Big Nothing Reviews

• 2d ago

A very black comedy. The first time I watched it the humor was mostly lost on me- I was caught up in the angst as the body count climbed and almost didn't stick it out. Second time through the absurdity of it all came to the fore, sort of like the second time I saw The Big Lebowski. The endless plot twists keep it lively. A good cast made the most of the material. I thought it was better than the critics rated it. The title is apt for various reasons. I came for Alice Eve. Unfortunately she didn't have a very convivial character (nobody did), as in She's Out of My League.

• Oct 25, 2020

Very enjoyable movie great acting in it too

Very enjoyable movie great acting in it too

• Aug 21, 2020

It's fine for a time kill, not sure what's with Schwimmer's fascination to get into the British market.

• Feb 10, 2020

Cast works really hard to keep implausibilities going; Schwimmer, Pegg and Eve play to their stereotypical strengths

• Dec 26, 2019

i gave it 5 just to bump up the 3 stars. i'd say 4.5. it's funny, these guys stumble into things and just when you think it's over with something else silly happens. it's a good dark comedy. not the best, but it's funny. great acting.

• Oct 27, 2019

I was hoping that I'd like this better than I did. Great cast and good performances, but the whole concept was lame and woefully absurd. I much prefer Simon Cowell with his British accent, but it served his jerk role rather well to speak with an American accent in this. David Schwimmer did a good job, but he was acting the role very much like Ross from Friends in this. Poorly written and executed story here. One last thing, I don't like the one dimensionality of most of the characters. They're all just soulless except for Schwimmer and his wife. I will certainly NOT watch this again.

• Aug 11, 2019

This movie will have you on the edge of your seat the entire time. Its genuinely good just as a thriller/suspense movie. But its also really funny too. This is something special...I'm really surprised its not more of a cult classic.

• Apr 30, 2019

Totally funny and enjoyable, with an unexpected ending.

Totally funny and enjoyable, with an unexpected ending.

• Oct 01, 2018

Big nothing is an entertaining watch. It is not a great film but it definitely is small something.

Gimly M Super Reviewer
    Feb 13, 2018

If you make a film called Big Nothing you really have to offer something interesting, otherwise you're just opening up yourself to that really easy joke. For Simon Pegg completionists only.