A Hard Day's Night Reviews

• Sep 13, 2019

The Beatles are chiefly remembered for their late artistry and their immense popularity, but it's important to know them before the fatigue and cynicism set in. This was filmed during their halcyon days. You're easily drawn in as you can see they're clearly themselves and enjoying the ride and you want to go along! Richard Lester's success in this film is partly due to that; he saw who they were, played to those strengths and wanted to present them to the world as we all wanted to see them. It's a fantastic film, catching a juggernaut of raw talent and charisma as it's peak, before it all came crashing down.

• Sep 07, 2019

the nostalgic feels😭 ugh i love them so much💘

the nostalgic feels😭 ugh i love them so much💘

• Sep 02, 2019

Look, it's the Beatles. Of course the music is brilliant, and yes, they can carry the other 75 minutes through raw charisma and a slew of one-liners. But let's be honest… as a feature film, it's average at best.

• Aug 30, 2019

It would've been so easy for these guys to lean on their incomparable fame and make this a lazy docu-drama of The Beatles' natural charm and talent. Instead, this is a surprisingly sophisticated film, driven by a popping comedic script, fantastic camerawork, and an anarchic spirit. It's a basically plotless hangout movie, and I'm totally down to hangout here for as long as possible.

• Jul 12, 2019

I watched this in a public outdoor showing, so the community were all very big Beatles fans, which made the movie a whole lot better. Overall, The tone of the movie feels like 1920's gag show, but it has music and sound. Overall a classic movie that you should go see. -90%

• Jul 01, 2019

It's The Beatles... of course!

It's The Beatles... of course!

• Jun 01, 2019

Lives up to your album.

Lives up to your album.

• May 28, 2019

One of my absolute favourites, great if your a Beatles fan and if you're not, it'll make you one.

• May 22, 2019

a brilliant film, very funny and its nice to see such a well known and professional band be brilliant comedians. Although I think the star of the show was Wilfrid Brambell (Paul's granddad) who was the funniest of the lot. I recommend it very much 10/10

• Mar 18, 2019

A banger of a movie, this feature shows off The Beatles at the peak of Beatlemania and does it superbly, This movie is very clean, just like Paul's grandfather.