Butterflies Are Free Reviews

• Jan 27, 2019

The best romance movie ever made!

The best romance movie ever made!

• Jul 09, 2018

Witty and charming. Interesting characters.

Witty and charming. Interesting characters.

• Apr 09, 2018

Adapted from a play by Leonard Gershe centering on a young blind man's, (Edward Albert) Don Baker's independence away from his overbearing mother, Eileen Heckart to live with energetic Jill Tanner (Goldie Hawn).

• Mar 31, 2017

Heart-warming movie about a blind guy whose next door neighbor just happens to be a gorgeous blonde girl played by Goldie Hawn. I really like this movie. A bit wordy but still one of my favorite romance stories.

• Apr 08, 2015

This is a wonderful movie with outstanding performances from Goldie Hawn, Edward Albert, and Eileen Heckhart. Every word spoke is this movie is wonderfully written and includes some of the best on screen dialogue I have heard. It's based off a play and it works perfectly as a film thanks to Hawn and Albert's pitch perfect chemistry.

• Mar 01, 2014

Blind man, Edward Albert, falls for free spirit, Goldie Hawn, who helps him get out from under the skirt of his over protective mother, Eileen Heckart. Hawn is charming and Albert and Heckart both five strong performances, but the preachy, speechifying script can't escape it's stagey origins. The performances and particularly Hawn make the film worth watching.

• Jan 13, 2013

Such of cute Comedy!

Such of cute Comedy!

• Oct 03, 2012

Smart, funny, and well acted all around, this 70's charmer reminds me just how much I love Goldie Hawn.

• Oct 02, 2012

quirky early seventies pix the only place u can find these gems in the '70's

quirky early seventies pix the only place u can find these gems in the '70's

• Sep 18, 2012

"Butterflies Are Free" is a bit of a time capsule, no question about it, but an enjoyable one. It's set in the bygone world of late 60's/early 70's San Francisco peace and love, but its central drama has aged far better than its trappings.