Big Miracle - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Big Miracle Reviews

October 26, 2016
Such a sweet story. Thank god it had a happy ending.
September 15, 2016
It was cute and heartwarming (basically what you would expect).
½ August 19, 2016
I love how this film combines optimism with realism. The non-profit world is portrayed just as humanly as the political world and big business. There are no real good guys or bad guys, just people doing their things and sometimes - when they show their better sides - make a big miracle happen together :)
April 9, 2016
Hard to say something bad about Big Miracle. What it lacks in subtlety it makes up for screenwriting and editing, depicting perfectly the evolution of an environmental fait divers with symbolic, social and geopolitical consequences.
January 10, 2016
a nice little family movie. I was really interested in this due to the fact it was filmed in my home state of Alaska. the acting is decent and done well enough to keep the story going, which is also a nice story. it give you time to know the whales. based on a true event back in the 80s, this makes a nice little film to watch over all.
½ December 31, 2015
Truly a family movie with an inspiring story about helping the animals..
½ December 24, 2015
It's a cute story and for what it is well made. It's very predictable and too charming but it works as good clean entertainment for the whole family. Good cast.
December 12, 2015
An long winded, drawn out film about an underwhelming dilemma that will only affect small children and animal conservationists. The acting is fine, but the story wasn't compelling enough to keep my interest.
August 8, 2015
A very emotional whale story.
½ May 1, 2015
The perfect Sunday morning movie !
April 14, 2015
Inspired by the true story... I do not recall this incident, however I am not a news hound. I found this movie to be only partially moving; the makers were trying so hard to have you care about the whales it was like being bludgeoned with a sledgehammer. Drew Barrymore is charming as always, in a gruff yet vulnerable way. I've now seen Krasinski in a couple movie recently and am not really impressed. So-so.
½ April 4, 2015
An enjoyable flick tbh
March 2, 2015
It's pacing and difficult premise is a bit problematic, But Big miracle has enough charm from it's cast and solid script to make it a better than average family drama.
February 20, 2015
Good true story warms the heart
January 25, 2015
It was about a true miracle and true heroes!
½ January 1, 2015
Three whales are trapped in the ice as a small Alaskan town rallies to their rescue in this by-the-numbers inspirational animal tale. A couple of good laughs and a great lead performance from John Krasinski help "Big Miracle" do the inspirational-family-film genre justice, but Drew Barrymore is as annoying as ever (and the relationship between the two characters feels forced and flat).
Why this family film had to dedicate such a large portion of it's story to debating certain American political policies is beyond me, but the film can still be enjoyed for its nostalgia and (brainless) family fun. Fortunately, the feel-good atmosphere of "Big Miracle" doesn't get too cheesy since it has a good dose of light-hearted humor, but the temporary fun of "Big Miracle" will probably be forgotten the minute one walks out of the theater.
January 1, 2015
Enjoyable animal movie and Drew Barrymore fans!
½ December 31, 2014
One of the most poorly-written and poorly-acted movies I've ever seen. Only John Krasinski is good in this.
December 10, 2014
About saving grey whales. True story from 1988.
½ December 8, 2014
Probably takes some liberties in telling a true news story from the 80s, but does it with such a charm and big heart that you can't help but like the result. Of course that's somewhat predictable, but the decent cast and lovable message make it work. They didn't make films like that for a while, but sometimes this is exactly what you need on a dark winter afternoon. Kids will love it, for sure.