Big - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Big Reviews

½ January 15, 2017
Big is touching, heartfelt and cleverly realistic in the way Tom Hanks acts. His performance is fantastic both seriously and comedically. The story line is great and the comedy well timed. It's as if the film was made by 13 year old children, but in an intelligent, mature manor.
January 10, 2017
Tom Hanks carries this film as child trying to figure out the adult world. A great reminder to never take anything too seriously
January 5, 2017
best movie from the 80s
January 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 28, 2016
While some areas could certainly be handled better, Big provides the charm, comedy and life lessons that its rip-offs strive for and fail to achieve.
½ December 26, 2016
Big is light hearted fun with a underlying story about wanting to grow up to fast. Tom Hanks is great as usual, even with a creepy love story thrown in.
December 26, 2016
LOL this movie is so cute and I adore Tom Hanks, he's great.
December 16, 2016
One of the best Hanks movies. Looking at this movie after so many years, it still has the charm it had in 1988. It is full of funny moments and almost a perfect classic family film. Hehe.
December 12, 2016
BIG works well with such a small, easy-to-understand story. Modern and contemporary movies today use confusing, over-complicated plot storylines wired with multiple subplots and such large numbers of characters, should I point out "This Is 40", "Bridesmaids", "God's Not Dead", "Independence Day Resurgence", "Warcraft" as some examples? Anyways, this movie is proof that Tom Hanks is one of my favorite actors ever.
November 25, 2016
Sweet, funny and delightfully heartwarming. Big rides on the charms of Tom Hanks and the heart of it's screenplay
October 20, 2016
One of my favorites.
October 13, 2016
i think it is my 1st or 2nd movie i ever seen for tom hanks
when i was 9 or 10 may be
i still love it
½ October 1, 2016
I found this movie's concept creepy. It made me uncomfortable watching it.
October 1, 2016
Big manages to achieve a dream of being an adult having it's ups and downs
September 22, 2016
Fun to watch, has charm, and really makes you think about letting your inner kid out once in a while and not forgetting about it. I just don't feel that the conflict/problem in the film was developed properly considering it was placed alongside such playfully childish (in a good way) charm.
½ September 17, 2016
Big is a fun coming of age/fantasy type movie. Now, where the heck can I find a Zoltar machine so I can do the opposite of what happens in BIG?...pop in quarter and go back to the 80s!
½ September 10, 2016
This is THE body swap movie; it's done so unbelievably well, and Tom knocks it out of the park.
½ September 6, 2016
The Story is somewhere predictable, and somewhere do not make any sense.
½ August 22, 2016
A thirteen-year-old boy wishes to be big, and his wish comes true. Except there's no time travel element, which really sticks in my craw. This kidult immediately lands a job in the big city and masquerades as a genius toy titan for an entire month? A thirty-something woman has sex with a pre-pubescent? The floor piano scene IS really cute, but was 1989 just a slow enough talent year for Tom Hanks to be Oscar-nominated for his perfectly ordinary performance?