The Blue Iguana Reviews

• May 12, 2012

Offbeat crime comedy, with a Yojimbo-like plot, and a particularly dry Dylan McDermott as the noirish hero. Quirky characters, some memorable lines, and plenty of black humor means this will play poorly to most, but very well to a select few.

• Jan 02, 2011

"She was a real looker, but I knew if she got the chance, She'd put a bullet in my back. Dames are funny that way." To stay out of the slammer, down-on-his-luck bounty hunter Vince Holloway (Dylan McDermott) reluctantly agrees to do the bidding of two crooked IRS agents (Tovah Feldshuh and Dean Stockwell). Tasked with recouping $20 million of laundered drug money, Holloway heads south of the border to a banana republic where double crosses and murder are de rigueur. James Russo and Jessica Harper provide support in this quirky caper film. Also features Flea of the Red Hot Chillip Peppers. The soundtrack is a wild, unpredictable collection of songs (a James Brown mega-hit, a popular Fela Kuti number, and a rousing cover of âBorn To Be Wild❠by Zodiac Mindwarp & the Love Reaction), a couple of doo-wop classics (âYou Cheated❠by the Del Vikings, and the great âWinner Take All❠by the Platters), some hip-hop curiosities (an early rap-rock fusion with the White Boysâ(TM) âThis Is Hardcore, Is It Not?â, an ultra-rare Fat Boys track, and Kurtis Blow doing the movieâ(TM)s theme song), a few original songs by punk producer Ethan James (who also wrote the surf-noir score), and even some funk and metal (by Chuck Brown and L.A. Guns, respectively). -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Zoe 'The Bartender': Found a new sport that I like. Know what it is? Golf. Know why I like it? Because golf is walking through a park... with a purpose.