Blade Runner - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blade Runner Reviews

February 21, 2017
Grade - C
-This review is for the 'Final Cut' version of the movie-
Blade Runner is an interesting sci-fi movie that's been the subject of controversy ever since it's release in 1982. The movie looks good, and features a mildly interesting story, as well as having an amazing ending (the unicorn symbolism). However, the movies pacing is a off at times, and the movies biggest mistake was not giving us an interesting human character to connect with. Another overrated movie that doesn't deserve the immense praise it gets. It's not terrible or anything, just not that good.
February 19, 2017
A new age classic.
I saw it on its opening Friday at the old Imperial 6 cinema and a scattering of patrons (same almost at the Shining opening Friday).
Mesmerizing from the beginning, some of applauded as we got up during end credits. A great film.
½ February 19, 2017
The more I see it, the more grandiose it is to me. Simply unmatched.
February 17, 2017
Having Japan take over LA by 2019 is not too far from a philosophical reality. The movie is has a lot of thought and power in it but to see it today is very different from seeing it at the time where the sci-fi expressed was rare. Blade runner has set the scene for the birth of a sub-genre in scifi that has been explored to death as on date. It has outstanding filming for its time. The tight shots and dystopian, blue mood is cinematic genius. The acting was fairly average though. A movie for the cinephiles!
February 12, 2017
Scott's best flick with Alien and Black Hawk Down.
February 11, 2017
Very slow and not very well defined.
February 10, 2017
Masterpiece. A dream. Scott's highlight with Alien.
February 7, 2017
Without a doubt one of the best sci-fi movies. Incredibly well directed by one and only Ridley Scott, well written and visually stunning this sci-fi masterpiece provides a lot of fun for the viewers, but has a deeper meaning to it.
February 7, 2017
Based on the novel "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" by Philip K. Dick. A cult classic sci-fi film that was made well before its time.
February 4, 2017
Hadn't see this movie till yesterday! This was pretty slick and futuristic for the 80s! Loved it and happy i got to see it on the big screen! Can't wait to see 2049!
January 30, 2017
One of the best dystopian science fiction classics of all times, thrilling and entertaining, Harrison Ford was essentially the same guy in all his earlier movies, but I liked Deckard. Now looking forward to its sequel in October. Blade Runner 2049
January 27, 2017
Ridley Scott's mysterious tale about humanity may be strange and difficult at first, but repeated views only make it's philosophical questions more and more thrilling. This reflection is sufficient to make a great movie, but Scott delivers even more to us by bringing together a stunning cinematography and excellent special effects for the time.
January 26, 2017
Impossible to sequel nor to remake. A visionary monument of cinema.
Blade Runner doesn't need another review. It just need to be seen by new generations.
January 26, 2017
Many viewers enjoy the offbeat editing and exceptionally thin storytelling, but for me, Blade Runner was an overrated mess.
½ January 24, 2017
The fortunate thing is the more you try to understand and interpret it, Ridley Scott's misunderstood sci-fi masterpiece can be enjoyed in many versions. The settings are wonderful yet realistic. The imagery is forever itched in everyone's mind, and is surprisingly no different to how it looks now. The characters' interaction to the world around them make for a powerful, if strange, neo-noir epic. Some great quotes from this movie as well, which raises many questions about the prospect of mortality. The ambiguity surrounding much of the film will live forever, ironically unlike some of its own certain subjects.
January 16, 2017
Stereotypical 80's dark new-wave
January 13, 2017
I feel the movie is different from most sci-fi stories and is unique enough to warrant a watch. I think the world is constructed creatively and the movie has big ideas. I just feel like for the most part, I didn't think a whole lot happened in the movie and I felt the pacing wasn't always the best. I'm probably with the minority on this one, but I don't see why this is one is considered one of the best movies in the genre. It is definitely original, but there are better sci-fi movies and better movies that Ridley Scott has made out there.
January 9, 2017
5/5. Need I say more?
January 7, 2017
Despite the slow pace of the film, the whole concept of Blade Runner is definitely ahead of its time. Excellent!
January 3, 2017
Blade Runner does a good job of showing a future utterly devoid of hope, but it is rather depressing. Undoubtedly an impressive achievement in set design and visuals, Blade Runner otherwise possesses few elements designed to effectively capture (and subsequently hold) the viewer's interest over the course of its bloated 117-minute running time. While the film is visually stunning, there are almost no characters for the audience to identify with or sympathize with. It looks fabulous, it uses special effects to create a new world of its own, but it is thin in its human story. They are mostly cold and detached. The synth-heavy score by Vangelis only exacerbates the film's many problems, while the sluggish pace succeeds only in keeping the viewer at arm's length (the protracted finale is, to put it mildly, awfully anti-climactic). I have been aware of the film and its reputation for years, however I had never been that interested in seeing it, but I felt obliged to see it, I'd always get looks and utterances of mock outrage when I said I hadn't seen it. Well, now I have, and next time I can reply with 'Yes, I have seen it, and it's one of the most overrated films I have ever seen.' That Blade Runner is now considered a landmark achievement within the science fiction genre is nothing short of baffling, with the frustratingly ambiguous conclusion only cementing the film's status as a hopelessly overrated piece of work.

VERDICT: "In The Zone" - [Mixed Reaction] These kinds of movies are usually movies that had some good things, but some bad things kept it from being amazing. This rating says buy an ex-rental or a cheap price of the DVD to own. If you consider cinema, ask for people's opinion on the film. (Films that are rated 2.5 or 3 stars)