Big Game - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Big Game Reviews

March 13, 2019
Reminded me of decades ago when a few action movies were made for teens. If this would have came out in the mid 1970s. It would have been a blockbuster. Probably the best "Get that teen mind motivated" movie ever made. Unfortunately, it was made decades too late!
February 18, 2019
Big Lame,
Not a Jackson film you are accustomed to. He plays a wimpy character of President and the B movie direct to TV sets in immediately. Barely watchable. Go find Long Kiss Goodnight where Jackson plays a great character or watch Negotiator for the 5th time it would be more enjoyable.
January 14, 2019
I'm not sure how this movie got 78% from the Critics. It's pretty bad. It is kind of a throw back to a bad 80's Family-Action film. It has quite a cast for such a silly movie. There are a couple decent scenes, but don't expect a whole lot from this movie.
½ January 9, 2019
Not as bad as I thought - but still not that great either.
½ January 4, 2019
Big Game does well to excite its audience with this 1980s throwback.
½ November 5, 2018
Utter tripe, unless you're twelve years of age.
½ November 4, 2018
Worst film I have ever seen - mutilpe people got up and walked out of the cinema. I stayed because of Samuel L Jackson in shear disbelief thinking it has to get better.
October 31, 2018
A very safe film that doesn't attempt anything grand or epic, definitely a throwback to the 80s. The casting of Jackson might have been better had the film gone for the hard R rating instead of the please all rating we ended up with. The film has its moments and some of the chemistry is between the likable stars. I thought the film was fun and the filmmaker has a huge future in the action genre, some of the special effects scenes top some of Hollywood's lacklustre efforts. The film never forgets its characters and has a lot of fun along the way. You can do much worse than checking out this action film. 30/10/2018.
½ August 22, 2018
CONTINUITY ERRORS, LOGIC ERRORS, PERSONALITY ERRORS- it had it all!
much worse than i expected, and i was not expecting greatness. not sure why this is in all caps despite my caps lock being off, but i guess it's fitting.
July 24, 2018
So unrealistic and a little corny, but it wasn't terrible. Fairly satisfactory for those seeking action and adventure. (First and only viewing - 7/22/2018)
July 16, 2018
I happened on this film accidentally and thoroughly enjoyed it. Less gory and full of foul language than Samuel L. Jackson's usual work, it gives him a chance to turn a bit more of nuanced role (though he still gets to say "motherf**cker" at least once). The young lad who plays Oskari has bags of camera presence, and the chemistry between him and Jackson is very nice. Loved Jim Broadbent and Ray Stevenson. I thought the special effects were decent, and the scenery was spectacular. The kind of action film that's great for older kids and adults with a low tolerance for buckets of blood.
½ July 12, 2018
Bad acting from some cast members. Great other than that.
June 25, 2018
I love this movie. The character arc for the young man comes full circle--even the president grows a bit. Wonderfully entertaining. Screen play is exceptionally well done. 41/2 stars!
½ January 31, 2018
Well, I was entertained and that's really all you can ask from a movie of this nature. I'm not sure if it is because 'Big Game is a throwback to cartoony violence of the 80s or because it's actually quite funny. I laughed quite a bit. Either way I enjoyed it and at 90 minutes it's just the right pace. If you're a fan of Samuel L. Jackson he plays a bit off type here, which I loved, but may not be your thing. Let's also give a quick mention of Jim Broadbent who is great as usual. Final Score: 7.2/10
January 24, 2018
Ludicrous humour for a drama; dumb plot for a comedy. One of the worst movies I've ever seen.
½ January 5, 2018
Was expecting a terrible movie after reading the reviews on here, and this movie is totally implausible, ridiculous and over the top, but it knows that and doesn't take itself seriously. It's pure 80's cheese coupled with surprisingly great visuals and effects.
A successful homage to over the top 80's classics.
½ December 19, 2017
I didn't recognize the title when i saw it on TV 12-2017. But it looked familiar. I did watch it, if forget whether just in part including the end, or at a movie theater. I liked it a lot. Lots of actionl
½ October 14, 2017
Like a real life cartoon. Over the top and ridiculous. And Finnish Lapland is relatively flat. Therefore making this even less believable
August 30, 2017
OK STORY , LITTLE ACTION . POOR DIALOG
July 8, 2017
The U.S. president (Samuel L. Jackson) must rely on a 13-year-old boy (Onni Tommila) to get him out alive after Air Force One is shot down over Finland as part of a psychopath's plot to hunt and kill the POTUS.