Blood Father Reviews

• 1d ago

Awesome movie, very entertaining, gritty, and well written. Acting was pretty good. Overall a great film.

• May 27, 2020

Mel Gibson may have some detestable qualities as a human, but his work is compelling... even a low budget action thriller like Blood Father. He completely owns the roll of the ex-con on a redemption arc that makes you want to take the ride, despite knowing exactly where it is going. Pacing and action and dialogue all snap, without showiness... the only problem is that the rest of the cast doesn't have enough to do and simply feel pale in comparison to Gibson's haggard, aggressive paternalism. I enjoyed it even when I didn't really want to, and that says something.

• May 17, 2020

Mel Gibson’s acting holds this entertaining but somewhat unbelievable film together. Erin Moriarity is either miscast as Lydia or she doesn’t understand the character. Michael Parks’ performance detracts as well. It is worth a watch if you have nothing better to do.

• May 15, 2020

Wild Action thriller. With excellent performances of the camera work. As the main actors guide the story in many directions. Some may find this very entertaining ride to be sometimes too shaky for some, but that technique uses its advantage in BLOOD FATHER!

• May 08, 2020

Mel Gibson is a national treasure for acting almost as good as his directing.

Mel Gibson is a national treasure for acting almost as good as his directing.

• May 07, 2020

Well, it's nice to see Mel Gibson could find a role where his racism and anti-immigrant beliefs could shine while he seeks redemption. Plus, another Messiah role where he can preach and be one man against the world. All that being said, it is a well crafted aging action hero movie that maintains it's realism and does not drag you out of the film. The pacing is good, with only a few lulls for preaching.

• Apr 28, 2020

A great Mel Gibson action film

A great Mel Gibson action film

• Apr 28, 2020

Giving this movie a full star is probably being generous. Just about every scene has some sort of factual error, most of them egregious. Gibson's acting seems like he was drunk or high and the rest of the acting was generally worse. William H. Macy was the lone bright spot, but his small role only had a few minutes of screen time. The dialogue is ridiculously awkward and half of the movie seems like some sort of vague political suggestion. The only good things I can say about it and the reason I didn't give it an even lower rating is that the basic story line is mildly compelling, there is a bit of action and the director managed to maintain general continuity.

• Apr 25, 2020

Predictable. But fine. Passed the time is perfect for it.

Predictable. But fine. Passed the time is perfect for it.

• Apr 22, 2020

I am not sure why Rambo Last Blood got such poor marks and this was that much better. There are some tonal differences, and Gibson is a better actor, but they are basically the same film. Gibson is a troubled loser that has to save his daughter by shooting a bunch of people. Gibson does a good job, and the film is not great, but pretty good. He kind of goes out of his way to shoot neo-Nazis, so I am wondering if this is post 'the incident' - I am guessing it was.