Batman Begins - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Batman Begins Reviews

½ March 13, 2018
Ranks as one of the best superhero films ever made!! This is not just a film about action and special effects, it's one of those films where it actually draws us into the story of Bruce Wayne and the tragedy surrounding him that motivates him to become Batman, his alter ego. It's dark, serious and tops as one of the best films (up there with The Dark Knight) of the Batman franchise! The film really makes us believe in the world of Batman and its characters! A great ensemble cast put together and great direction by director Christopher Nolan! Seriously this is one of the year's best films and a great and well deserved comeback for the Dark Knight!!!!
March 10, 2018
One Of The Best Batman Movies
½ March 9, 2018
a good superhero origins story. actually sticks to material at some extent.
½ March 7, 2018
½ March 3, 2018
Thrilling with doses of disengagement.
February 28, 2018
I don't really like the Nolan Batman trilogy, but this is the one I dislike the least. In fact, I kind of like it, even though I'm still kind of annoyed by it. It's the one that's most atmospheric in tone, and the realistic tone of the latter films is one aesthetic touch I really dislike. Cillian Murphy's Scarecrow is the best villain in this series ... it's just too bad we get so little of him and so much Ra's Al Ghul, the least interesting villain in the series. (Doesn't that name seem to be referring to an Al Ghul that belongs to Ra?) This one has the disadvantage of spending over an hour without Batman even appearing for the first time. Superhero origin films are really dreary. The Batman suit in these films is appallingly ugly.
½ February 24, 2018
Batman Begins is an excellent movie about how Batman became Batman with an amazing story and great performances. Christopher Nolan makes a perfect beginning to a phenomenal superhero series and gives the audience an exciting and definitive movie!
February 21, 2018
A very strong beginning to the Dark Knight trilogy. Christian Bale does a real good job portraying his character of Bruce Wayne/ Batman. It has a lot of excitement and really adds some depth to this character. I don't have any huge complaints. Parts of it were slow and the villains here are average. They aren't bad, but not great either. It is overall a very solid start
February 20, 2018
Probably the best origin film ever made!
February 15, 2018
This is so Dark, But its a Exciting Flim. its a great start to the Dark knight movies, and smart flim to make
½ February 10, 2018
A solid introduction to Nolan's renowned trilogy.

The origins of the Caped Crusader of Gotham City are finally brought to the big screen in this new adaptation of the perennially popular comic-book series. The young Bruce Wayne (Gus Lewis) leads a privileged life as the son of wealthy, philanthropist parents, both of whom stress their commitment to improving the lives of the citizens of crime-ridden Gotham City. After his mother and father are murdered by a mugger, however, Wayne grows into an impudent young man (Christian Bale), full of rage and bent on retribution. After seven years away from Gotham, Wayne returns, determined to bring peace and safety back to the city. With the help of his faithful manservant, Alfred Pennyworth (Michael Caine), and Lucius Fox (Morgan Freeman), a scientist at his late father's corporation, Wayne develops a secret identity as Batman, a masked fighter for justice.

In today's present, there's more than a couple reiterations of Batman. Which one's the best one? Well there are certainly better made ones but in the end, that's up to opinions. In my opinion, this is definitely my favorite version of Batman for many different reasons.

One reason why I love this version of Batman so much is because of the portrayal of Batman. Whether or not you like Christian Bale (which I do), this is certainly the most well-rounded version of Batman that we have today. His portrayal of Bruce Wayne, a billionaire genius who's giving up his reputation in order to keep Batman a hero, is spot on. His physicality and mannerism works great for Batman, a man with strong morals and initiative. His morals and his desires are what makes him human, relatable, and bad-ass. Everything from his suit and his performance, it's all great.

The overall story is a little ill-paced and messy in this film. It moves around pretty quickly and I feel like it's never really clear where we are in the story. It's pretty sudden and in your face that Bruce Wayne is disappeared training, along with all the characters in the story. The League of Shadows is never a clearly established union and everything else kind of tumbles under that. The story is interesting on its own and Scarecrow is a fantastic, horror-esk villain, but it never keeps up a steady pace. For a film with a long runtime, I feel like it could've been better utilized.

In the end, this beginning film was a little bit muddled by its pacing and its story elements, but it's still entertaining. It still looks solid for a film shot in 2005 and the action is entertaining, it's just not the best superhero film ever. It's a little convoluted at times, but it's still a great start.
February 6, 2018
Total: 14/25
½ February 4, 2018
violent but well-done
½ February 3, 2018
This slow yet intriguing film sets the stage for two phenomenal sequels in this Batman trilogy that modernized the character of the rich superhero vigilante.
½ February 2, 2018
I grew up as a Marvel comics fan. Not because I didn't like DC. I was just to poor to afford reading both. So I know those characters much better. Saying that, this is probably my favorite comic book movie. Not only is the action great, but the story is wonderful.
½ February 2, 2018
Uggghhhh sappy garbage.... Batman Forever was better than this... hell Batman and Robin was better than this. At least those were fun this though... is just boring and a sad attempt to turn a bland comic book hero into a serious movie. It can be done but this is not the way.
½ January 30, 2018
A really great shift from the previous (dissapointing) Batman installments. Nolan did a great job here.
January 27, 2018
The best superhero origin story. Plot moves along at a good pace and Bruce Wayne's gadgets, capes and cowls seem to have a point to why they exist.
You'll notice that the third act doesn't end with some hard-to-believe alien attack or city falling from the sky. This movie was made before Marvel's influence was felt on DC characters.
January 19, 2018
Good restart to the Batman saga, but the worst one Nolan made.
January 16, 2018
Nolan directs the definitive Batman, this is a superb relaunch of this new Dark Knight trilogy that sets the Batman standard and will likely be unsurpassed. Christian Bale is the best Batman to come on to the screen, and this is the first batman movie to come the closest to getting Batman right. This is an engrossing film with great action, and great affects and a great evil scheme. Nolan has placed a great stamp on the Batman franchise, Morgan Freeman, adds a great character and there is a good story to go with it. The movie is filmed in Chicago, so great choice of location, and the city is transformed into Gotham city in a very effective way. This is the beginning of what may be an outstanding series.