Brimstone - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Brimstone Reviews

March 25, 2017
I really enjoyed this movie! It started a little slow but took some fantastic twists right up to the end
March 24, 2017
Couldn't wait for the villain to die! Enough already!
March 24, 2017
I'm only giving this movie for stars I really want to give it 5 but this ending just kills me fantastic movie fantastic acting
March 24, 2017
Story told in kind of a Flashback. would be better if there was an explanation why the evil Reverend survived the cut-throat at the house of the prostitutes.
March 24, 2017
Grim, dark, sinister. I think most reviewers give negative ratings as they are offended. This movie is out to offend you! Moreso if you are religious.
Superbly acted, beautifully shot. A movie for it's time and place.
March 21, 2017
This director will be one to watch out for in the future :)
March 20, 2017
i like it good actors
March 20, 2017
Well done. Thought provoking. Dakota Fanning said so much with out saying anything.
½ March 20, 2017
If you were disturbed watching it good. Imagine living it. That's what the film provided a good punch in the gut
March 19, 2017
Terrible movie don't watch it
March 19, 2017
What a sick, demented, twisted, convoluted story!
Who could like this pure evil?
No redeeming value!!
March 19, 2017
So dumb. Kit Harrington needs to stick to television.
March 18, 2017
Sure the Old West was horrible.
March 16, 2017
170316: Restrained with your own intestines. Need I say more about the nature of this film? I thanked God when I saw the words "Retribution". Brimstone is a long, slow and painful journey. I thought I was going to be happy to have this story over but then my hopes were ripped away. I needed this film like a hole in the head. Features one very unique pistol that is going to drive me verification crazy. A modern western can go a long way with me but this film is so bleak, I can only give it three stars. It's probably worth more.
½ March 15, 2017
DEPRESSING but Dakota Fanning is GREAT
March 15, 2017
One of the most suspenseful western movies ever made. The plot, has nothing in common with your typical westerns. I would like to watch it again on a big screen when I get a chance.
½ March 14, 2017
I wish I could give it less. This is one of the worst movies I have ever sat all the way through. This preacher is some kind of unstoppable boogie man who dodges all attempts to kill him and murders the fuck out of everyone. Then boom. Comeuppance. Fuck this movie forever.
½ March 14, 2017
This is arguably the worst, most venal movie since Land of the Lost. Relentlessly and needlessly violent; mostly an anti-white male hate marathon. So-called characters include a psychopathic murderous, kidnapping, violent, corrupt Reverend, prostitute-murdering and child-abusing men, human trafficking Chinese immigrants - and that's just the first half of this truly detestable waste of money and gigabytes. I turned it off halfway through as the third wave of whiskey-bottle wavin', gun-totin' bad guys came after the beautiful, pure, caring women protagonists. This is not a western or a fable or a story of redemption - it is a horror-zombie movie combination with particularly twisted cardboard cutout characters.
March 14, 2017
Have not been so pleasantly surprised in some time. It's no popcorn movie, it's a journey, but one worth taking.
½ March 14, 2017
That was just awful. A gorgeous absolutely perfect woman who wears a little to much makeup and has perfect hair even in the middle of the night, being chased by a drunken, corrupt priest. One sided characters who had less depth than a mud puddle. This is the worst movie of the year so far, by a long shot.