Batman Begins - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Batman Begins Reviews

July 27, 2016
*****
When I first saw this movie, it was if I was in heaven. Put it this way, when you look back at Joel Schumacher's piece of crap Batman and Robin, and then look at this, it makes you feel all warm inside. An amazing reboot of a dead franchise, and arguably the best of Nolan's trilogy.
½ July 26, 2016
Nolan, you have boasted the best reboot for the best superhero. Thank you Nolan, you have out done yourself. Love this movie sooo much.
Score: 9/10 (Amazing).
July 25, 2016
Great way to start the Batman resurrection. The weakest of Nolan's three but that's not a criticism at all.
July 24, 2016
A phenomenal batman movie. Nolan is a great filmmaker, and this movie proves it. Finally, a Batman that gets it done.
July 24, 2016
While Michael Caine is dynamite, Cillian Murphy gives an annoying performance.
½ July 22, 2016
I'm not going to say much about Batman Begins. I think most people know it's great. It's dark, its atmosphere just seems really intense and disturbing, and most of all, they got the characters right. The emotions the characters feel are comparable to their comic book counterparts, ripped right out of the pages and pasted on screen. And it makes for one great, kickass superhero film.

Despite an arguable slow start in the first 30 minutes or so of the movie, it just keeps getting better, and Batman Begins delivers a memorable finale, distinctive characters, and a story that actually makes you feel something. Which is hard to do in a superhero flick.

RATING: A-
July 21, 2016
Best of the trilogy imo. 2 thumbs way up for the best Batman film of all time.
½ July 18, 2016
Great movie intresting story and the near perfect way to reintroduce Batman in a new dark tone just has a couple problems with the fight scenes but a great movie overall.
½ July 17, 2016
Having watched this half heartedly when it was first released, I couldn't exactly remember much about the concept, villains, or general entertainment value. This led me to believe that I can't have really enjoyed it if it hasn't stuck in the memory. Alas, 10 years on and I gave this another go, which has proved that either I have matured beyond my years, or I really wasn't paying attention when younger, as it was actually reasonably watchable. I followed the majority of the plot throughout, with the odd confusion over who Liam Neeson actually was, but now I've gotten my head around that it all makes sense. Batman Begins is essentially the first of the three unanimated darker versions of the tale, with this instalment doing as it says on the tin - showing the beginning of Batman, and how he came from being a boy to then dressing up as the caped crusader. I wasn't too impressed by the villain in this, largely because the role was shared, but primarily because neither were particularly menacing or memorably psychotic. Scarecrow is ultimately a man with a sack on his head and Neeson's character is just a normal guy with no stage presence whatsoever. This was much more about the rise of the well known hero though when Gotham was on the verge of extinction, and in that respect it did a good job. As a film in its own right, it's good without excelling, but knowing what's to come in the sequels, this holds a lot more value as its prequel.
July 16, 2016
A Terrific Reboot of the Batman Legend

Originally Written July 1, 2005--
A young Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) travels to the Far East, where he's trained in the martial arts by Henri Ducard (Liam Neeson), a member of the mysterious League of Shadows. When Ducard reveals the League's true purpose -- the complete destruction of Gotham City -- Wayne returns to Gotham intent on cleaning up the city without resorting to murder. With the help of Alfred (Michael Caine), his loyal butler, and Lucius Fox (Morgan Freeman), a tech expert at Wayne Enterprises, Batman is born. I'm so glad I went to this movie! I have really enjoyed watching the Batman and Superman movies of the past, but they have just been a little too much on the campy humor side. Christopher Nolan has delivered the best serious take on a superhero movie that I have ever seen. Christian Bale is amazing as the titular Bruce Wayne/Batman! I sure hope they make more of these!
July 13, 2016
The greatest superhero movie of all time.
½ July 11, 2016
Sets up the Dark Knight trilogy so well! Even though Katie Holmes performance was terrible Christian Bale gives us a surprisingly good act and Micheal Caine and Morgan Freeman don't disappoint. Cillian Murphy and Liam Neeson make perfect villians and made the movie that much better!
½ July 11, 2016
The Batman movie the fans have been waiting for ever since the original 1989 hit. Great visuals, story, and heart pumping action! This was made for multiple viewings.
July 10, 2016
Certainly an original take on the superhero movie, "Batman Begins" is an excellent beginning to a promising trilogy.
July 10, 2016
All the batman films are classic
½ July 9, 2016
Batman Begins is the dark comic book adaptation that all Batman fans wanted to see and I was thrilled when I watched this movie. The cast is outstanding and does a great job with this film. The flashbacks to Bruce Wayne's past and the story of his training were well done. This is an almost flawless start to one of the greatest trilogies of all time, and at the time of its release it was the best comic movie made to date.
July 9, 2016
After the previous two Batman films (Batman Forever and Batman And Robin), we get a film surprisingly directed by Award winning director, Christopher Nolan, who brings us the most intense, dark, gritty, and shocking Batman film we have ever seen (at least for now).

Batman Begins centers around the complete origins of Bruce Wayne, who soon turns into the dark and strong alter ego known as Batman, from when his parents were killed to where he is being highly trained.

Gritty, dark, and very violent, we get the strongest Batman film we have EVER seen. Fantastic, in every word.
½ June 29, 2016
Great way to restart the Batman series, Much darker, More serious and less silly gadgets, Christian Bale is one of the best Batmans ever, It's an all round fantastic Batman film.
June 28, 2016
The lowest of the three, yet still a great movie! It's as good as a beginning story as there will be
June 23, 2016
Best superhero origin movie of all time! Also one of the greatest superhero and films of all time! Batman Begins is an essential watch to any fan of the caped crusader! You will not be disappointed!