Blue State Reviews

• Feb 02, 2016

I really enjoyed parts of this movie. It did make me stop and think from time to time about different things. Most of all it left me thinking of this song from the musical "Into the Woods"; Running away- let's do it, Free from the ties that bind. No more despair Or burdens to bear Out there in the yonder. Running away- go to it. Where did you have in mind? Have to take care: Unless there's a "where," You'll only be wandering blind. Just more questions. Different kinds. Where are we to go? Where are we ever to go? Running away- we'll do it. Why sit around, resigned? Trouble is, son, The farther you run, The more you feel undefined For what you've left undone And, more, what you've left behind.

• Apr 19, 2015

just fair-kind of dorky.nothing to rave about.couple of funny parts,but overall it was blah and goofy.

• Jun 25, 2013

Since I didn't turn it off and watched it in its entirety, I'll take that as being a good sign. BLUE STATE was a little film that ended up being moderately entertaining. This was a unique story that flowed pretty well and ended with a satisfying conclusion. There's not much more to it than that. This film wasn't overly complex, interesting or compelling. But overall, it was a bit of harmless fun that came as quick as it left. I must warn you that if you're not into political movies or are right wing, this may not be the film for you. A very generous -- 6/10.

• Jun 15, 2013

To much politics not enough substance

To much politics not enough substance

• Jun 01, 2013

Noble ideals but this movie lacks the subtlety needed for wise political criticism. And it's an insipid love story. Ham handed characterizations of both Americans and Canadians is also insufferable.

• Feb 27, 2013

While an interesting idea, long parts of the movie are rather boring, but then one does get to the occasional moment of insight.

• Jan 23, 2013

political thrillers are a dime a dosen, but political rom-coms are a nice change of pace.

• Jan 01, 2013

It seemed like a typical road trip romance film from its synopsis but the plot actually offered some surprises I did not expect. Blue State is definitely worth a watch if it fits into your type of movie.

• Oct 28, 2012

This movie would probably be pretty boring to someone who isn't interested in offbeat films or politics. But the cast made the film for me, personally. And I've always been a sucker for road trip movies.

• Jul 30, 2012

Polarising depending on your politics, perhaps, but this films biggest crime is its predictable love plot. I don't think it deserves the lower score it's been lumbered with here, but that's what you get for making a film that involves opinions.