Big Hero 6 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Big Hero 6 Reviews

September 1, 2018
Big Hero 6 was a comedic, fun and enjoyable film. The setting and characters were interesting and lovable, while there were many new concepts and ideas which were crafted beautifully, making the film a beautiful piece of art. The story and villain were a bit predictable and general, however, the film was still enjoyable and entertaining, with many funny gags that made it all the more enjoyable.
August 31, 2018
We should all be so lucky to have a caretaker like Baymax when we suffer a horrible loss.
The adventure is relatively safe and predictable, but the goofy superteam way his new college friends help him deal with the los of his brother make it work.
August 18, 2018
muy buena historia,aquí hay innovador creatividad y mucha imaginación ,una historia muy bien realizada y un final hermoso.
July 19, 2018
Strengths: We keep running into animated films with plenty of heart and Big Hero 6 really tugs at your emotions. The relationship between Hiro Hamada (Ryan Potter) and his brother Tadashi Hamada (Daniel Henney) is established early and plays a pivotal role in everything that unfolds. Of course, the relationship between Hiro and Tadashi's robot, Baymax (Scott Adist) is even more important. Without it, Hiro may not get past what happens to his brother. Baymax is such an endearing character. Everything from the voice work to his actions to his design is charming. You can't help but love him. The rest of the voice cast is great. It includes strong work from TJ Miller (Fred), Jamie Chung (Go Go), Damon Wayans Jr. (Wasabi), and Genesis Rodriguez (Honey Lemon). The animation is top notch and the sound track is great. The twist when it comes to the antagonist is well done and really adds to the emotional impact of everything that happens. The action scenes were also much stronger than expected in a film like this.

Weaknesses: It can take a little long to get into the meat of the story, as it's about half an hour or so before Hiro and Baymax begin to team up.

Overall: I ended up liking this way more than I expected. It's a wonderful, charming movie that does almost everything right. There's a lesson to be learned, a character arc for our protagonist, lots of action, a cool twist, fun characters, and more. I want to go out and buy this immediately. Incredible.
July 15, 2018
Fairly standard as (animated) superhero things go, but a great deal of fun with a nice postcyberpunk(!) edge. Plus, I love that they didn't just use the Asian aesthetic visually, but wore the influence in the story too - in some ways, it reflects Astro Boy, both in the general idea of "robot as substitute for dead relative", and in the tragic origins of the dynamic, that they both share.
July 12, 2018
Being an avid movie watcher, by saying this movie is in my top 3 favorite ever, speaks for itself. I wish they would make a second... and maybe they shouldn't. This movie is a true gem.
May 29, 2018
This is an underrated animated film that needs to be discovered. The script is great, characters are very well etched- dare I say I even got emotional. This film may not have a great marketing budget or recognizable voice actors but do not let this interfere with your decision to give it a shot. (An underrated animation film destined to be a cult classic)
May 11, 2018
Funny and Entertaining movie! Great animation!
May 10, 2018
Really good movie but it could have been better with a small amount of effort.
May 4, 2018
Awesome movie! Watched it like so many times!
April 30, 2018
Wrote this one off originally, but man did I love it when I finally watched it. Disney does a phenomenal job of doing a great super hero movie without Marvel doing all the heavy lifting.
½ April 11, 2018
were it not for baymax's endearing design, the film would have been an extraneous mishap. 'big hero 6' is an uninspired insipidity that courts every contrivance in the book: grieving orphan, counterfeit deaths, predictable twist on the villain. it's a tragic departure from any new-minded witticisms we should expect in the horde of comic-book films. a creepy talking lump and the ambivalent, unsightly landscape is again in evidence of this.
April 8, 2018
As good if not better than the Incredibles.
½ April 5, 2018
Was pleasantly surprised. Big hero a heart warming character. Some nice touches to this film
½ March 30, 2018
Despite being the first Marvel adaptation for Walt Disney Animation Studios, the superhero aspect in Big Hero 6 suprisingly feels like an afterthought in this boy and his robot narrative and the villain's identity is extremely easy to guess. Those minor issues aside, this outstanding film shines in it's impressive world-building in the combined city of San Franksokyo, Baymax himself being one of the most creative robots in character design terms, and having a great story about the importance of dealing with grief.
March 28, 2018
Entertaining to say the least. "Big Hero 6" is not only fun but fresh as well. Not only will the kids enjoy it but the parents as well.
March 28, 2018
Pretty good. It had some unexpected humor and I couldn't help but laugh! I know it didn't have A LOT of original humor, but a good family movie altogether!
½ March 27, 2018
Good funny, family friendly movie
March 22, 2018
Touching and sentimental. An exhilarating adventure of two very lovable characters. A must-see film for all ages.