Boogeyman Reviews

• Aug 24, 2019

Hmm...was this suppose to be scary?

Hmm...was this suppose to be scary?

• Aug 02, 2019

I didn't really understand the meaning of this movie because it doesn't have it, the scenes don't make sense until the end and anyway they don't buy much, the film is weird and inconsistent because everyone sees this monster but to defeat it our protagonist had to destroy a series of suggestions that made him imagine as a child and this does not make much sense, another nonsense thing is that the monster kidnaps children but in the end he just wants to take the protagonist

• Apr 27, 2019

lost my erection immediately

lost my erection immediately

• Sep 11, 2018

Despite being visually appealing from time to time, "Boogeyman" fails to deliver anything to its genre and doesn't even lives up to the lowest expectations.

• Dec 30, 2017

Cool movie that really freaked me out, i was trying to watch the 1980 boogeyman but i saw this instead

• Nov 23, 2016

it's okay the sequels are better though

it's okay the sequels are better though

• Nov 01, 2016

Not really scary at all. The director uses his camera in an attempt to fill in the holes left by a vacant narrative. There's not much story here other than a man tries to face his fears after an encounter with the boogeyman when he was young leaves him traumatized, he does this by revisiting his old home after his mother dies. It almost feels like the movie makers here realize that they haven't got much to work with so they try to create what tension, and scares, they can by having people walk around really slowly, and reaching for door knobs really slowly, until the ultimate final confrontation with a terrible looking CGI boogeyman. Watch once, and forget about it.

• Oct 30, 2016

Boogeyman sets up the spooky atmosphere with a classic haunted-house setting and psychological tension, but if you're looking for a definitive study of our culture's paranoia with the self-titled enigma, there's plenty of superior alternatives.

• Sep 28, 2016

Em algum momento parece que vai ficar interessante, mas... não.

Em algum momento parece que vai ficar interessante, mas... não.

• Jun 10, 2016

The concept is creepy, but the deliverance is not there. Lacked originality, and there were only one creepy scene. The rest was boring. Weak performances and no suspense.