Battleship - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Battleship Reviews

August 9, 2017
Are you fucking kidding!? People are retarded for calling this movie a bad movie. Fucking retarded!!!! This movie is fucking good!!!
July 1, 2017
this movie was freaking amazing! I don't know why there's a lot of people hating.
½ June 28, 2017
A really good no-brains required action movie... I've watched it again and again and... :-)
½ June 1, 2017
battleship isnt the best movie out there , it is extremmely long to get a predictable ending a la independence day. if the special effects were good, some character had no place in the story. my guess is the studio didn't want to offend any nation by putting them against one another so they got aliens instead. if some shots were pretty cool to watch, there was definitly a few moments when I asked myself what they were doing. overall , not a bad movie considering the source material... it could have been A lot worst.
½ May 26, 2017
It was alright. Good action.
½ April 16, 2017
You sunk my battleship!
April 11, 2017
Manages to somehow tread just on the wrong side of being so bad to be ironically good: instead it's just really bad :-(
April 5, 2017
Totally enjoyed this movie and surprised to see quality acting, realistic and believable from the cast with many having little or no experience. Am I a less demanding, no, far from it. I appreciated the subtle references to the game. A battleship that manoeuvres like a sports car, well it just made it fun. Very good acting does not always require the heavy overplayed drama, it requires believability in what ever situation the character is in and this entire cast accomplished just that. Loved the tomboy portrayal from Rihanna, and Brooklyn Decker's 'not-a-softy' character. Taylor Kitsch nails it as a fearless but not too sure of himself warrior who doesn't give up. Tadanoubu Asano believable. Hamish Linklator's character I'm afraid truly portrayed how most of us would be in that situation, bravo. Jesse Plemons was spot on as a young seaman who has never seen battle. Bravo
April 5, 2017
Sorry it is a guilty pleasure.
March 31, 2017
While the beginning was hard to understand in correlation to the whole movie, the film was great and had me at the edge of my seat.
½ March 4, 2017
Way better than I was expecting. Worth renting for sure.
½ February 26, 2017
This film is so dumb...but I love it.
February 18, 2017
I am mystified how this movie got bad reviews and Pacific Rim good reviews.

Anyway... Battleship had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. I cared about the characters. Good humor. Gorgeous photography. Great acting. Great writing. Many characters whose stories I cared about, most involving character growth.

There were a couple plausibility problems, but I don't hold that against them. The aliens kill everybody... except those they don't consider a threat. The aliens have star-spanning technology... and ships that must move by LEAPING from spot to spot in the water. I get that this was a nod to the board game, but come on. This is the reason it got four stars instead of five.

It's a great movie. Go see it. You'll like it.
February 2, 2017
i enjoyed it a lot but to loud for me
January 27, 2017
Why was this movie watchable
January 27, 2017
Peter Berg was watched way to much Transformers.
January 21, 2017
a pretty swee action/thriller movee you can watch anytime and still enjoy it
January 4, 2017
A good action film. The majority of sfx's were very realistic. And with a main character of "Hopper", how could it be any better? They have also left it open for a possible sequel which I would look forward to.
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
½ December 28, 2016
Action plus. Plot is ok. Excellent Saturday night movie. Teen boys enjoyed it as much as I did. B2?