Break Up Club (Fun sau suet oi nei) Reviews

• Aug 18, 2015

The way it was film was kind of interesting. But the story is a little stupid. If you are going to break up that many times, you are bound to be doomed. And I really dislike the ending, which could be more sweet and more romantic!

• Feb 09, 2014

Quite an observation of relationships, in local terms, nowadays. The mockumentary thing is so silly & doesn't help the narrative at all however.

• Nov 12, 2012

why did it have to be such a heartbreak? i was told it was a fun movie...

why did it have to be such a heartbreak? i was told it was a fun movie...

• Nov 02, 2012

• Feb 28, 2012

I knew it, there is something in the world we should never let go.

I knew it, there is something in the world we should never let go.

• Dec 04, 2011

Jaycee get's to show his vulnerable side in this art house drama that slightly echoes Enternal Sunshine of s Spotless Mind.

• Aug 02, 2011

• May 24, 2011

unexpectedly nice and so 'real'

unexpectedly nice and so 'real'

• Mar 08, 2011

2: There were times while watching this very contemporary Hong Kong romantic comedy that I felt fairly disgusted, but it usually managed to recover. The concept is definitely high concept, as many romantic comedies/comedies are (Bruce Almighty, 13 Going on 30, 17 Again, Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, Click, etc), but the structure is also somewhat unique, in that it is a film within a film that includes an apparently fictitious director, writer, producer, etc. both in front of and behind the scenes. However, one wouldn't necessarilly realize this as the film includes fake credits at the outset. It certainly borrows from reality television and gets way too over-the-top and ridiculously melodramatic and sentimental at times, but I always felt like these particularly awful scenes were revisited later and we were allowed to examine them from an emotional distance and poke fun at them a bit. This was essential, otherwise the film would have gotten at least a half star less. To see the global reach of Hollywood, one need look no father than Break Up Club. It is a perfect example of how similar pictures made all around the world can be. It makes one wonder what, if any, thought has been put into shaping the manner in which the world relates to the United States by inserting desirable messages and imagery designed to alter the geopolitical landscape. I suspect very little has been consciously done in this area, but it could be the ultimate DARPA Information Operations project. Maybe I just haven't been read into this program yet.

• Feb 27, 2011

Very real, and good performances. Innovative with the camera work. Fun to watch! Some problems with structure / editing in that it felt like 3 separate movies (and in the end it tried to be too clever; that part was too drawn out) but can't complain for a local HK movie.