Blade Runner - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blade Runner Reviews

July 22, 2017
The soundtrack, cinematography and script combine to make a masterpiece.
July 21, 2017
Blade Runner is the quintessential sci-fi noir film, and admittedly limited genre, which may help to explain why it took as long as it did to catch on with American audiences, but it has since earned its place in the pantheon of great science fiction cinema. Its deliberate pacing may be a bit of a turn-off for viewers expecting to see something more along the lines of Harrison Ford's more popular films in the 1980's, but for those who know what their getting into, it's hard to beat this classic.
July 21, 2017
Genre-defining, remarkable set-design and cinematography, Scott created a masterpiece on human nature and what it means to be created.
July 18, 2017
absolute masterpiece, each frame is a work of creative genius
½ July 17, 2017
The Blu-ray of this is quite a sight to behold, and having dug a bit further into a few of the different versions, I have to say that I honestly prefer the version I saw first, which is the theatrical version complete with Deckard's voice-over, which I think adds to the feeling of the noir environment in which the film is set.

Gave this another look this afternoon, as it'd been at least 8 years or more since I'd seen it and it holds up amazingly well.

I was blown away by the stunning visuals, and the film is so atmospheric, filled with a slow burning jazzy feel that I'd completely forgotten about in the intervening years. Very much worth another watch if you have the time to spare.

Highly Recommended.
July 16, 2017
this is something i wasn't expecting. Brilliant
July 9, 2017
A visually stunning and thought provoking one. However the movie's gentle pace is frustrating, and the straightforward questions hinders its greatness.
½ July 5, 2017
Not my favorite Ridley film but a for sure must see in preparation of 2049. Conceptually pretty great. I'm sure the FX were ground breaking in 1982. Harrison Ford is so young!
½ July 4, 2017
This is one of those movies that I just didn't get. The story was decent enough, but I just didn't care about the story or characters at all. The directing and cinematography were incredible and I loved the world that was created for this film. 2.5/5
July 4, 2017
Definitely among the best films I've ever had the pleasure to see, Ridley Scott is a master artist. The prop and set design is phenomenal and the story doesn't ever leave you anywhere but guessing. Incredibly underrated.
June 27, 2017
Blade Runner overfloweth with iconic imagery, but is fairly predictable in plot. Harrison Ford's bored narration also treats the audience like they're stupid, and the happy ending feels unearned. Fascinating concept and film overall. I understand the Blu-ray version fixes my some of my above comments.
½ June 21, 2017
Blade Runner is a little confusing to understand at first. There is a lot going on and if the main story looks simple in the beginning, later turns more complex. I didn't feel a deep connection with the characters and some of them are a little bizarre. However, the scenarios are mind-blowing and you feel like you're travelling in the future while watching the movie.
June 19, 2017
Just watched this classic for the first time and loved it. Super weird but good nonetheless. Ridley Scott rarely disappoints.
½ June 17, 2017
Terrible pacing, terribly staged and rigid acting, overall terrible.
June 10, 2017
Try not to fall asleep before the end. Maybe you'll wake up when Harrison Ford try to rape the Replicant. Even more, the sound is terrible.
½ June 7, 2017
Finally got to see a classic. It was good, but odd. I need a few more viewings to catch more and fully appreciate it.
½ June 7, 2017
Well done film, just not for me.
June 7, 2017
A modern classic, but the final cut was better.
June 3, 2017
If it's good enough for Siri, it's good enough for all of us
May 30, 2017
At times hard to follow and made rather opulently, an understood Blade Runner is a most effective Blade Runner...unfortunately, most viewers will need Wikipedia to understand this sci-fi titan.