A Hard Day's Night Reviews

• Oct 10, 2020

I just don't really know what this was about. No idea what the point in it was. Assume they were just cashing in on their game. My favourite one of the Beatles was the old man and Ringo who was the only one with any personality. As an opportunity to show how wooden and anodyne looking the Beatles were, it does a fine job. I don't understand why girls went crazy for them, they're utterly unremarkable. The music is good. The soundtrack is aight but you know, just buy the album and don't waste your time watching this hodge podge of meandering rubbish.

• Sep 22, 2020

Definitely enjoyed this more for the quirky comedy and satire, which I had not expected but was a welcome surprise. Somehow had never seen this film until now despite growing up listening to their music and taking a course in college titled "The Beatles". Revolver (released two years after this film release) will always be peak Beatles and, while enjoyable, the earlier stuff resonates less with me.

• Sep 19, 2020

The movie is fascinating because of what it represents how much of it's images have remained in the social consciousness, but at moments its very cringy to see how hard they try to be perceived as "authentic". There is a moment in the moment where Ringo salutes a soldier like in Nazi's Germany, weird.

• Aug 07, 2020

The Beatles at their young, fresh best. A must see for any Beatles enthusiast or as a period piece looking at the early 60s.

• Jul 18, 2020

It will entertain even those of us who don't like The Beatles

It will entertain even those of us who don't like The Beatles

• Jul 02, 2020

One of, if not the best Beatles feature film. Great directing that showcases The Beatles early in their career, hilarious writing, and a likable cast. An obvious con would be the acting so I'm just gonna rate each members performance real quick. George Harrison was by far the best out of the quartet. Throughout the movie it seems like that's definitely how he would act if that was actually happening to him. Paul McCartney seemed like he tried to hard but through out it you can tell he's getting better and better in his acting. John Lennon was mediocre. He looked at the camera twice in this whole movie so I guess that's pretty good? Ringo was a mess. He definitely did what he could but, you can tell that his acting didn't get much better throughout (or his parts in the other Beatles films he was in). Even though I just trashed on their acting for about 2 minutes I would say their charm and lines makes up for it. All in all this has to be my favorite one out of the series (take that from somebody who has seen all of them) and if this was the first Beatles movie you've ever seen and you didn't like it, I wouldn't suggest watching the rest.

• Jun 27, 2020

Still one of my favorite films of all time. I've probably watched it more than any other since it was released when I was 14 and a big fan of The Beatles.

• Jun 06, 2020

A relic for posterity, beautifully captures youthfulness and the period of Beatlemania.

• May 18, 2020

It is a very interesting movie. I really enjoyed the music and just seeing how big they were. To see them being chased everywhere they go. There are some weird scenes in the movie like one of them is in the bathtub and you think they drowned but nope they didn't and it was just a weird scene to me. But it was a fun movie and I guess that scene was used to show us their personalities but I enjoyed this movie a lot. Recommend it to anyone who likes The Beatles

• Feb 20, 2020

While certainly influential as a music film, especially in the advent of the music video, your enjoyment of this movie will probably be tied to your love of the Beatles. Each of the members have a fun persona here built around the inoffensive story, but the film is still limited in that it serves as a means of stringing together a series of songs rather than letting those songs compliment a more compelling narrative. Still good for a few laughs, and to see the most influential band of the 20th century in their early days. (3.5/5)