Batman Begins - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Batman Begins Reviews

½ June 24, 2017
The best batman reboot in the batman franchise. the plot line was very good
June 23, 2017
Just a great reboot to the Batman Franchise. Excellent film.
June 23, 2017
Fun, full of action, good story, cool characters, two good villains, and it's the best superhero origin story ever.
½ June 22, 2017
Rendering the iconic origin story on to screen for the first time, Batman Begins goes beyond what the comics ever have to deliver an insight into the psychology of the man who would be Batman. It also does something the films never had: respect his human qualities, rather than labour his inhuman ones. Covering 20 years of his life, in a non-linear narrative, Bruce Wayne easily becomes the most sympathetic, the most complex and the most human of superhero film protagonists. The themes are ingeniously chosen to get at the core of the concept and provide a framework of smartly interwoven plot points, character development and set pieces that make us believe why a man would say 'I shall become a bat'. By changing Bruce's mission from a never-ending battle trying to stop his tragedy from happening to others to the definable goal of ending the corruption in Gotham that caused it, the focus of the mythos is subtly shifted to work onscreen and within this interpretation. This is impressive, not just for creating one of the best Batman stories in any medium, but in the way it provides the backbone for one of the most satisfying trilogies in film history. The sequels take this conception of Gotham to more interesting places; with more thematic depth and greater exploration of both the world and the ensemble set up here, and they enhance this film with how they build on it. However, as a character study it is Batman Begins that most strongly distils the eternal essence of one of the greatest fictional characters of all time, conveying it with appropriately mythological levels of symbolism while still delivering a satisfying movie experience.
June 22, 2017
Refreshingly dark and smart, Batman Begins gives us everything the Caped Crusader should be.
½ June 20, 2017
I LOVE this new Batman
and the vision and direction that NOLAN is going with this
June 20, 2017
This movie breathed new life into a movie franchise that was declared dead by many due to the 1997 movie Batman and Robin. Christopher Nolan returns the Batman live action films to the darker/grittier tone that was started by Tim Burton. I can easily recommend this movie to fans of Batman.
June 19, 2017
A great origin story of one of the best superheroes of all time, Batman Begins is a strong beginning from start to finish.
June 18, 2017
A lot of cool action. A bit on the long and slow side. The cast was great.
June 16, 2017
This original movie in the Christopher Nolan franchise introduces us to the character of Batman which is the best of it's time before it.
June 11, 2017
Christian Bale is great as batman, although sometimes it is hard to understand him. This movie has good villains and Christopher Nolan's direction is great.
June 9, 2017
'Batman Begins' successfully introduces the character to those unfamiliar with him. Here's my problem: I was already too familiar with him. Frankly I didn't care about how he acquired the fancy crime fighting equipment. The audience doesn't need everything about him spelled out. It's kinda boring watching a lot of the "becoming Batman" segments and I was thinking to myself "when are we actually going to get to an interesting plot". The acting is good, with solid directing, and the script isn't awful but it failed to engage me in a way I wish it had. Too much focus is on his boring love interest played by Katie Holmes who I couldn't care less about and not enough focus on Cillian Murphy's fantastic portrayal of The Scarecrow. Christian Bale is great as Bruce Wayne but it's with Batman where he falters a bit. The first time we hear his Batman voice I almost started laughing in the theater. Instead of intimidating he sounds like he needs water. Christopher Nolan always provides visually interesting films and he really captures the dark Gothic nature of the Batman mythos which I appreciated. 'Batman Begins' is worth a look if you're interested in knowing the background of the character.
June 6, 2017
my favorite in the trilogy and a brilliant reboot of what was thought to be a dead genre and showed at comic film could go dark and serious
June 6, 2017
My favorite Batman movie to date
June 6, 2017
The movie that resurrected Batman back to greatness. Nolan takes care of his characters. A great first chapter in the quintessential Batman trilogy.
I LOVE this new Batman
and the vision and direction that NOLAN is going with this.
June 5, 2017
The chris Nolan trilogy is just perfect !
½ June 4, 2017
Good movie can't believe it took me this long to watch it
June 4, 2017
Easily, a Top 7 Superhero Movie of All-Time.
June 3, 2017
Batman Begins is legendary to the max!