Blue Streak - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blue Streak Reviews

½ July 9, 2018
funny movie with a fun premise and cool story. entertaining with a great lead performance as well as funny supporting characters played by dave chappelle and luke wilson (about 4 viewings)
September 21, 2017
3rd best Luck Wilson movie
April 3, 2017
Martin Lawrence is very likable. The problem is that the movie just wasn't all that funny. Also a little distrusting that we're supposed to root for a thief. Everyone, including the cops, is happy that he gets away with the diamond in the end. Because...why? He's cool? C'mon...
½ January 30, 2017
'Blue Streak' is very by-the-numbers and doesn't really offer anything new or different but it holds it's own as a solid movie with Martin Lawrence's shtick and circumstancial comedy to go around.
½ January 24, 2017
Before you get your hopes up that "Blue Streak" might be a movie about a classic wooden rollercoaster, let me clarify that it is not. It is a buddy cop comedy starring Martin Lawrence. So... absolutely nothing like a classic rollercoaster. The plot is actually rather clever as it forces a jewel thief to infiltrate a police station in order to recover a hidden diamond that he stashed in the ventilation shaft while the building was under construction. The execution of this clever plot is exactly what you'd expect from a Martin Lawrence comedy. It isn't worthy of any awards but it delivers a few laughs when you need them. The chemistry between Lawrence and Luke Wilson is unique since they are partners and enemies at the same time (without Wilson being aware). The rest of the cast doesn't offer much, particularly Dave Chappelle. While his character necessitates an annoying performance, I found myself distracted during his scenes because I could not wait for him to go away. My biggest disappointment with the film is that none of the characters have a transformation. The resolution of the story is a bit of a stretch but gets the job done while the action makes up for the shortcomings in the film's script. "Blue Streak" is good for a few laughs but I'd recommend rewatching an early 90's Adam Sandler comedy if you're looking for mindless entertainment.
January 23, 2017
Still a pretty decently funny movie. The plot was generic but had a lot of funny characters and a quick paced story.
January 21, 2017
It gets a solid 4 from me.
December 30, 2016
Half the comedy in this movie is priceless!
½ July 31, 2016
funny film but it's been done done before and it's nothing new
December 2, 2015
Blue Streak is your classic 90's action comedy and is right in Martin Lawerences prime. Its daft, unrealistic and slapstick..the perfect formula for a good 90's movie. Its pretty short and sweet but its the type of movie which can appeal to all if your not wanting anything serious but just something to put a smile on your face.
November 12, 2015
This Month's Movie Review for November 2015 is Blue Streak with Martin Lawrence that can out in the year 1999. This is funny like most of martin lawrence movies with the funny Dave Chappelle. My favourite part of the movie is end part when Martin Lawrence roundhouse kicked his former partner in the face and another favourite part of the movie is when Martin punched David Chappelle in the face in the ally. I found out that there making Bad Boy 3 soon and Martin Lawrence in the movie with Wesley Snipes, so look out for it in a couple of years. I gave this movie 4 stars. A good movie to see.
October 27, 2015
its 2015 and still i love this movie
½ September 20, 2015
While being cliche enough to put Rush Hour to shame, Blue Streak does give Martin Lawrence enough leeway to perform some inspiring comedy.
½ June 22, 2015
Young Martin Lawrence is fresh and funny in this one! I'd absolutely loved his performance in this police action flick!
½ May 22, 2015
Martin adds some comedy but as a whole this is a rather flat action adventure.
April 16, 2015
4/16/2015: A pretty decent movie. It was funny and had good action.
March 15, 2015
Really enjoyed it ???
March 7, 2015
A generous, not "solid," two stars.
February 19, 2015
Martin Lawrence must pose as a detective to retrieve stolen jewels he stole in a botched burglary. It's fast paced entertainment.
½ November 22, 2014
It's a wannabee Rush Hour. Or maybe a wannabee Money Talks?