Bulworth Reviews

• Jul 05, 2020

The story is too dark for me to find it amusing.

The story is too dark for me to find it amusing.

• Feb 17, 2019

One of the worst movies i have ever seen! 15 full minutes of "Insane in the Membrain"? Really?

• Jan 27, 2019

The best comedy movie ever made!

The best comedy movie ever made!

• May 13, 2018

From my perspective, especially given today's political climate, one of the best ever movies of an over-wrought and truthful politician. I LOVE this movie.

• Sep 08, 2017

Real PC. Look no further for hill and the Clinton Machine behind the scenes.

Real PC. Look no further for hill and the Clinton Machine behind the scenes.

• Apr 18, 2017

So corny and very badly dated. The laughs don't hold up, but the satire still works fairly well. The message is strong, and important, and it has a good ending, so it still has some merit.

• Feb 23, 2017

I was happy to finally get around to a revisit of this comedy from Warren Beatty, in which he plays a jaded senator who suddenly decides to start telling the truth during his political speeches, which confuses, amuses and quite frankly frightens a lot of people. This one holds up really well and I won't let so much time pass between viewings next time. Recommended.

• Jan 24, 2017

Cudos to Beatty for this unique, relevant political satire. A great black comedy.

• Sep 03, 2016

Political satire is not my cup of tea but somehow Warren Beatty makes this comedy taste good.

• Aug 31, 2016

Holy crap, what a great movie. Such a shame it's so little-known. Warren Beatty ought to make more films. I mean, Bulworth is kind of a mess, but it's a film about a man, specifically a politician, at the end of his rope. Senator Jay Bulworth has had enough, and he cracks up in a very public way. Trouble is, instead of simply losing his mind he commits the cardinal sin of American politics: he tells the unvarnished truth. The results are interesting, and not as entirely predictable as you might assume. There are problems with the film, but they're outweighed by the inspiration. Beatty turns in great performances both before and behind the camera, and the audacity of this film to tackle race issues in such a bold and unforgiving (if not entirely successful) way is commendable in itself. On top of all this you have cinematography from the great Vittorio Storaro and a music score consisting of equal parts classic hip-hop and a grand turn from Ennio Fucking Morricone, and you have the makings of a near-masterpiece. Watch Bulworth if you want to see an intelligent, honest film about American politics, made by an American with, it must be said, balls the size Mount Everest. Great, disturbing, prescient stuff here, on the order of Dr Strangelove and Network. SEE THIS MOVIE NOW.