Beauty Is Embarrassing - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I relate to this guy
October 19, 2014
highly inspirational shit
½ August 2, 2014
White seems like he'd be an interesting guy to hang around for any arbitrary amount of time (anywhere between 1 second to perhaps over 400 minutes, give or take.)
½ July 25, 2014
Solid documentary. If you're in the mood to watch a documentary this would be one of the better choices that you could make. When comedy and art meet.
May 19, 2014
This is a simplistic and inspiring little documentary.
½ March 26, 2014
Inside the artist's brain. Wonderful.
February 27, 2014
Eclectic doesn't even begin to describe the artist. What a funny guy.
½ January 26, 2014
One of my favorite movies
November 29, 2013
Beauty is Embarrasing nos da un vistazo a la vida del artista Wayne White, de una manera divertida y excéntrica, tal como él. Es un documental bastante completo que va desde sus comienzos , sus influencias, sus miedos y esperanzas y finalmente su vida familiar que la comparte con su esposa la caricaturista Mimi Pond y sus dos hijos que también sus artistas. Wayne White a pesar de ser indiscutiblemente talentoso, tuvo sus luchas en el mundo del arte, y paso por momentos difíciles para estar en la posición privilegiada en la cual se encuentra hoy en día, y es un recordatorio de que no sólo se trata de talento, sino también hace falta un toque de suerte para tener éxito en esta industria. Mis partes favoritas fueron ver la personalidad de White que dice las cosas como son, sin ningún tipo de pretenciones ni tapujos y el formato que utilizaron que es distinto de cualquier documental que haya visto. White cuenta su historia tal como la ve y tiene una personalidad carismática que hace difícil que te aburras. Te invita dentro de su mundo caótico y creativo, y uno se siente el invitado de honor.
½ November 9, 2013
A fantastic doc on a visionary artist that dabbles in a variety of mediums such as puppetry, animation, painting. I would love to see more footage from the puppet show that they did while doing the Playhouse.
½ October 28, 2013
I have seen several art docs and this is the first one where i really liked the artist and his work. You have to be impressed by guys like this you are just hopelessly compelled to create. one of the reasons most people (myself included) are turned off by pop art is the seriousness around it, a barrier wayne white is breaking down.
August 31, 2013
Wayne White is the funniest and most creative artist that I have seen and heard. Neil Berkeley did a great job of capturing Wayne White's creativity and comedic genius.
½ July 25, 2013
A terrific documentary on Wayne White who's done work on Pee Wee's Playhouse and a bunch of other smaller things like his art. He brings in a great view on how some people treat art and the smugness that comes with it. Also he talks about his art style and how fun and enjoyment is what makes his art so special. Overall, it's a must see.
July 20, 2013
Great movie, really optimistic without being corny. I adore Wayne White so honestly there's no way this could have been bad for me though.
July 19, 2013
Well....I just LOVE Wayne White.....:) He made me smile most of this movie. Love to see people following their dream.
July 12, 2013
fucking awesome! this guy, via his sheer talent and vision, found hollywood success with pee-wee's playhouse and the 'tonight tonight' smashing pumpkins video and loads of other cool eccentric designs. after getting fed up with all the nonsense and political bullshit that comes with working within a business construct (with all the sharks and vampires), he threw it all away to start over, following nothing but his creative muse. and that's when he found his most satisfying successes and joys ever. if you are any kind of artist, creator, or anxious ball of neuroses who is desperate to communicate and connect with the world via expression .. by hurtling yourself all up in and on and around the canvas of life, well, my god, welcome to paradise .. wayne's got the golden key and he's delighted to share. screw you f scott fitzgerald! whew baby!
July 5, 2013
Nice look at a very interesting man and artist, who has lots of work that people probably never realize is his.
½ June 4, 2013
3.5/5 - on streaming. An interesting look back at the set designer for Pee Wees Play House who is now a bearded banjo playing figure in the Modern Art world.
May 27, 2013
A common case of the documentary film not living up to its subject matter. Still endearing though.
May 20, 2013
Great streamworthy (netflix) doc about a truly likable and intriguing artist.