense of what a feel good movie is supposed to evoke in its audience. Sometimes you need to leave reality for a little while and experience the beauty of imagination. This movie is a perfect way to achieve that escape.
June 9, 2016
Nice ending I guess. Seems a little slow, and boring
June 5, 2016
Oliver Twist with music (and all of the Dickensian hard-to-believe coincidences). Worth it for the music . . . and Keri Russell.
June 3, 2016
Just a fantastic movie, the only thing I do not like all that much is the ending.
May 22, 2016
Robin Williams got whacked in the head with a guitar :D
May 12, 2016
love love this movie
April 3, 2016
The score for this movie was PHENOMENAL. While it wasn't very realistic, the music did a great deal in terms of pulling it out of the rut it would have been in if left to story line alone.
½ March 19, 2016
Yeah this movie is crap. Hated it the minute it came on.
March 5, 2016
Can't wait to see this one!
February 26, 2016
I don't know how many times I have watched this movie, just to listen to the background score.
February 5, 2016
I really enjoyed this movie. I guess it was 'schmaltzy' as the official critics reported. But why is it that the critics seem to like despairing and dark plots and pan the feel-good and entertaining ones? And Freddie Highmore was great.
February 5, 2016
Why the f*** did the Rotten Tomatoes users rate it so low? Shit, this actually worth 5-star.
January 31, 2016
What a hilariously terrible movie! It's insanely bad, but it makes for a great ironic viewing.
January 29, 2016
Slow start and took a while to build. The ending was a let down and could have been better (especially for an almost 2 hour movie). Could have cut out some of the 1st parts of the movie in order to spend more time on the ending, which seemed rushed and over too quickly. Fantastic score and soundtrack, however.
January 15, 2016
A very nice little movie with a great message. I love how this kid sees music in everything...it's really cool. I know what that's like sometimes to some extent, finding a soundtrack to everyday life. Although obviously, August sees and hears this to a much greater degree than anyone else lol. Anyway, this is worth a watch.
½ January 12, 2016
Loved this film....looking for the DVD
January 2, 2016
A bit slow going to start with, but all in all lovely!
January 1, 2016
Jonathan Rhys Meyers! Felicity! Robin Williams! Music! Washington Square! Intertextuality! - So how come this film is unbearably irritating!? Too slow, too soppy, too spiritual.