Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Reviews

• 14h ago

Long, boring, and stupid. Batman tortures guys.

Long, boring, and stupid. Batman tortures guys.

I absolutely enjoy this movie! Everything is just superb from my POV

I absolutely enjoy this movie! Everything is just superb from my POV

• 2d ago

The Ultimate Edition is pure Gold...although i still don't like Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor except that everything is perfect...

• 2d ago

Where to begin? "Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice" is a mess of a film that does not really know what to do with itself. A failed attempt at a more grounded and realistic take on superhero movies. There is also too much going on, several story arcs are taken from their source material and combined into a single discombobulated two hour film. The intrigue here was the eventual confrontation between Batman and Superman with Lex Luthor pulling the strings behind the scenes, this is where the focus of the film should have been and nothing else. The film also could be identified as a political thriller with how the first half had gone, this is something that I wish would have been expanded upon as well. The reason for the film's woes would be the forced attempt at setting up future films within the now named "DC Extended Universe", an issue that plagued the second half of the "Man Of Steel". Even with all of it's woes, we can't deny how good certain casting choices were in this film. Ben Affleck and Jeremy Irons as Bruce Wayne/Batman and Alfred Pennyworth respectively deserved to be praised. The return of Kevin Costner as Jonathan Kent, even though for just a single scene, was an emotional one. His interaction with Clark Kent reminded us how "human" Superman is and helped breathe life into such a lifeless film. One of the more polarizing casting choices was Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, his different take on such a character in my opinion fits in well with his own quirky personality. The issue lies when he begins to act a bit too "Joker-y" with the character. While worth the wait for the spectacle of the eventual confrontation between Batman and Superman as well as the true "big bad" of the film making their appearance at the film's climax, there really is no reason to make this film a "must-see".

• 4d ago

This is a movie made for the true fans. As a true fan, I think it's great. It's too deep and complex for the average movie goer who thinks they know Batman because they watched the ok trilogy from the 2000's. This is for the hard core fans. Finally.

• 4d ago

Please watch the Ultimate Edition. I would even say that this movie is ahead of its time. This movie is pretty disliked because of the theatrical cut is quite confusing, but the Ultimate Edition of BvS clears up all of these issues. This movie challenges the mythology of these characters and puts them into the modern world. It asks "Should there be a Superman?" and "What is Batman's legacy?".

• 4d ago

It's really good and brilliant movie. It s the story of heroes in real life. If u watch the ultimate edition in 2021 you'll see what I mean

• Feb 16, 2021

The fight scene between Batman and Superman was lame. The exciting part of the movie was just the ending,you can skip the first 2 hours.

• Feb 16, 2021

Recommend the Ultimate Cut.

Recommend the Ultimate Cut.

• Feb 15, 2021

The Ultimate Edition of this movie is the most detailed Comic book movie i've ever seen. This is probably the most misunderstood Cbm of all time but an absolute masterpiece. Literally everything in it has a detailed cause/explanation, even down to the issues people have with it; like Batman killing, It's Legit the only movie that has tackled that aspect, meanwhile other Batman movies do it without reason and it goes unlooked. The Martha scene that received a-lot of mockery was absolutely genius; It clearly shows Batman that this "Alien" he was about to murder was more human than him, and made him realize how he (Batman) has become that which he hates. He goes on to try and undo his mistake by Saving SUPERMAN'S mother. The fact that scene went over alot of people's head is beyond shocking and disappointing. 6 Years later this movie continues to be discussed; says alot. A wonderful Spectacle