Bad Santa - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bad Santa Reviews

½ June 6, 2017
I really love this flick because it's such an anti-holiday movie, puls it's fun to watch as Thornton's character slowly comes around to being more of a functioning human being. Well, sort of.

Best line has to be "I beat the shit out of some kids today. But it was for a purpose. It made me feel good about myself. It was like I did something constructive with my life or something, I dunno, like I accomplished something." Hilarious stuff.

It's amazingly offensive, but has some truly touching moments in there, well worth a look

Highly recommended.
May 9, 2017
A fun movie, worth a rental.
½ May 4, 2017
Sleazy with some unfortunate crude humor, but it's a funny movie with a little bit of heart. It was better than expected. (First viewing - December 2003 in theaters)
½ April 24, 2017
Outrageous and stupidly funny, Bad Santa is black humor comedy with a hilarious performance by Billy Bob Thornton. (3,5/5)
½ February 25, 2017
I Liked This Movie This Movie was great Good Job Miramax Have a COOKIE!
February 19, 2017
A lot of bad language, some crude humor. I liked it, Billy Bob plays a good creep with nasty language.
jamrcla
February 10, 2017
A very funny and dark comedy that's full of laughs and shocks in equal measure, Billy Bob Thornton plays his part really well and his don't give a shit attitude works so well, A Christmas film not for the family, Adults only, It's my favourite Christmas film ever.
February 1, 2017
One of my favourite movies. Its not a kids movie at all. But at the time it was fresh and dark. Very funny. Watch it every Christmas.
January 22, 2017
Very hilarious. Billy Bob was made for this role
January 7, 2017
I'd been looking forward to watching this for years so maybe my expectations were a tad too high
½ January 5, 2017
Obviously not an academy award winning film. However, it was funny as hell !!!
December 27, 2016
sadly, this is one of my favorite Christmas movies. Billy Bob is just a perfect scumbag.
December 26, 2016
ok but nothing like the original.
December 23, 2016
Funny at times, dumb at times, entertaining yet its dark and deathgripping dumbness.
½ December 21, 2016
Ridiculously vulgar and profane, but enjoyably funny. A good movie to watch around the holidays, but definitely not with the family.
Bradley T. Johnson
December 20, 2016
Bad Santa is absolutely hilarious in fits and starts and provides a needed contrast from the typical holiday uplift films, however its plot is disjointed, random and messy with no real sense of stakes. Billy Bob Thornton thrusts himself wholeheartedly in the title character, but he can't completely help that the film is tonally strained in between straight crude comedy and addiction drama. There are certain moments in here where the main characters instability is played so straight it erases the comedic aspect of most of the film. The film never is quite as funny as it could be but it is a frivolous affair welcome in between viewings of Elf and It's a Wonderful Life. Rating: 57
½ December 18, 2016
This comedy got better as it went along. For the most part, the performances are good but the little kid, played by Brett Kelly, steals the show. He is brilliant and the things the script has him say and do are hilarious. The premise was simple enough and I think they pulled it off. It's nice to see the lead character undergo the transformation throughout the film as he becomes more and more likeable.
December 18, 2016
Really just a great Christmas comedy film. Fantastic performances all round injected with great wit and timing by both the cast and director. There is some excellent musical pieces on display here including Chopin and Mozart. The Chopin piece at the beginning in the bar couldn't have been better selected for this amusing, pathetic, and melancholy spectacle of a truly debauched, depraved, emotionally crippled and ultimately lost human being. And yet in spite all of the fantastically sickening and vulgar laughs (which really do work), director Terry Zwigoff keeps the Christmas spirit alive with a subtle message of newly discovered companionship and redemption. 4/5
½ December 17, 2016
Flat out awful movie.
½ December 12, 2016
Hilarious dark comedy that brings a twisted edge to Christmas. Billy Bob Thornton is superb in the title role, not softening Willie's edges (he is genuinely a bad person) while bringing enough humor & fun that you enjoy watching him. He gets great support from the rest of the cast, particularly Tony Cox as his professional partner while Lauren Graham is a delight as a Jewish bartender with a thing for Santas. Behind the camera, Terry Zwigoff crafts a twisted comedy making fun of the consumerism that plagues the holidays (while Willie cracks the mall safes, Marcus goes on an impromptu shopping spree) while not making his characters fully redeemable. Willie maybe gets slightly better in the end but not by much and all the hijinks lead to one of the funniest & darkest Christmas scenes in film history (you'll never look at Santa giving a kid a present the same way again). A great comedy all a round, especially for those looking for some twisted fun during the holidays.