Batman Begins - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Batman Begins Reviews

½ January 21, 2017
Despite popular beliefs, BATMAN Begins is a dull, confusing film with poorly played characters and often boring results.
½ January 14, 2017
If not for its sequel, Batman Begins may be known as the definitive movie representation of the Batman. Bringing a sense of realism and grit not before seen in the genre, Batman Begins changed the game for the superhero movie and it has not looked back.
½ January 13, 2017
Very impressed. Finally a Batman movie about BATMAN! This movie captures the heart of Bruce Wayne and his story of evolving into the dark knight himself. Scarecrow and Ras Al Ghul may have been seen as the external villains but Batman had to deal with his own anger, revenge and inner demons himself. Great tone and atmosphere and I am glad this movie hit the 10 mark for me.
January 9, 2017
Cinematography & Editing - 9
Soundtrack/Score & Set Design - 9.5
How much I enjoyed it personally - 9
½ January 4, 2017
a great start to a new franchise and christian bale was a great choice.
January 2, 2017
Batman Begins is a great intro into a great trilogy!
½ January 1, 2017
Batman Begins is a type of movie I wasn't expecting to be this great. After the thing that happened in 1997, Christopher Nolan stepped up and rebooted Batman and everyone wasn't anticipating this since Batman was a joke. The Origin Story was made much better than of Burton's 1989 Original. There's not a lot of action but it's great when it's there. Sadly, this movie was overshadowed by its 1 billion dollar hit "The Dark Knight". Please give this movie more love!
December 30, 2016
Inspiring and seminal...
½ December 26, 2016
The shaky cam may distract some viewers, but the characters, the dark tone, most of the performances, and the well-developed backstory of the titular character make this film a tremendous start to the greatest superhero film trilogy of all-time.
December 23, 2016
Wow. The best Batman film yet. A great movie period. It's great because it's so real.
December 22, 2016
Good, but probably the week point of the three movies
½ December 21, 2016
A great origin story combined with a kick ass superhero. Nuff' said.
½ December 18, 2016
This is the perfect way to develop a character driven by drama, plus a great way to storytelling the process to become a Hero, great cast, great performances, a really visionary directorand a great "origin movie" for a hero
December 18, 2016
Batman begins is dark, but exciting and intellegent. One of the best batman films.
½ December 16, 2016
This is the CPR of Batman in every way. Christopher Nolan brings a chilling, gripping, and heartfelt background on the caped crusader. "Batman Begins" is a classic for decades to come. "I Would Quote This Movie"
December 15, 2016
A great start to an even greater trilogy. Lacking in villain but still manages to tell a compelling story.
December 13, 2016
great start to an amazing trilogy
½ December 9, 2016
Best seen before watching The Dark Knight Rises.
December 4, 2016
Though the consensus is that The Dark Knight was better, this was my favorite film in Christopher Nolan's trilogy.
½ December 3, 2016
A strong action movie, a decent crime thriller and my personal favourite of the trilogy. This is probably the strongest origin story ever told on film, by genuinely justifying every action the character makes, and making it seem fresh and new. The first 30 minutes are wonderful, presenting beautiful cinematography and sets, and an interesting Bruce Wayne. Being a fan of the original Batman comics, I've always been disappointed with Bruce Wayne in film. This and the animated series were the only ones to capture the loneliness, dependence and denial that Bruce goes through. I understand that many were disappointed with the Batman part of Batman Begins, but really don't see the issue. Yes, there is a drop in quality when reaching the third act, but at least I can understand the logistics of what's going on, unlike the next two films. My personal favourite Batman villain is scarecrow, and I loved the way they worked the philosophy of fear into the plot. While Ras Al G'hul may not be as memorable, he is well portrayed by Liam Neeson, and his intentions genuinely make sense. This truly was the beginning of the new Batman.