Batman Begins - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Batman Begins Reviews

½ February 24, 2017
Batman gets a detailed origin heavily based on the comics. A very fun ride while staying true to the classic stories that preceded the film.
½ February 24, 2017
Batman Begins is one of the best Superhero origin story in a movie, with stunning action and a awesome lead performance by Christian Bale.
February 24, 2017
Nothing needs to be said.
February 12, 2017
This is simply one of the best superhero movies of all time. It's directed superbly, the script is great, and the action sequences were well filmed. Out of all the actors that have played Batman, Christian Bale is definitely the best. While Michael Keaton and Val Kilmer were also very good, Bale really fits the role. I really enjoy films that serve as effective origin stories for well-known superheroes, and Batman Begins is one of them.
February 11, 2017
Probably the best superhero origin movie of all time. Not only does it do a fantastic job adapting the comic story, with great understanding of the characters and respect for the source material, but it adds to it in ways that enhance the story by quite a lot, making Batman's origin not only the most entertaining we've seen, but the most logically sound superhero origin as well. When the movie first came out I don't remember there being a lot of hype about it, but looking back now that we've seen the entire trilogy, it's just amazing to see how consistently good this series is. Christopher Nolan understood Batman better than any other director has, and created what will likely be the best superhero movie franchise of all time.

Personal Grade: S++
Technical Score: 96%
February 9, 2017
One of the better origin stories out there. But I hate origin movies. So 4 stars.
February 9, 2017
The finale is good and I do appreciate the homages to earlier Batman movies and the TV show. The real problem is it just too long and drawn out. It spends way too much time telling the back story of Batman.

Also, I'm not impressed with Christian Bale's Batman performance. The growly gruff voice just doesn't add any value to the character. Bale is like George Lazenby. Lazenby was in a really good James Bond movie On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Lazenby's performance as Bond was awful. Begins is an ok movie at best, but Bale's performance doesn't do anything to make the movie any better.
½ February 2, 2017
A dark and gritty reboot of the Batman movies, with a great cast and perfectly directed by Christopher Nolan.
It might have been his first big budget movie, but didn't lose his directing voice in the process.
½ January 30, 2017
For me the most interesting of the Nolan Batman trilogy. A lot of effort went into grounding Batman's origin which makes you totally buy into it for the duration of the film. Great characters, story development and action really make this movie great.
January 28, 2017
Despite popular beliefs, BATMAN Begins is a dull, confusing film with poorly played characters and often boring results.
½ January 23, 2017
What a great way to start off a trilogy! Bateman is my favorite superhero so watching this plot take off on the silver screen was just awesome! From beginning to end filled with the perfect amount of action and one of the greatest cliffhangers ever for an end to the movie! Awesome!
½ January 14, 2017
If not for its sequel, Batman Begins may be known as the definitive movie representation of the Batman. Bringing a sense of realism and grit not before seen in the genre, Batman Begins changed the game for the superhero movie and it has not looked back.
½ January 13, 2017
Very impressed. Finally a Batman movie about BATMAN! This movie captures the heart of Bruce Wayne and his story of evolving into the dark knight himself. Scarecrow and Ras Al Ghul may have been seen as the external villains but Batman had to deal with his own anger, revenge and inner demons himself. Great tone and atmosphere and I am glad this movie hit the 10 mark for me.
January 9, 2017
Cinematography & Editing - 9
Soundtrack/Score & Set Design - 9.5
How much I enjoyed it personally - 9
½ January 4, 2017
a great start to a new franchise and christian bale was a great choice.
January 2, 2017
Batman Begins is a great intro into a great trilogy!
½ January 1, 2017
Batman Begins is a type of movie I wasn't expecting to be this great. After the thing that happened in 1997, Christopher Nolan stepped up and rebooted Batman and everyone wasn't anticipating this since Batman was a joke. The Origin Story was made much better than of Burton's 1989 Original. There's not a lot of action but it's great when it's there. Sadly, this movie was overshadowed by its 1 billion dollar hit "The Dark Knight". Please give this movie more love!
December 30, 2016
Inspiring and seminal...
½ December 26, 2016
The shaky cam may distract some viewers, but the characters, the dark tone, most of the performances, and the well-developed backstory of the titular character make this film a tremendous start to the greatest superhero film trilogy of all-time.
December 23, 2016
Wow. The best Batman film yet. A great movie period. It's great because it's so real.