Blood and Chocolate Reviews

• Nov 14, 2019

I remember this was the only movie I've ever fallen asleep at in a theater. The only reason why I remembered it was because it was on tv just the other day. The only thing I could think about was how bad it was. I normally say awake in a theater despite the movie's badness, but granted I was very sick at the time and probably high as a kite on cough syrup. Plus I really didn't enjoy the person's company that I was with. So yeah, those are my memories of this movie. Better to avoid making any of your own.

• Dec 03, 2018

Director Katja von Garnier approaches a human/lycanthrope coupling as a Romeo & Juliet affair, only with a little more fur involved. Horror fans will be disgusted by the lack of gore. Romance fans will be disgusted by the presence of gore. One is tempted to applaud the filmmakers for trying something this daring, but the result isn't good enough to warrant any acclaim, however lukewarm it might be.

• Jun 17, 2018

The cast is very pretty. Bucharest is beautiful. The acting was not the best. The scenes in which the wolves change were cringe worthy. Was it meant to be a comedy?

• May 23, 2018

Read book first & loved it. Was psyched about the movie till I saw it & realized critical plot points & character interactions from book had been completely changed/reversed. Ruined it!!!

• Mar 19, 2017

People here are saying it's shit. Have you already read the novel? I think they make it better than the novel, which there's nothing more of it to expect, so stop judging without considering both sides. They a better ending than the novel, and that's already an awesome thing to see.

• Feb 17, 2017

I went to this movie with some expectation that they would follow at least half of what the books plot and characters are. I was sorely dissapointed and felt cheated on my time spent on this ridiculous movie. They should have called it Bloody Chocolate or Chocolate Blood, at least change the characters names too. I would have enjoyed it slightly then.

• Jan 09, 2017

This was a fairly good werewolf story, although too teenage angst driven to allow me to lose myself in the story. It is worth seeing, just don't expect it is the best of the genre

• Oct 11, 2016

I was expecting a lot more from this movie. I didn't find it enjoyable. It didn't feel romantic, but it also didn't feel like much of an adventure or horror film.

• Oct 28, 2015

I read the book. I watched the movie. They are two entirely different things. One was good. One was bad. Guess which was which.

• Jul 04, 2015

Loved it... Romania and werewolves, two of my favorite things....

Loved it... Romania and werewolves, two of my favorite things....