Batman Begins - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Batman Begins Reviews

½ October 13, 2017
A little slow at first, but it does a great job setting up the transition from Bruce Wayne to Batman. The action was great but the fight scenes could have been better.
October 10, 2017
batman Begin is my favoriteâ< movie
October 10, 2017
Changed superhero movies forever, Batman Begins takes the entire genre in a new direction and blew me away. It's dark, intense, and character-driven.
½ October 8, 2017
When it comes to pacing, this movie definitely has one of the slowest. As long as you have the patience for it, then the experience will be worth while. ?Batman Begins? not only reboots the character with proper justice, but also respects its lore and the foundation that made the character great. This story is definitely darker and more brooding than Tim Burton?s franchise, but that doesn?t mean it shouldn?t be fun also. Plus, the cinematography in this movie was great. The landscape, the set design, they all felt real and epic in scope. The score was great also. Very memorable and exciting. Too bad the editing wasn?t top notch since all the cuts felt too mashed up together, but I?m sure they fixed that in the later installments. All in all, another great piece to hang over Christopher Nolan?s belt.
½ October 4, 2017
It was fine. Too long.
½ September 23, 2017
Dialogue can be too on the nose occasionally but if this isn't the ultimate origin story for a superhero then I don't what is. Gripping emotions and vulnerablility brought to the characters with an excellent sense of scope an urgency as well as a surprising amount of fun.
September 19, 2017
So this is how Bruce Wayne became Batman it tells us the story and you know it's pretty good movie I like the action a lot but The serious gets better and better.
½ September 17, 2017
Successfully reviving the franchise after Joel Schumacher almost ruined it, Batman Begins is breathtakingly fresh direction for its titular hero. One of the best origin stories ever put to film, it's only flaws are action editing that could've been better and an underwhelming performance from Katie Holmes. Despite the fact that Batman doesn't actually "Begin" until about 40 minutes into the film, Christopher Nolan fills that time with an intelligent and surprisingly relatable story. Liam Neeson excels as Ra's Al Ghul, and while Michael Keaton may be the best Bruce Wayne, Christian Bale is the best Batman.
September 17, 2017
A brilliant comeback from batman.
½ September 16, 2017
Beyond just reigniting and reshaping the superhero genre, this is also just a really good movie. Focusing so much on character depth and reality, the movie turns an enjoyable popcorn movie into an immersive experience with an outstanding performance from Christian Bale. It's only flaw lies just in the dialogue which admittedly can be way too on the nose. Otherwise, it's almost as good as superhero films can get
September 16, 2017
What I always liked about this movie is the fact that it really tries to nail down the complex motivation of what makes someone want to dress up as a bat and fight crime. I got to show this today to Jolie and she liked it as well. I don't think it works well as a comic book movie because it takes itself a little too seriously, but as a study on how someone deals with tragedy and uses it to do something good, it's well done.
September 12, 2017
This is the best way possible to make a film about batmans origins.
September 11, 2017
Only little stuff made this movie imperfect. But truth must be shared, "Batman Begins" is one of the best super-hero origin movies ever made. Christian Bale was the perfect choice to play both Bruce Wayne as well as The Batman himself. Katie Holmes, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman and Michael Caine are all spetacular as the loved characters in this universe, Christopher Nolan acomplished what the Batman fans wanted, a good origin story, as well as some conflits, good arcs and some spetacular action sequences and simple shots. "Batman Begins" is a hell of a movie, however it isn't Chirs Nolan's best work, which is saying a lot by the way.
½ September 11, 2017
Christopher Nolan saves the series by forming new techniques and depending more on Practical Effects than CGI.
Score: A (VERY GOOD)!!!
September 10, 2017
Liam Neeson is Ra's Al Ghul. Ducard is just his secret identity.

Christian Bale plays Bruce/Batman as a dull, slow-witted man with a bit of a speech impediment or mouth problem -- I can't tell -- or, maybe, it's Bale himself who has some sort of speaking impediment or mouth problem. In the comics Batman is highly intelligent but that certainly doesn't come across in this movie.

Anyway, this movie was alright -- you couldn't tell from this film that the next movie, The Dark Knight, would be a steaming pile of something-1,000,000-times-worse-than-crap-and-vomit-and-cancer-blended-together.

Morgan Freeman plays the token black guy who is a sidekick to the white lead character, which is a cliche in almost all TV shows and movies these days.
September 3, 2017
In a time where comic book movies were complete jokes, in comes Christopher Nolan to create the first comic book movie masterpiece. Batman Begins is the definitive Batman origin story. This has some of the best exposition ever put to film with how they build up Batman.

Christian Bale's performance, I feel, gets too much backlash. Yeah, he has a gravelly voice (especially in the sequels), but I feel like people didn't get it. Don't get me wrong, I'll joke about it any day, but it makes sense as to why he has that voice. With Michael Keaton, he still sounded like Michael Keaton when he was Batman. Even the legendary Kevin Conroy (with his Batman from the Arkham games being my favorite Batman EVER) still sounds like Kevin Conroy when he was Batman. When Christian Bale plays Batman, he does something that no Batman before him did: make his voice unrecognizable. Think about it, he does not sound like Christian Bale when he's playing Batman, he sounds like someone else. If Batman's goal is to make his voice unrecognizable, then he fully succeeded.

In the end, I love this movie. It might be my least favorite of the trilogy, but Batman Begins still gets a:

10/10
August 31, 2017
I like this movie every time I would never get bored with it, it would say you should watch it.
August 27, 2017
It is by far the best origin story ever( until Wonder Woman came out). with Christopher Nolan directing, Christian Bale as Batman with iconic new villians, and a great story it makes this movie a huge success.
August 23, 2017
A superb start the Dark Knight Trilogy . Truly a Superb film and it was very underrated when first released.
August 18, 2017
Batman Begins - Mais um filme do Christopher Nolan, dessa vez o diretor britânico está fazendo mais uma das adaptação do Batman, o Batman que ele faz é mais real, ele é mais "Pé no chão", tem machucados, sangra é vulnerável. Os efeitos do filme são bons em geral, ele é um diretor que insiste nos efeitos práticos, varias explosões, carros capotando, paredes quebrando e caindo, são reais. O filme também usa o CGI quando é preciso, mas com a época, e a tecnologia, fica claro o efeito falso, cenas de Gothan (Feita em CGI) é ruim de olhar, e incomoda. Feitas também em CGI, as alucinações são bizarras, os efeitos em geral não são ruins, é apenas bom. O filme, parece ter um problema de direção geográfica, onde certa coisa está, cenas de câmeras mexidas, algumas cenas são confusas e você se perde dentro delas. Sobre o roteiro do filme, ele tem suas subtramas e se trata em geral de uma origem de personagem, o que o filme consegue concluir muito bem. Aqui tem a jornada do herói, você ver a mudança do Bruce no filme, com suas motivações, assim como a Rachel, que é outro personagem bem explorado no filme. Mas sim, existem furos no filme, não que comprometa o filme. Trilha sonora expetacular do Hans Zimmer, manda muito bem com suas orquestrações, a musica original e épica do filme, encaixa muito bem com sua narrativa, é uma trilha que empolga e emociona. O filme é muito bom, com uma direção foda do Christopher Nolan, que da algumas escorregadinhas mas
é bem feita, com roteiro bem desenvolvido.
Nota: 8.6