Buying the Cow Reviews

• May 19, 2015

Good cast and has its funny moments. Notice I said moments!

Good cast and has its funny moments. Notice I said moments!

• Jun 01, 2013

Thought this movie was pretty funny! Anything with Ryan Reynolds is hilarious.

Thought this movie was pretty funny! Anything with Ryan Reynolds is hilarious.

• Jul 24, 2012

one of the best romantic comedies i have seen in few years .

one of the best romantic comedies i have seen in few years .

• Brendan O Super Reviewer
    May 06, 2012

Buying the Cow has an odd film structure and the characters tend to fall in and out. The cast is very impressive and showcases a lot of underrated comedic talents that have either ended up missing out or moved on to better things. Jerry O'Connell is a talented actor but this is beneath him. He throws himself into the role but the filmmaker doesn't have the ability to create a stable film to surround him. The jokes are often mean spirited and there's a weird anti gay moment in here as well. The film is actually good when it hits the story beat of meeting the girl our lead character thought was the dream girl. That scene is funny and just shows how the filmmakers misjudged the storyline. Ron Livingston & Ryan Reynolds steal every scene they are in and the film struggles when they are missing. 01/05/2020

• May 05, 2012

Not the best comedy out there but certainly not the worst.

Not the best comedy out there but certainly not the worst.

• Apr 14, 2012

Had its funny moments but overall a turd.

Had its funny moments but overall a turd.

• Aug 15, 2011

luv you Ryan Reynolds!!

luv you Ryan Reynolds!!

• ~Lissa~ Super Reviewer
    Aug 01, 2011

I thought it was funny! Fun to watch on a Saturday night....alone....drinking...eating raviolis. I loved when he woke up and didn't know who he slept with. Just goes to show ladies! Never put an ultimatum on your man because it could backfire! And do you really want him if you have to do that in the first place? Also, goes to show sometimes your soulmate isn't the one you are with. Ok I'll stop! But I still liked it! Ryan Reynolds and Jerry O'Connell gave me a good night :)

• Jul 26, 2011

Funny movie with a good story and some pretty bust-out-loud laughing scenes. Ryan Reynolds is the same kind of character he is in all his movies but it isn't annoying (in fact, after one point he becomes outright hilarious) yet I think this is one of his best jobs acting. As far as romantic comedies goes, this is one of the best I've seen.

• Jul 25, 2011

So funny. Ryan Reynolds is so gay, almost literally, and leaves nothing of that HTH body to the imagination.