Backcountry Reviews

• Mar 14, 2020

Movie was great, the twist with Alex and his familiarity with the woods and lake. You think the bbeg (big bad evil guy) is one thing and it turns out to be another. Really must watch it.!

• Feb 24, 2020

Thrilling, suspenseful and depressing. Characters could have been more developed but nonetheless their plight was heartbreaking.

• Feb 21, 2020

So many things are just ridiculous here. The main actor really has no clue where he's going but his bravado leads the way and ultimately completely lost. The only way to find this trail is via canoe, where no one else is. But watch out for the rogue tour guide creeping up on them in the dark or that bear on steroids looking for human flesh!

• Jan 25, 2020

This is a great installment in the bear movie category. It also serves as a startling reminder of how most of us are not "one with nature."

• Jan 25, 2020

I'd agree that it does start out very slow but some of the 1-star complaints are a little silly. It may not be a gore-fest but I think that adds to the serious tone of the movie. Also, some forget that the characters are from the city, probably not well versed on camping in backcountry or what to do in certain situations. We also do not know what we would do in the situation given in the movie - flight, fight or freeze. Overall, I would say it was worth the watch. I was very interested in seeing how it ended and would recommend to a friend— but not someone who is impatient when it comes to movies.

• Jan 24, 2020

Horrible. Bad camera use, back SFX and no good character building to actually make you want to finish watching the movie

• Jan 05, 2020

What was the point of her having the bear spray and putting so much emphasis on it if she ultimately didn't use it? Or what was the whole thing with the guys toe? Or what was the whole thing with that guy? There was even a hanger with that thing at the end. Where was the storm they mentioned in the beginning? There were just a lot of unanswered pointless parts of the movie

• Dec 18, 2019

The first half of the movie moves really slow - a couple hiking in the woods, the guy making so many cringe-worthy mistakes. Then there's the bear attack that you're expecting, then someone stumbles around the woods trying to find their way out. Not really exciting, the genres horror, mystery, or suspense don't really fit, it's just a ho-hum drama featuring 2 unlikable characters.

• Dec 17, 2019

thought it was a very slow start but very thrilling when i first saw it i was thinking wow another movie with stupid teenagers who are going to die but it was opposite it goes to show you when city people decide to go into the woods without being prepared spoiler alert never hang bloody clothes in your camp and always stitch up wounds and your just pretty much going to be dead if caught by a black bear they did a very good job on the physics and it was a pretty sad movie but good ending

• Dec 15, 2019

The film claims to be a "true story". It isn't . Without disclosing a spoiler just Google details of the story and you will find that a key element, in fact THE key element is pure bullshit. It caves into political correctness. If you're going to claim its true then keep it true.