Blades of Glory - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blades of Glory Reviews

July 15, 2016
Hahaha from beginning to end!!!!
½ June 27, 2016
I don't know why I was so disappointed.  This is one of those flicks where all the funny scenes are in the trailer.  So if you watched that you're set.  Though littered with homosexual innuendo it really wasn't as funny as I thought it would be.  If you're hard up for entertainment maybe I'd recommend this otherwise nah.
May 14, 2016
Best Will Ferrell film ever!!!!
½ May 2, 2016
got told off for laughing too loudly in the cinema.how can you laugh too loudly?
½ April 23, 2016
Will Ferrell is funny as ever playin the BadBoy of Figure Skatin, and Jon Hender is just as good
½ March 30, 2016
Chazz Michael Michaels
½ March 10, 2016
Fairly hilarious, but a clever twist for a comedy about getting revenge. Even though I say fairly hilarious, there was definitely at least one moment where I laughed out loud. Ferrel, one of my favorite comedians of all time, makes his usual debut as a worthless-looking, but not so worthless skater and Heder playing a simple feministic skater who's just trying to make things right. A neat and ironic story about two performing ice skaters both winning gold metals, hate each other, then win gold medals again. I guess it proves that happy accidents can almost aways be worth something more. Not featuring the greatest amount of jokes, but overall comedic concept was well brought up. Even though I gave Get Hard the same rating, this one if anything was better. Obviously some great sport performances by the two actors.
March 6, 2016
LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! IT IS ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!
February 4, 2016
I love this movie, it's trully funny

I hate those critics that think all movies need academic humor... that's stupid, this movie is perfect
January 15, 2016
Adulterated choreography.
December 26, 2015
Jenna Fischer and Jon Heder horribly miscast and performing terribly aside, Blades of Glory is just about as good as anything else in the Ferrell stable. He is funny and still energetic enough to carry the movie despite Heder bringing zero charisma to his role, the secret weapon really is the casting of Amy Poehler and Will Arnett as the rival twins.
December 23, 2015
Absolutely love this movie watch it every Christmas
December 22, 2015
Another excellent vehicle for Ferrell's comedic style, Blades of Glory is unique in its subject matter (even if it traffics a bit too much in homophobic comedy) and in its sense of humor. Ridiculous and entertaining, Blades of Glory will satiate the viewer's desire for simple, strait forward and simple comedic entertainment.

The timing and chemistry between the entire cast is excellent, and Amy Poehler and Will Arnet's turn as an incredibly unique pair of psychopathic skaters is perhaps the highlight of the film. But this film is also a vehicle perfectly suited for Farrell's comedic skills as the overly large, bumbling and deluded male interested only in himself.
December 20, 2015
"Blades of Glory" is hilariously entertaining that is just as quotable as other Will Ferrell outings and successful spoofs other sports dramas with solid performances and great one-liners.
½ December 10, 2015
It's kind of the same thing over and over again. There are definitely better Jon Heder, and Will Ferrell comedies out there. You can skip this one.
½ December 1, 2015
I've heard from many people that this movie is hilarious.
½ October 23, 2015
Blades of Glory is a really good spoof movie that is surprising that you can make skating over-the-top entertaining but still have some logic to it. The beginning can be a bit annoying and unfunny, but once it gets to them working together, that's when the film starts to get good. The main characters do argue at times which can annoy viewers, but I actually didn't mind it and find it funny. Will Ferrell and Jon Heder are pretty funny and definitely work together very well. The rest of the cast are funny too, especially Will Arnett and Amy Poehler who are just downright hilarious. The plot is formulaic which you can definitely tell where it's going. The skating scenes are pretty funny and entertaining to watch as you want to see what crazy moves they are going to do next. Blades of Glory is not comedic gold, but it's a good time to watch for fans of Will Ferrell and Jon Heder, but it's probably not gonna sway people who don't like their brand of humor to go see this movie.
½ October 12, 2015
Some very funny moments. Worth a watch.
½ October 8, 2015
Will Ferrell is always willing to make himself look ridiculous and become the butt of a joke to push it over the top. Where most comedians stop, Ferrell pushes beyond with his larger than life idiotic characters and physical humor. Will Ferrell goes big once again, but this movie is different from his others. It is not as raunchy or outwardly goofy and the dialogue is not brimming over with quotable character lines. This is more of a physical and situational comedy, where the imagery and actions become the comedy. Both John Header and Will Ferrell form wonderfully exaggerated characters that are likable underneath and carry the movie. The scenes where they train and skate together are hilariously awkward. Both remain within the bounds of their characters and play the skating scenes straight and let the physicality garner the laughs, and it works well. Spouses Will Arnett and Amy Poehler are one of the best parts of the movie. They play the jealous but meddlesome rival brother-sister couples skaters. Their real-life love helps fuel the awkward vague sibling relationship that humorously hints at an unspoken sibling romance. It is equally as off-putting and funny as couples skating with two men. The goofy costumes, exaggerated skating moves and announcer presentation are dripping with a comical satirical tone. It takes you out of your comfort zone in a friendly and funny way and roles in the satire to make a well-rounded comedy that even some Will Ferrell haters may like.
½ October 6, 2015
One of the worst Ferrell movies with few giggles and barely a laugh.