Berlin 36 Reviews

• May 30, 2015

Amazing story! Loved the performances and the script.

Amazing story! Loved the performances and the script.

• Jun 17, 2011

As I'm an anti-germany (including Nazis) and fan of True stories from those time, I expected something different before the movie. the story is a true story. it releaves how germany cheated 7th Olympic Game. however, it lacks good acting and script to make the movie interesting.

• Nov 02, 2010

good story. but still the old kind of nazis story. all i can say is that good acting for the actress. start seeing Karoline in many recent german films. looking forward to her future ones.

• Aug 04, 2010

Decent enough, but it was kinda slow and straightforward and there wasn't much of a climax...

• Jun 08, 2010

This movie fits into my general interest in portrayals of how people experienced the Third Reich and Nazi-Germany and therefor had made it to my "must-see" list when it came out. It tells the true story of high-jumper Gretel Bergmann who is easily the best athletic in this area, but also Jewish. So the responsibles for the Olympic Games in Berlin 1936 do not want to consider her for the squad. But because of political pressure from the USA, they have to - which doesn't stop them from trying to find a way all the same...

• Jun 06, 2010

Based on the true story of Gretel Bergmann around the 1936 Berlin Olympics, this film shows you what a mess it could be when sports are embroiled in politics.

• Jun 05, 2010

Primeiro do Festróia 2010. Os Jogos de 1936 em Berlim foram marcados por muitas histórias. Mas esta foi a de uma Marie que ficou conhecida pra história e de uma Gretel que por motivos religiosos os nazi's não a deixaram participar... Um bom filme! É caso para dizer que basta um único individuo para fazer o que está correcto.