Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Reviews

• 4d ago

It was a greatly directed and beautifully shot film. I like how they incorporated both of Superman's greatest human threats Lex and Bruce. The 'Martha' moment in the movie is iconic plus it puts a momentary break from all the fighting, the other thing is that is shows a lot of character development for both Bruce and Kal.

• 4d ago

Underrated! Great action and looks great!

Underrated! Great action and looks great!

• 5d ago

BVS gets a bad rap because many DC fans have polarized expectations about Superman. As with 'Man of Steel' Snyder's Superman is often compared to Rhichard Donnor's and it lacks the heart and soul of it's 1978 predecessor (the humour and the romance). But Synder's version is a very impressive, modern telling of these characters. Henry Cavill owns his Superman with his chiseled good looks. Jesse Eisenburg's portrayal of Lex Luther is stellar. His Lex Lurther screams 'criminal insanity' (as it should). BVS is dark and cold and those elements fit perfectly into 21st Century cinema. Also BVS is the first time in history we see Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman together on the screen making this movie a landmark event. Go into it without the comparisons to other DC movie entries and it's a truly amazing experience.

• 6d ago

Zack Snyder did an amazing job with this! He managed to make a dark pact with action film and at the same time a sad superhero film, he delivered and amazing experience with this film, something many dreamed of seeing while others saw it as an impossible event, batman v Superman is the impossible film brought into reality and I am very thankful to have a chance to watch this in my lifetime

• Nov 28, 2020

This is by far one of the best CBM ever made!

This is by far one of the best CBM ever made!

• Nov 27, 2020

Lots of Superman action which is always good. Interaction between Lois & Superman was excellent. Wonder Woman was great, Jessie Eisenberg playing Lex Luther was way creepy & played him fine. I wish they would go back to the Christopher Reeve format. There should be humor & a little romance & Superman fighting a bad guy or monster. Don't need Batman or any of the other superheroes.

• Nov 27, 2020

This one get the dumbest critiques I've ever seen

This one get the dumbest critiques I've ever seen

• Nov 24, 2020

With a political footprint and a more serious tone, Batman v Superman innovates the superhero genre, being one of the best CBM ever made. Zack Snyder did a great job here. 5/5

• Nov 23, 2020

I really don't understand why people hate this movie. Maybe they were expecting something totally different? I thought the writing was really good. One of my favorite lines was "20 years in Gotham. We've seen what promises are worth. How many good guys are left? HOW MANY STAYED THAT WAY..." The ending scene was also really moving, "Men are still good... We fight. We kill. We betray one another. But we can rebuild. We can do better. We will. WE HAVE TO." A lot of these lines are not just applicable to this fictional world, but are a message to this world. The action scenes were great too. And I liked how they had multiple storylines. I especially loved how they introduced Wonder Woman. The scene with Bruce Wayne confronting Diana Prince was so good. "Oh I don't think you've ever known a woman like me. You know it's true what they say about little boys, born with no natural inclination to share. I didn't steal your drive, I borrowed it. You'll find it in the glove compartment of your car. Mr. Wayne..." So classy, I love it. I'm not a comic book fan, but I've always loved MCU and DCEU movies, especially anything about Superman. I guess this is the classic case where "reading the book" spoils the movie. And when you make movies that appeal to a book reading crowd, it's hard to please. This is a movie that I still watch again, even 4 years later. I think if a movie has replay value years after, it's a great movie.

• Nov 21, 2020