Blade Runner - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blade Runner Reviews

July 25, 2016
5 Stars for 5 Good reason... One This is before they used CGI Effects, Two This is back at the time when they used particular effects, Three I Like Harrison Ford, Four It had Futuristic scenery that looks really cool, And Last The Story was Superbly Well Written.
This Is With No Doubt One of the Best Films I have ever seen and the best movie of the 80's apart from Terminator.

Score: 10/10
½ July 25, 2016
- I have now watched this many times over the last few years. This time it was the "Director's Cut". This movie is an example of a film I didn't much care for on the first go around, but has grown on me with each subsequent viewing. I love the atmosphere is just get drawn each time, and a lot of it has to do with the visuals. Rare example of a film where I am looking forward to the sequel.

- Just watched "The Final Cut" again, and I've now seen the film a few times, and still don't love it, but find it so visually compelling that it's worth watching. It looks amazing in HD and had great VFX...the story and dark tone just don't work for me. I am sure I'll watch it again though. Give it a watch if it's been a while.

- Hadn't seen this in over a decade, but watched "The Final Cut" this time. The movie is visually stunning, but I didn't love the story. I can see why a lot of people hold it in such high regard, but it just wasn't for me...but still definitely worth a watch.
July 21, 2016
***
-This review is for the 'Final Cut' version of the movie-
Blade Runner is an interesting sci-fi movie that's been the subject of controversy ever since it's release in 1982. The movie looks stunning, and features an interesting story that poses equally interesting questions, as well as having an amazing ending (the unicorn symbolism). However, the movies pacing is a bit off at times, and the movies biggest mistake was not giving us an interesting human character to connect with. Another overrated movie that doesn't deserve the immense praise it gets. Still good, though.
July 20, 2016
I understand completely why this movie was misunderstood upon its initial release in the 80's. However it's more understandable why it was so influential and has become recognized as one of the best Sci-Fi films of all time.
July 19, 2016
A modern classic, but the final cut was better.
July 19, 2016
Maybe I deserve a 1-star rating because I flat-out didn't understand this movie.
July 13, 2016
Had I watched this movie when it came out, it would've blown my mind. But I didn't.
½ July 13, 2016
Undoubtedly the most overrated scifi in history, and walking in with those high expectations certainly reflect my rating. Scott's limited imagination is reflected in his limited scope and staging. Never do I see a shot from his films worth remembering, nor do I recall some tremendous juxtaposition strung with other memorable shots. It's all dull, boring, wasting our time. There are some small things I like - Deckard eating Chinese food outdoors in the future. With what limited vision the cinematographer had to work with, I like some of the lighting effects that bring out the grit and grime of this world. But really, even in a bleek world, you have to be able to see things in a movie - blackness and dark is for suspense, and it's not used cleverly here. The most I take away is that great futuristic synthetic score by Vangelis.
½ July 4, 2016
Look, here's the thing. Acting: outstanding. Visuals: amazing. Story: Intriguing. But the movie itself? A little bit of a letdown, and somewhat predictable. I will not deny that Blade Runner is a great movie, and one of the most influential ones there is, but will I watch it again? Not likely.
June 29, 2016
Arguably the best sci-fi film-noir of all time.
½ June 27, 2016
I remember watching it when I was a kid and I hated it. Just watched it again, and I still hate it. It is soooooo lame and retarded. I can't even make it through the last 1/2 hour of it. I can't take it anymore. I just don't understand why so many humans like this movie.
June 23, 2016
Ridley Scott's dystopian version of the future in Blade Runner is a pretty realistic one, it's noir film vibe is amazing and thrilling, in this society where Blade Runners hunt replicants, this future so different to others imagined at the time, it's not as cheerful as BTTF but not as dystopic as Terminator, it's a pretty realistic one. The movie is amazing, the characters, the society, the plot, the performances, it's the perfect detective noir film in the future.
June 19, 2016
I mean...is a classic sci-fy movie and a dystopian world.
June 10, 2016
A must see movie, entering the technological age where the technology holds our future.
½ June 6, 2016
In some ways very much of its time, but still remarkably prescient. What the smoke and synth take away is easily made up for by the script and career-best performances from pretty much everyone involved (even if that's not saying much in Harrison Ford's case). A classic that has stayed that way for a reason.
½ June 4, 2016
I can't say if I really liked it or not, but it certainly made me think about what it means to be human. Like, a lot. A very unique, if somewhat empty film.
June 4, 2016
A true Sci Fi Classic that helped define Film Noir.
May 26, 2016
For me,its the best Dystopian Science Fiction movie. Way way ahead of its time.
May 25, 2016
a classic very dark story just how I like it Rutger Hauer plays a great insane person one of the best Sci. Fi. movies ever made
½ May 24, 2016
disappointing. it may look good, but it doesn't make up for the lazy storytelling.