The Bride With White Hair Reviews

• Carlos M Super Reviewer
    Mar 31, 2019

I can clearly see where the inspiration for my beloved Xena came from, but this cheesy Hong Kong martial arts film is just passable entertainment that relies too much on the use of step-printed slow motion and is filled with repetition and expository dialogue instead of enough fighting.

• Jan 17, 2019

Fantastic wuxia film that is well deserving of its reputation. Great stuff.

Fantastic wuxia film that is well deserving of its reputation. Great stuff.

• Jan 31, 2015

Much of the overacting from the human yin/yang comes across as comedy. There's some good wuxia scenes, but it's mostly drama, romance, and bad effects. Interesting lighting and colors, but very dated and overrated.

• May 04, 2014

This was a beautiful movie combining action, good romance, and a tragic yet captivating story. I admit the villain was a bit on the strange side but nevertheless it was good. The sequel can't beat this.

• Sep 23, 2013

A great example of Chinese action-fantasy. Incredibly good looking. Fighting choreography is also top notch. RECOMMENDED.

• Feb 01, 2013

One of the most visually stunning films I have ever seen.

One of the most visually stunning films I have ever seen.

• Jan 22, 2013

Better than Crouching Tiger! A real martial arts fairy tale.

Better than Crouching Tiger! A real martial arts fairy tale.

• Jan 07, 2013

Wow! This was an interesting movie!

Wow! This was an interesting movie!

• Nov 25, 2012

Filmed exclusively at night this extreme Romeo & Juliet is based on a Chinese folk tale whose narrative occasionally succumbs to Peter Pau's translucent cinematography and Phillip Kwok's graphic, elegant, unpretentious choreography. Taiwanese model turned Hong Kong actress Brigitte Lin is probably best known for the aforementioned bride with untamable white locks. Action starlet Elaine Lui co-stars as one half of a Siamese twin villain whose obnoxious laugh is offset by Francis Ng's over-the-top delivery.

• Aug 11, 2012

With brilliant special effects, costumes, make-up, set design and cinematography, this visually splendid fantasy lacks the coherent plot needed to captive and carry its audience through its gestation.