Blackenstein (Black Frankenstein)(Return of Blackenstein) Reviews

• Apr 03, 2018

i scraped the bottom of the movie barrel and i came up with blackenstein. its not very impressive

• Aug 27, 2015

almost four minutes of blackenstien action!

almost four minutes of blackenstien action!

• Feb 22, 2014

Blackenstein is undoubtedly one of the worst movies ever made, but don't let that deter you.

• Sep 15, 2013

When I heard about this, I was shocked I'd never heard of it before. I mean, a title like this you'd think it would be more talked about. Well after watching it, I now know why no one ever talks about it....

• Jun 19, 2013

52% This shoddy blaxplotation flick is pure grindhouse trash, leaving a black mark on Frankenstein's good name. It's right up there with Al Adamson's movies, though it did have a good score/soundtrack. "The old scam...patriotism!"-Hospital Attendent (John Dennis)

• May 22, 2013

Absolutely nothing to recommend in this talky mess of a movie.

Absolutely nothing to recommend in this talky mess of a movie.

• Jan 18, 2013

This movie would be about half the running time if poor old Blackenstein wasn't forced to lumber around, walking (in real time, for the most part) from place to place, which dramatically slows down any momentum or brief action you might get with this one. Pass.

• Apr 18, 2012

Started out funny and campy, but far too much screen time of blackenstein doing nothing but lumbering across a room or up, then down the stairs. Never knew that DNA serums were so versatile.

• Bruce B Super Reviewer
    Nov 04, 2010

The Third in my Halloween Film Series. A 1973 Black Horror Film with a guess appearances near end of Black Comedian and a Blues Singer. But here we have a Vietnam Vet who returns to the US after stepping on a land mind and having both arms and legs blown off. But Doctor Frank Stein grows home new legs and arms and everything is going fine until a jealous lab tech screws Eddie up with wrong injections, creating the Black Monster Blankenstein. This had to be a Drive In Special, 3 Stars.

• Oct 17, 2010

wow. i'm at a lost of words.

wow. i'm at a lost of words.