Brake Reviews

• Nov 02, 2018

Wow, works on all levels

Wow, works on all levels

• Oct 31, 2018

I don't think I have seen Stephen Dorff in anything since he played the superb villain Deacon Frost in the first Blade movie. After looking him up on IMDB , it seems he has been busy since then but this is the first which has caught my attention. Stephen Dorff basically plays Jack Bauer in a box. He is an angry secret service agent who has been kidnapped by terrorists, placed in a box in the boot of a car and is heading to an undisclosed location to go boom along with the box and car. The terrorists want information from angry Stephen Dorff and continue to threaten and torture in the hope he gives it up. Despite spending 95% of the movie inside a box I found the story pretty gripping plus I felt the ending was superb because just as you think the film is about to end and they have given you some naff cop out lame ending, they punch you in the face and give you the ending you were hoping for all along! Pretty decent thriller, a cross between 24 and Buried.

• Feb 26, 2017

Don't understand the low ratings. This is a fine move and the various endings will satisfy most fans of thriller movies. Well done

• Feb 12, 2017

Terrible - not credible that a trained agent would not use his time on 911 to provide key information (like a crime scene where a man and a dog were shot which he failed to mention to a dispatcher who was trying to locate him)

• Jan 02, 2017

It's good movie to watch

It's good movie to watch

• Dec 12, 2016

The actor did a hell of a job. I predicted the first turn half way through the movie. And the final turn wasn't entirely unexpected as well.

• Jul 27, 2016

It's torture in a box. 1hr and 31 minutes of bad writing, horrible voice-acting and a completely far-fetched scenario---all in a box. Stephen Dorff does his best to make the most of it all, but in the end (literally the ending of the film), it only gets worse.

• Feb 18, 2016

This film is great.If you liked Buried you must watch this film it's very claustrophobic with one actor most of the film apart from other voices.The twists at the end are great a must see.

• Aug 03, 2015

It tried to be "Buried" but lack of story horrid ending/not ending/ending killed it

• Mar 15, 2015

A government agent with a gambling problem is locked in a box in the trunk of a car, terrorists want to know the location of a secret base where the president will be and are going to keep him boxed up till they get it. It's kinda a action movie in a car trunk, if that makes any sense. Stephen Dorff is good for what he has to work with, and it has a few OK moments, but the twist ending seemed dumb and clunky, which just made the whole thing leave a bad taste in my mouth, cinematicly speaking. 2 Beards Out Of 5